Marathon Weekend 2023

Enough already runDisney! Make having a bib a requirement to get into the merchandise area. Let runners buy the running merchandise!
Be careful what you wish for. Seeing the markups on items on eBay, resellers would just buy bibs to get access to the merch area. Bibs are hard enough to come by lately without the added competition from resellers. Also, it’s been noted on Facebook that a number of resellers also seem to be runners, too, so that wouldn’t help in those cases.

Be careful what you wish for. Seeing the markups on items on eBay, resellers would just buy bibs to get access to the merch area. Bibs are hard enough to come by lately without the added competition from resellers. Also, it’s been noted on Facebook that a number of resellers also seem to be runners, too, so that wouldn’t help in those cases.
I imagine a lot of runners sell the merch to recoup their costs for coming out to the run.

I am. Picking up my son and daughter from MCO around noon and then headed over so they can check in. I am sure we will cruise through the merch to see what is there. I will take a look at Dopey merch.

Thank you!!

I imagine a lot of runners sell the merch to recoup their costs for coming out to the run.
Best solution, runDisney should have more stock:) and sell online months ahead of the race. At least the items that are most popular. I mean, anyone can go buy a Boston Marathon jacket ahead of time along with a ton of other shirts/merch and they also are well stocked at the expo...it's not that hard...no reason for virtual queues and running out of merch early at the expo.

Is there a meet up tomorrow morning again? I was going to try to make it over to Hurricane Hanna's in the afternoon but it looks like with my daughter's BF possibly proposing tomorrow, probably not going to make it.

Is the meet up at the blinky white thing by the information tent?
Meetup in morning is the orange dot... By the big light pole..well one of the first big light poles right by gear check area

FWIW, we went to the expo yesterday at 6:30PM, 1.5 hours before closing. VQ had been done for a bit by then. Merch was pretty well-stocked, some things were gone (I didn’t see the coffee mugs or Loungefly backpacks) but they had shirts, ornaments, spirit jerseys, magnets, etc.
View attachment 729959View attachment 729960
They still had spirit jerseys! I just assume those all get bought the first day!

Best solution, runDisney should have more stock:) and sell online months ahead of the race. At least the items that are most popular. I mean, anyone can go buy a Boston Marathon jacket ahead of time along with a ton of other shirts/merch and they also are well stocked at the expo...it's not that hard...no reason for virtual queues and running out of merch early at the expo.
And for items that people would like to try on, sell vouchers! Good for one item, size pending, since the price across a certain type of clothing would be the same.

I'd also like to see the race shirts in the same place as the bibs. They don't take up that much room at the vendor expo location, and that would split the lines. Everything bib and shirt pickup over here. Vendors over there.

And for items that people would like to try on, sell vouchers! Good for one item, size pending, since the price across a certain type of clothing would be the same.

I'd also like to see the race shirts in the same place as the bibs. They don't take up that much room at the vendor expo location, and that would split the lines. Everything bib and shirt pickup over here. Vendors over there.
But that is how they get you into the expo. That way it ensures that almost everyone (except Dopey runners) has to go into the vendor expo, creating more foot traffic for the vendors. Without that, you would probably not see as many people walk through, less sells for the vendors.

Worst part of the day, by far, was GotG virtual queue being filled in less than two seconds
I somehow scored group 18 after setting a new PR today in the race. I think I need to call it quits for the day. I’m bound to have run out of luck.

I was in that wave, it seemed like really small waves but I guess that’s good because the course didn’t seem crowded. I only stopped for one picture, the lines seemed like they were building faster than usual from ‘A’

Fun race, great meeting some new faces this AM @Z-Knight @lookingforsunshine @surfde22 @The Expert
Great meeting everyone this morning too. If anyone new is coming tomorrow just look for the 6’6” giant standing with a group of people by the light pole. You’ll find us then.

But that is how they get you into the expo. That way it ensures that almost everyone (except Dopey runners) has to go into the vendor expo, creating more foot traffic for the vendors. Without that, you would probably not see as many people walk through, less sells for the vendors.
Except if people don’t want to shop, having to go there won’t change their minds. There are times when I’m by myself that I’m a “get in, get out” person. other times I do want to shop, especially if my mom or cousins are with me.

Is anyone going to the expo today who can report back on what dopey merch they see?

By the time my VQ time was called yesterday the merch was already picked over. Specifically crossing my fingers for a hat or the grey sweatshirt, but that kind of feels like a Hail Mary
Heading over there shortly! I’ll check it out.

Basically Exit Through the Gift Shop for runners.

Well, wasted an hour in the merch line this morning after seeing reports of stuff being restocked at the end of the day yesterday. Looks the same now as when I was in at 3pm yesterday. Just less stuff tossed on the floor. Nothing I was looking for yesterday was available this morning.

Except if people don’t want to shop, having to go there won’t change their minds. There are times when I’m by myself that I’m a “get in, get out” person. other times I do want to shop, especially if my mom or cousins are with me.
I would bet that it’s part of the RunDisney vendor contract, though. RunDisney says “pay us $x for a booth and we’ll guarantee at least y runners will visit the Expo.” Impulse buys on sight are definitely a thing, too, even if you didn’t plan to shop, so the foot traffic benefits the vendors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter