Marathon Weekend 2023

I finally stopped for Darkwing near the end. The line wasn’t too long.

Im disappointed there are no heat blankets at the end! Im going to be freezing by they time I get back to my room. :(

I was just going to post the same thing. I packed warm stuff in my gear check back.

rD sure is stingy with the Mylar blankets. 🤨

I was cold the whole race and was really hoping for a Mylar at the finish, too, especially after the pre-race sideline dude (Wiley?) pestered me about getting rid of my "fancy" Mylar before the start. At least the buses were waiting and warm!

Had a great race! After really hurting yesterday I was scared for today but my legs feel good and this weather agrees with me. When I was running I had a good pace. Got pics with Mickey and Minnie and Scrooge. Walked most of second bit of epcot just to rest a bit.

For anyone currently staying at Caribbean or recently for marathon weekend… is there a preferred bus stop to board to get to races as a runner? I didn’t know if there was a particular order the buses come in. I want to avoid walking out to my bus stop and Simple’s seeing fill buses pass by.

For anyone currently staying at Caribbean or recently for marathon weekend… is there a preferred bus stop to board to get to races as a runner? I didn’t know if there was a particular order the buses come in. I want to avoid walking out to my bus stop and Simple’s seeing fill buses pass by.
Can’t promise this is currently how it’s running but for W&D we stayed there and Jamaica was the first stop. We always got right on.

Can’t promise this is currently how it’s running but for W&D we stayed there and Jamaica was the first stop. We always got right on.
Yes, last year Jamaica was first stop, then clockwise.

Anyone else having issues linking the 10k photos? I was able to do the 5k yesterday, but the 10k keeps giving me errors.

Sorry to miss the meetup this morning. Decided to stick with costume buddies. We were worried nobody would recognize us, but were super happy a handful did (probably wouldn't have if we were solo). One person dressed as Mei even asked to take a pic with us! 🤩 Was gonna ask if she was @DisneyMountainWoman before remembering that was her marathon costume.

Definitely could see the Dis Board sign from the Monterey Jack line, so good call @The Expert and @surfde22!

AF2D75C8-5E14-48AC-9E80-08B1C8C101DF.jpeg

If I understand this list correctly, there's no actual picture with Mickey and Minnie other than when you cross the Finish Line.
Yeah they must think it would cause too big of a line to have the actual race mascots on the course. Chip and Dale weren’t on the course today during the 10K, but they were meeting beforehand - and I assume afterward (in Rescue Rangers gear).

The pre race characters this morning at least included the race mascots!

Only pics I got pre race was Monterey Jack.

After the race he was just switching out with Fat Cat so I had to get that one!

Attachments

• 65952D86-E243-40C5-945B-603610100C55.jpeg
    65952D86-E243-40C5-945B-603610100C55.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 24
  • 160E7D52-EE22-4732-A0E7-8B960699D79E.jpeg
    160E7D52-EE22-4732-A0E7-8B960699D79E.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 24
Hey friends! I grabbed a Dopey magnet for someone yesterday and they ended up being able to get one themselves, so I have one that I don’t need since I’m doing Goofy. I would like someone here to have it, so the first person who wants it that sends me a private message can have it.
Hi there! Late reply, do you still have it? We are at all stars and they were sold out when we got to expo.

Yeah they must think it would cause too big of a line to have the actual race mascots on the course.
fall feast 2019 had the mascots on course and I ate up a good 15+ waiting before being told that the line still had a ways to go and the last wave was just released so if I stayed I’d risk getting swept (despite there supposedly being minimal sweeping in a 5K)…I baled and was still able to do two stops after the fact

This morning was such nice conditions to run! Really glad I threw in some long-sleeves as throw away layers.

We opted to sleep in a little more today (we were exhausted and sleeping by around 830 last night) and just missed the meetup this morning. It was still going when we headed to bag check, but by the time we got that and a bathroom stop taken care of most everyone was gone. Feet are a little better today, although various parts of my lower legs took turns trying to get me to stop during the 10k. I’m debating going to the expo and getting k-taped like my PT did for me over the summer.

I’m definitely looking for someone to run with from corral D tomorrow! I’m planning on running intervals (12-13 pace, traffic permitting) until the castle pic, and then walking most of the rest of it.

Looking forward to HH this afternoon!

This morning was such nice conditions to run! Really glad I threw in some long-sleeves as throw away layers.

We opted to sleep in a little more today (we were exhausted and sleeping by around 830 last night) and just missed the meetup this morning. It was still going when we headed to bag check, but by the time we got that and a bathroom stop taken care of most everyone was gone. Feet are a little better today, although various parts of my lower legs took turns trying to get me to stop during the 10k. I’m debating going to the expo and getting k-taped like my PT did for me over the summer.

I’m definitely looking for someone to run with from corral D tomorrow! I’m planning on running intervals (12-13 pace, traffic permitting) until the castle pic, and then walking most of the rest of it.

Looking forward to HH this afternoon!
Do you think that you would have been ok with only a mylar blanket instead of the throw away layers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter