Marathon Weekend 2024

I just realized that I don't think moderates have microwaves in the rooms, do they? I've always stayed in a deluxe studio for Marathon Week so at least had the microwave, the toaster, and a larger fridge, but I dilly-dallyed in making my decision this year and was unable to get one, so I'm staying at Port Orleans FQ. I live in Tampa so I can bring as much stuff as I can fit in my car, and planned on bringing a large cooler as an auxiliary "fridge." I was going to pre-cook chicken, salmon, rice, pasta, vegetables, frittatas, oatmeal, etc and just heat it up. That and bagels and peanut butter and some fruit, and I'd be set.

Are you allowed to have a crock pot, a George Foreman grill, and a toaster in your room? While I'm at it I might was well bring the blender and make smoothies. And my air fryer. I don't have an insta-pot but this might be a good time to pick one up.

My husband and son won't cook while I'm gone anyway so they won't care if I take the entire kitchen!

So jealous of everyone who's already there or on the way! I don't leave until Thursday. Just trying to get through work the next two days.

Same here - Thursday can’t come soon enough!

Safe travels to everyone traveling over the few days!

Thursday departure here as well. Today and tomorrow should be uneventful at work but with year end you never really know.

Add me to the Thursday list too. Every year this is what I have more FOMO about for not running Dopey - watching everyone getting the World while I still have adulting to do here at home. Now on the plus side, I will be better rested Thursday morning than you all running Dopey.

Easy 6am flight this morning (seeing all the other runners in the boarding area warmed my heart) and I’m taking my morning calls from MCO while I wait for hotel check in. I’ll be at a random Ramada until Pop on Thurs to save $$, but it’s next to a Walmart so if anyone at Pop or AoA discovers they really need something from there in the next couple days let me know and I’ll bring it with me.

@DopeyBadger - I submitted a HM POT of 1:47:32 and am bib 5XX for the full marathon.

PS... though I haven't piped in, I'm a long time follower of this group. It's been several years since a runDisney race for me and I really appreciate all the guidance, tips, and support! I hope everyone has an amazing race weekend!

My husband and son won't cook while I'm gone anyway so they won't care if I take the entire kitchen!
Packing myself and while I can't answer your real questions, I'm looking at all the delicious leftovers and lovely fruit/veggies that I am sure will greet me when I return as moldy gunk. These people--fast food is all they eat while I am gone, despite all my "you're gonna get scurvy" warnings.

For the weather watchers… I’m about one small panic attack away from unpacking my planned costume for the half in favor of “just running clothes” that won’t annoy me in torrential rain. Which will probably all but guarantee perfect running costume conditions. You’re welcome in advance. :thumbsup2

I just realized that I don't think moderates have microwaves in the rooms, do they? I've always stayed in a deluxe studio for Marathon Week so at least had the microwave, the toaster, and a larger fridge, but I dilly-dallyed in making my decision this year and was unable to get one, so I'm staying at Port Orleans FQ. I live in Tampa so I can bring as much stuff as I can fit in my car, and planned on bringing a large cooler as an auxiliary "fridge." I was going to pre-cook chicken, salmon, rice, pasta, vegetables, frittatas, oatmeal, etc and just heat it up. That and bagels and peanut butter and some fruit, and I'd be set.

Are you allowed to have a crock pot, a George Foreman grill, and a toaster in your room? While I'm at it I might was well bring the blender and make smoothies. And my air fryer. I don't have an insta-pot but this might be a good time to pick one up.

I stayed at FQ last year and I didn't have a microwave. I'm staying at Gran Destino in February and will be bringing a toaster. I'm not sure if they really do allow appliances in the room, and I'm keeping it to one item. It was less than $10 at Walmart and is small enough I can fit it in my checked luggage.

This morning felt like a race day preview with an alarm at 3a and out the door by 3:30a. Easy, half empty flight down and no issues getting an Uber. Took ~10 minutes. The early hour probably helped. Headed to CBR now then to MK until the room is ready.
Thought the same thing as I rolled out of bed at 330, in the car to the airport at 415, early lunch at Geyser Point. Can’t believe it’s MW again already

I'm leaving first thing tomorrow morning (5:45am flight, connecting via ATL). Hopefully getting up at 3am to get to the airport will help with the early wakeups this weekend. It's weird being on the same time zone now!

I won't arrive at the expo until probably 1 or 1:30, so a total waste of my club rD early access. I'm not doing a challenge, so no specific merch I am after anyway.

I've caught up on work emails and even had a call between getting my nails done, a quick Walmart run for throwaway ponchos, and laundry. I've also complicated my life by deciding to take a cat with us (long story -- my mom is adopting), so just add that stress to the fact that I haven't packed yet. PACKED?! HA! Who needs to be packed?!

But my nails look great!

disneynails.jpeg

The answer to the questions about toasters, etc, in rooms is no, per the link below.

"For safety requirements, Guests should avoid bringing their own personal appliances such as toasters, microwaves, crock pots, electric coolers, hot plates, camping stoves, etc. inside Disney Resort hotels. Guests, however, may request a microwave from the front desk of the Disney Resort Hotel. Supplies are limited and I would recommend you contact the agent who made your reservation to put in the request as soon as possible."

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...ll-appliances-coronado-springs-resort-540567/

I almost forgot to update on the Covid situation! My mom finished her meds today and has been feeling great aside from that first day of symptoms. I have been testing every few days and just came up negative again. I am not going to jinx it by pointing out that I still have yet to get Covid and think I may be some kind of secret superhero like Bruce Willis in Unbreakable. 🦸‍♀️

I almost forgot to update on the Covid situation! My mom finished her meds today and has been feeling great aside from that first day of symptoms. I have been testing every few days and just came up negative again. I am not going to jinx it by pointing out that I still have yet to get Covid and think I may be some kind of secret superhero like Bruce Willis in Unbreakable. 🦸‍♀️
Having been here for about 12 hrs you’re going to be putting that to the test, everyone is sick rn ☠️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter