Marathon Weekend 2025

So…today is my 60th birthday. I always thought I would retire at the end of the 22-23 school year and run 2024 Dopey to celebrate retirement and turning 60.

But, I didn’t retire because I still love what I do and therefore no Dopey for turning 60.

Maybe next year…
Happy birthday!

So…today is my 60th birthday. I always thought I would retire at the end of the 22-23 school year and run 2024 Dopey to celebrate retirement and turning 60.

But, I didn’t retire because I still love what I do and therefore no Dopey for turning 60.

Maybe next year…
Happy birthday!

I'm considering Goofy for 2025. It will be 10 years since my first rD race, which was Goofy in 2015. I've done Dopey 3 times since then and feel that I'm going to regret not just doing Dopey. But I feel like I would rather only have 2 early wake ups and also have more time after the races to enjoy the parks, and it's a little cheaper. Decisions, decisions.

I’ll be back in 2025 for my 13th straight Marathon Weekend (would be 14 if we ran in 2021). Excited to be back to dates that don’t overlap so heavily with Holiday crowds.

Not sure what I’ll run, but my sister is still Perfect Dopey so she’ll need someone to finish a few minutes behind her in at least the 10k and Half.

I'm considering Goofy for 2025. It will be 10 years since my first rD race, which was Goofy in 2015. I've done Dopey 3 times since then and feel that I'm going to regret not just doing Dopey. But I feel like I would rather only have 2 early wake ups and also have more time after the races to enjoy the parks, and it's a little cheaper. Decisions, decisions.
This is almost exactly how I feel (right now) but it might come down to what DH wants to run. I’m also hoping my SIL wants to come down for a race one of these years, and having a 1br would be nice for 2 couples instead of a studio, but that’s more points than we have. 🤷🏻‍♀️

This is almost exactly how I feel (right now) but it might come down to what DH wants to run. I’m also hoping my SIL wants to come down for a race one of these years, and having a 1br would be nice for 2 couples instead of a studio, but that’s more points than we have. 🤷🏻‍♀️
You know you can do a one-time purchase of extra points for a reservation, right? Up to 24 points for $20 per point, for use at the 7 month window. https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/add-on-one-time-use-points/how-to

You know you can do a one-time purchase of extra points for a reservation, right? Up to 24 points for $20 per point, for use at the 7 month window. https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/add-on-one-time-use-points/how-to
Yes. We did that for our September trip when a room became available really late and meant we wouldn’t have to switch rooms/resorts after the first night. I’m not sure if the 20 limit would even be enough though as we only bought a 100pt contract and 1brs are a silly amount of points.

Question how much do you have to put down up front if you want to raise for charity? Cause I’m debating going that route if I can get more information before April or look into volunteering in 2025

I normally frequent the Springtime Surprise Weekend thread, but 2025 is the year I'm hoping to take the step and become a marathoner. I'd been on the fence about it since this past summer, and then when SS '25's dates were released and I saw they were during my son's birthday, I said, "Well, since I can't do that one, I've got to chose another race weekend." So marathon is next logical step, right? :rotfl:
I'm just hoping nobody wants to do the 5K that weekend, too. Because I know where that thought process leads. Well, if I'm doing the 5K and marathon, I might as well do them all. :laughing:

My first runDisney was also 2015 Goofy! It was a great introduction to runDisney for me. But I have too much FOMO to stick with Goofy. Hoping to return in 2025 for my 9th Dopey,

Question how much do you have to put down up front if you want to raise for charity? Cause I’m debating going that route if I can get more information before April or look into volunteering in 2025
It depends on the charity. Some charities ask you to pay the bib price, and then some charities count that towards your fundraising amount and some don't. Other charities ask for maybe $50 up front, which doesn't count towards your fundraising. There also isn't standard fundraising amount, that also depends on the charity.

It depends on the charity. Some charities ask you to pay the bib price, and then some charities count that towards your fundraising amount and some don't. Other charities ask for maybe $50 up front, which doesn't count towards your fundraising. There also isn't standard fundraising amount, that also depends on the charity.
Thanks … is there a good jumping off point to research what charities have what requirements ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter