Marathon Weekend 2025

Favorite parade: Boo To You, which I try to catch both times per party. Honorable mention to Disney Christmas Stories parade at Tokyo Disneyland, Christmas 2017. Some park-goers near me were moved to tears and I came close to joining them.

I’ve only seen Paint the Night once but I wish they’d bring it back! DCA needs night time entertainment.

SAFD: Main Street Electrical Parade is pure nostalgia for me. When I hear the music, I am instantly transported back to my childhood where all our DL days ended with grabbing a spot on the curb to wait for the parade.

the lack of non-ticketed event nighttime parade for so many years now is one of the things on my grumpy list.
100% agree - when I was growing up, and even into the early years with my own kids (who are now older teens), Disney had a nighttime parade year round. Even their current daytime parade FoF (which is great) has been around for years now - it's time for an update.

SAFD: another vote for Boo to You! Worth the price of admission on its own.

Bring back: Star Wars Weekends parades (just bring back the entire SWWs, pleaseandthankyou) and Stars, Cars, and Motorcars at MGM.
I didn’t think about SWW when I first replied, but yes. I loved the motorcade and would often sit right at the beginning with all the locals and we’d cheer for everyone. It was so great.

SAFD: Parade -
At Disneyland for Half Marathon Weekend we were REALLY missing the afternoon parade (and shows). We needed an excuse to sit down in the afternoon. Bummer they didn't have anything for us.
I always enjoyed Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. I said, if I worked at WDW that my job would be dancing in that parade.
I'm pretty much happy to see any parade, night or day.

In other news.....I looked at the Marathon training plan that I'm planning on using and I'm a bit nervous that this is going to do me in.
The Half Marathon plan I used was a total of 59 hours over 16 weeks. The Marathon plan is also 16 weeks with a total of 74 training hours. God help me.

SAFD: Not a parade person, was never raised to stop and view parades, and I think the last time I went to a MNSSHP in the early 2000s it may have pre-dated Boo to You that everyone is mentioning so I was originally going to say none.

Then people brought up the old Tapestry of Nations parade. THAT one I always loved. I still have and listen to the CD a few times a year and relive the good memories of that parade and Illuminations. Tapestry of Nations gets my vote.

SAFD: Parades are usually one and done for me. My favorite memory from watching a parade was Festival of Fantasy... My kids and DH had just done Pirate League and lots of the characters/performers seemed to notice them and react in a fun way. I think I'd like parades a lot more if I didn't feel like I needed to stake out a viewing spot far in advance.

SAFD addition: I really loved the cavalcades during Covid. The casual, pop-up surprise was so fun! They had one rainy day one with a super catchy song mix that I especially liked. I grabbed a video of it:

Yes! Wish more of these would have stuck around. No need to wait around for a long time to have a good spot, no closing of walkways. Really enjoyed these.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter