Marathon Weekend 2025

SAFD:

Magic Kingdom
  1. Pirates of the Caribbean
  2. Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
  3. Haunted Mansion
  4. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
This one is weirdly difficult! If we were doing DL, Peter Pan's Flight would be near the top of the list, but I don't have the same nostalgia for the WDW version (grew up in SoCal). BTMRR is painful to leave off, but I have a sentimental attachment to 7DMT due to riding it with my eldest child late at night, her first 'real roller coaster'.

Animal Kingdom
  1. Flight of Passage
  2. Kilimanjaro Safaris
  3. Maharaja Jungle Trek
  4. Expedition Everest
My favorite park! The Safari is the park's signature attraction, and the most important. Still, I'll never forget the feeling of riding FoP for the first time, being exhilarated and awestruck at once, despite not caring at all for Avatar/Pandora otherwise.

TBH I would've put Finding Nemo: The Musical on this list before the refurb, but the new version is such a disappointment to me.

SAFD: I'm answering before I read anyone else's answers!

Magic Kingdom:
1. Haunted Mansion
2. Pirates of the Caribbean
3. Splash Mountain
4. Carousel of Progress

Animal Kingdom:
1. Expedition Everest
2. Flight of Passage
3. Kilamanjaro Safaris
4. Festival of the Lion King

SAFD:

MK: Definitely a tough one and I’m not going to vote for Splash/ Tiana despite Splash being in my top 2. Splash no longer exists and Tiana isn’t open yet so I can’t rank it.

1 - Jungle Cruise
2 - Haunted Mansion
3 - POTC
4 - Peoplemover

AK:
1- Everest
2 - Kilimanjaro Safari
3 - Maharaja jungle trek
4 - Dinosaur (more for the sentimentality - my kids loved it when younger. And Ketchup Mustard Mayo)

Do you know how you feel after marathons usually? I have tried Epcot two years on the day of the marathon and feel nauseous as I'm eating and cannot finish the yummy things I want to eat/drink. I think Monday is the best day because you may feel better. Just my input!
I've done marathons before and have usually been okay after a nice nap :)

Do you know how you feel after marathons usually? I have tried Epcot two years on the day of the marathon and feel nauseous as I'm eating and cannot finish the yummy things I want to eat/drink. I think Monday is the best day because you may feel better. Just my input!

I felt absolutely terrible the evening on my first half marathon. I had a large celebration dinner and then wound up sitting on a bench, trying to keep that dinner down, for the rest of the night.

Many months later, I was talking to another runner and they asked how much I had eaten immediately after finishing and I realized that I had really only eaten the nachos and cheese when I got back to the room, before taking a shower and long nap.

Now I make sure that I eat something from the race box immediately after finishing (the animal crackers we got for a while worked really well) and then I get a meal with substantial food (i.e. protein) as soon as I get back to the hotel. Most of the time I don't feel like eating - until I actually start eating, when it tastes really good. Knock wood, I've never had a recurrence of the nausea. So that might be something to try.

SAFD:

MK
1. Splash Mountain/Tiana's Bayou Adventure - No chance the retheming changes this for me.
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Tron
4. Big Thunder

AK:
1. Kilimanjaro Safaris
2. Na'vi River Journey - My family will side-eye me on this one but, to me, it's magnificent...as long as the shaman is working.
3. Expedition Everest
4. Maharaja Jungle Trek

Splash Mountain will always be my number #1 but since it doesn’t exist anymore I won‘t count it.

MK
1. Big Thunder Mountain
2. 7 dwarves mines train
3. Haunted Mansion
4. People mover
(Tron would rank somewhere if it wasn’t so short)

AK
1. Everest
2. Safari

…… tough to say 3/4. We have been skipping AK. The last few trips bc I don’t love the rides.
3. FOP
4. Dinosaur

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter