Marathon Weekend 2025

Everyone voting Guardians over Rise makes me sad. Guardians is a ride; Rise is an experience. (Plus, Poe Dameron calls me fine-looking. 😍 )

But of course, that's just my opinion and definitely not influenced by the fact that Guardians makes me sick as a dog. :P
I’m a massive Star Wars geek (although more of the “enough with the Skywalker Saga timeline, you’ve got a massive creative universe to explore and you’re telling the same stories about the same characters” type), but I’m also a thrill ride person. When we first rode Rise, my whole family had a “that was pretty cool, wasn’t it?” reaction; almost as though we were talking ourselves into it (to be fair, the hype train on Rise was completely out of control so our expectations probably negatively influenced our reaction). The first time off Guardians we all had gigantic smiles and were talking over one another when describing what we thought was the coolest part. There’s definitely room for intelligent minds to disagree though.
Because Rise >>> GOTG with Conga playing.
Conga is, without question, the best accompaniment for Guardians, any opinions otherwise…IMG_7294.gif

SAFD:
Rise
Haunted Mansion

If these two are the winners I am going to have a very hard time choosing next week.

I can't handle "fun" rides but I have family members who LOVE Guardians, so I can understand the enthusiasm for it. Rise, though, when it's working and when the cast members are fully in character, is just such a unique experience.

Potentially getting ahead of myself, but should GOTG take the title - the next question (simply based on the past few comments) is what song of the 6 goes best with the ride…

Psst…. It’s September!
And somehow that is literally the ONLY song that I am missing to complete the set. Ugh, it keeps eluding me. Hopefully I get it next month at SS!

And somehow that is literally the ONLY song that I am missing to complete the set. Ugh, it keeps eluding me. Hopefully I get it next month at SS!
That's hilarious, because I have gotten September on every single ride but two! (Conga and Everybody Wants to Rule the World) I was so happy to get another song on those two rides that I hardly had time to pay attention to how well they fit.

I love seeing the Final Four match ups bringing out more of the debate and stronger feelings on the attractions.

From my standpoint, both Rise of the Resistance and Guardians exceed my tolerance threshold for thrill rides. I did ride Rise once and was completely blown away by the production and level of detail of the immersion. I'm bummed that I won't be able to experience Guardians to see what they hype is all about, especially since the music is right in my wheelhouse!

In the more sedate Kingdom bracket, I love both Haunted Mansion and Safaris. Haunted Mansion, though, is my "first stop, must do every trip" attraction. It will always have a place in my heart. This one is definitely a choice between two great things. The Haunted Mansion is just higher up on my list.

All of these votes for GOTG have me thinking I need to try it again - rode it once and maybe it was something I ate but I was more queasy than anything and that really coloured my opinion of the ride. Currently it's the only ride other than Tea Cups that I simply will not ride.

All of these votes for GOTG have me thinking I need to try it again - rode it once and maybe it was something I ate but I was more queasy than anything and that really coloured my opinion of the ride. Currently it's the only ride other than Tea Cups that I simply will not ride.
I think this is not completely unusual for people. I’m usually okay, but can start to feel a little weird towards the end. But I love the ride!

I like the teacups too, but I have to be feeling good to ride it. I can’t not spin fast when I ride it, even though it has the possibility of making me nauseous.

For me, it is Remy that makes me sick every time, and I won’t ride it unless someone with me wants to. The good thing about this ride is that I can just close my eyes to prevent the nausea.

For me, it is Remy that makes me sick every time, and I won’t ride it unless someone with me wants to.
I am trying to decide what ride I will recommend or not to DH…
Rides we know he cannot do as he tried before: FoP, Everest, Teacups, Dumbo and any spinning, Star Tour, Millennium Falcon and pretty all simulators (UO is not great for him). He also has avoided Space Mountain and RRRC because he would not see where he is going.

Rides he hasn’t done but should be ok: Tron and Slinky

Rides he hasn’t done but I am not sure: RotR, MMRR, Remi, GotG… I guess that this is the order we should try them… and maybe stop at RotR from what I read here.

Rides we know he cannot do as he tried before: FoP, Everest, Teacups, Dumbo and any spinning, Star Tour, Millennium Falcon and pretty all simulators (UO is not great for him). He also has avoided Space Mountain and RRRC because he would not see where he is going.

Rides he hasn’t done but I am not sure: RotR, MMRR, Remi, GotG… I guess that this is the order we should try them… and maybe stop at RotR from what I read here.
I'm not usually quesy on rides - tea cups for sure but that's about it. Maybe Remi but I'll be honest - that was at the end of the night of the after party for W&D so there may have been extenuating circumstances. 😂

I will add GOTG back to my list for next January. Maybe before Dopey this time.

It’s fairly notorious for causing motion sickness/being bad for people who get motion sick. Your specific case of nausea may have had other contributing factors but this is something that definitely affects a lot of people.

I'm usually pretty good, but FoP got me. Never again. I'm fine on GotG because I do keep my eyes closed, since it's a roller coaster. Otherwise my eyes water like crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter