March 2021 Cruises Heading Towards Cancellation

You are right, March 2021. Not cancelled and full payment due soon.

Did you hear anything yet? Just wondering since you are past the PIF date now. We are booked for later in March so I have just been waiting for the cancellation notice.

Did you hear anything yet? Just wondering since you are past the PIF date now. We are booked for later in March so I have just been waiting for the cancellation notice.
We have not heard anything about our March 1, 2021 cruise.

Same here. We had to PIF on the 31st, in the hope of getting back the entire amount soon, our deposit being non-refundable. The cruise is still showing up in the reservations page as of this morning and the info on the top of the main page hasn’t been modified.

Just my opinion but it seems disrespectful of the guest time and money that DCL would not keep us more informed about the status of March cruises. Other major cruise lines seem to be making announcements about their intentions for the good of their guest relations. Why is DCL being so evasive when I call in and ask questions?

Just my opinion but it seems disrespectful of the guest time and money that DCL would not keep us more informed about the status of March cruises. Other major cruise lines seem to be making announcements about their intentions for the good of their guest relations. Why is DCL being so evasive when I call in and ask questions?
Because, like everywhere in the Disney organization, CMs in contact with guests must stick to the approved lines. That’s always been the Disney way.

Even if they know they will announce the cancellation tomorrow, they can’t say it today. Do not blame anyone but the higher ups for taking their time. They will announce it everywhere at once and CMs will then be free to talk about it.

Because, like everywhere in the Disney organization, CMs in contact with guests must stick to the approved lines. That’s always been the Disney way.

Even if they know they will announce the cancellation tomorrow, they can’t say it today. Do not blame anyone but the higher ups for taking their time. They will announce it everywhere at once and CMs will then be free to talk about it.

Its all on the higher-ups, and they have been doing it since the start of the pandemic. (Most notably the Alaska, Baja Mexico, and Panama Canal cruises, which couldn't possibly sail due to a. Canada closing and b. the wonder already having transited the canal).

And why they are doing it that way? My gut instincts are that its to hold on to guest money as long as possible.

My gut instincts are that its to hold on to guest money as long as possible.

1. Currency float.

2. Allows them to keep limited staff, as if they cancel too many at once it overwhelms the staff who have to process everything.

The point in this discussion is that, if a country the ship is visiting requires a vaccine, then all passengers will be required to have a vaccine.

No that will be up to the country. A country could require it to disembark but not for those staying board.

These are laws that country writes there is no requirement. Yes it's likely but its not even a guarantee vaccines will be required by most locations DCL goes.

We are scheduled for an early April 2021 on the Magic, which is still in Europe for the foreseeable future. I wish they would just cancel already so we can jump to another cruise! And how long will they really be able to keep up with the 125% FCC? Is the next round of cancelations only going to get 100%? If we don’t get the 125%, we will take our refund and plan a different trip altogether.

We are scheduled for an early April 2021 on the Magic, which is still in Europe for the foreseeable future. I wish they would just cancel already so we can jump to another cruise! And how long will they really be able to keep up with the 125% FCC? Is the next round of cancelations only going to get 100%? If we don’t get the 125%, we will take our refund and plan a different trip altogether.
We're booked for April 3rd on the Magic and I'm also really hoping that we'll be included in the next round of cancellations.

Its all on the higher-ups, and they have been doing it since the start of the pandemic. (Most notably the Alaska, Baja Mexico, and Panama Canal cruises, which couldn't possibly sail due to a. Canada closing and b. the wonder already having transited the canal).

And why they are doing it that way? My gut instincts are that its to hold on to guest money as long as possible.
That is what I think disrespectful of their guest time and Money! It is ridiculous that they would not be in constrain contact when they are holding our money. I guess they consider it their money now. After this next cruise that I have rebooked with them expecting the 125% I am thinking we may start exploring other options in cruising. Oh by the way when we rebooked with the increase for the same month and cruise in 2022 the room rate went up $500 making that 125% refund shrink to a 108% return.

As I stated earlier the 125 % only added up to 108% for the same cruise and time and room type due to DCL price increase for 2022. All they have to do to to continue offering the 125% is keep increasing future cruise prices. They win either way you can only spend the difference onboard.

If they really want to do a better job of holding onto our money they SHOULD RELEASE MORE CRUISES...at least release the rest of 2022 to give people options. I got a notice that my May 2021 Alaska cruise has moved the final payment from January to March - so the writing is on the wall. I'd love to move it now to 2022 but they won't release summer. They shouldn't hold up the rest of the fleet for the Wish.

If they really want to do a better job of holding onto our money they SHOULD RELEASE MORE CRUISES...at least release the rest of 2022 to give people options. I got a notice that my May 2021 Alaska cruise has moved the final payment from January to March - so the writing is on the wall. I'd love to move it now to 2022 but they won't release summer. They shouldn't hold up the rest of the fleet for the Wish.

Summer sailings aren’t released until February-March even in normal times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter