March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

I will be coming March 13-16 with my DH and DD. As of now we are staying at the Sheraton Park Hotel, that might change if the prices start dropping at other resorts.

I've been reading this thread, but haven't commented yet. We'll be there March 9th through the 13th staying at the Grand Californian. We've been to Disneyland one other time before, but this will be our first time at the Grand. Really looking forward to the trip, although feeling a little discouraged by the rain forecast.
You are in for a treat! GCH is phenomenal.

And as far as the rain goes... just do a little bit of prep and keep your mind open and it can be every bit as fun. Rain forecasts can sometimes keep the crowds down, which is nice. What we DON’T want is lightning within 5 miles of the park...

We are flying in on Sunday the 15th and in parks from the 16-19th. We will be staying at the Courtyard Marriot Waterpark (me, DH who hates rides and crowds but will come for shows and food, son aged 12 and daughter aged 9). My son is obsessed with Star Wars so I suspect we will be in Galaxy’s Edge a lot as I’ve been stalking the page on how to get a boarding pass. Luckily, we have lots of chances so I’m feeling confident.

I was looking at hotels for the time we are there (Mar 15-19) and it looks like everything is booked up for those days! It looks like there is supposed to be a conference at the convention centre for those dates - could that be the biggest reason or should I expect serious crowds? I know we’re into spring break season but it looked like there were openings in hotels for the days around that.

just trying to prepare myself on what to expect!

Down to just a few days. Trying to get everything ready to go but unfortunately work decided to become hectic this week so our usual prep has become more scattered. Can't wait until Saturday when we head to Blythe (we stay there the night so we can get to the resort early on Sunday) and then off for a week at DL the next day!

I was looking at hotels for the time we are there (Mar 15-19) and it looks like everything is booked up for those days! It looks like there is supposed to be a conference at the convention centre for those dates - could that be the biggest reason or should I expect serious crowds? I know we’re into spring break season but it looked like there were openings in hotels for the days around that.

just trying to prepare myself on what to expect!
We’re there the 18-21 and most places have been pretty full for a few months now. It’s spring break several places that week, and I’ve been told to expect significant crowds, but not quite peak spring break crowds.

I am keeping an eye on hotel availability to see if there are cancellations as we get closer, given how many people are finding better deals for this weekend!. Maybe we’ll be in luck too. (Sadly the bulk of our trip is in an AirBnB in San Diego, so no chance of cancelling and rebooking that for a savings...)

Just wanted to update on our hotel situation, we're staying at Hyatt House Anaheim Resort and check in tomorrow thru the 10th. I now have called 2x on seeing if I can get a lower price in the last 24 hours, both times they have knocked the price down. Just tried again and yep, now I'm down $500 from my original booking. My point is, keep checking your rates and dont be afraid to call and ask if they can lower it!

Just wanted to update on our hotel situation, we're staying at Hyatt House Anaheim Resort and check in tomorrow thru the 10th. I now have called 2x on seeing if I can get a lower price in the last 24 hours, both times they have knocked the price down. Just tried again and yep, now I'm down $500 from my original booking. My point is, keep checking your rates and dont be afraid to call and ask if they can lower it!
Would you care to share your new rate? Looking for next week but haven't seen any deals there.

Did you book direct?

Question for all the regulars. Before BGs were a thing everyone was saying get there early to maximize rides. It’s quieter in the mornings. But now it looks insane in the mornings. Is it quieter at night? We are doing MM on Tuesday of our trip. Monday we won’t get there until around 2pm. Would it be a terrible idea to sleep in weds/thurs but stay until close? If we got there at 10am?
Just went for 5 days and in our experience nights were way better. I wish I would have changed our plans and slept in and stayed late. Our early entry morning was awful. We got on one ride and went across to DCA. Definitely not worth the early alarm. Each night we got on so many rides.

I just checked onsite hotels and where they were sold out for next week they now have availability. I had 2 reservations back to back next week to stay for the week but was able to extend my original reservation at the passholder rate and cancel the 2nd. Just a few days ago I checked and wasn't able to. It does save me about $200.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter