Marie's New Years Resolution~in July

kmp1191

<font color=red>Dorfus Chickendoodle at your servi
Well, today is Tuesday, July 11th. A great day to get back on track with my eating and excersizing! So, here is my July New Years Resolutions~~

1) Drink water. Lots and lots of water. At least 60 oz a day.
2) No cokes, pepsi's, or other caffinated products.
3) Eat healthier. Salads, veggies, fruits. Lay off the sweets.
4) NO JUNK FOOD!! McDonalds, BK, Taco Hell, (not that I even like these places, it's just a quick, and easy lunch!)
5) Plan better meals for the family. Real Meals, not frozen crap...meals w/ veggies, AND MAKE THEM EAT THEM!!
6) Get entire family involved in being healthy. Exercise, eating right, no junk food!
7) 3-5 mile walks at least 4 times a week....REGARDLESS OF WHATEVER ELSE IS GOING ON!! kids will be going on bike rides, and walking the dog.
8) Work my way up to running again. Sign up for a 5K (or 2).
9) No more fads. No more thinking about Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, LA Weightloss, Hypnotizing, Ear Stapling, Diet Pills, or anything else that is supposed to work. I will make myself work for this. I will make myself lose this weight, and keep it off, ON MY OWN!
10) Discuss w/ DH about joining a gym, with real weights, aerobic classes, pool, and sauna. Obviously, I'm not disciplined enough to do it at home. I need to look into someplace the whole family can go and get something out of.
11) Journal, Journal, Journal. Keep track of what I'm eating, how much i'm working out, weight, measurements, THE WORKS. ACCOUNTABILITY ON THE WISH!!

If none of the above work, check into liposuction!!

I'm going to do this. No if's, and's, or buts about it. No Mulligans. No do overs. No taking a break because of TOM, Birthdays, Holidays, Bad Days or anything else. This is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE AND IT STARTS NOW!!!

yes, i took my pill today...i don't think it's kicked in yet.
WISH me luck...this is it. i'm in for the long haul this time!
Thanks!
Marie

Marie - good luck with your journey. It helps to have the whole family involved.

I like your resolutions. Keep a positive attitude and you will succeed. Take it one day at a time and start over as many times as necessary. You might want to start with baby steps and develop good habits in one area before proceeding.

I am at about the same place as you. I have problems with motivation and continuing on with new habits.

Have a greeat healthy day.

Yay on the new journal! Those are awesome goals, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :cheer2:

Remember if you are running short on time, Subway is an excellent choice and there are lots of healthy options there.

I love how your definition of "lots of water" is 60oz! :teeth:

You are going to do it this time, we are all here with you! I expect to see some measurements posted within the next few days. Can't wait to see those shrinking numbers!

Just saying hi on your new thread. :thumbsup2 I think maybe I will try to think up some resolutions as well!

:hippie:

Yesterday ~ (i like that little squiggle thing)

b-1 sm bowl Special K w/ Red Berries (if that's what you call those dehydrated, little red specks in there!)
l- cheeseburger on wheat - brought from home-made on the grill
d-1 piece Boboli pizza
s-8 oz chocolate milkshake..... :confused3 (where'd that come from?)
water-64 oz
exercise-3 mile power walk~didn't time it, but it was hot, and felt GREAT!

ok, so i'm not off to a great start on my resolutions, but i did stay away from the candy drawer at work!!
the milkshake was the last desert for the family. they (kids)are not happy about this healthy living kick i'm on, but they'll get over it! they are the little debbie snack food junkies of the universe!! (just ask them, they'll tell you!!)
i had a heart to heart talk w/ ds(10) last night. he has really gained alot of weight this summer. instead of losing it, he's gaining it....he's also sneaking food in his room.....eating between meals....not getting outside enough.....(god, i'm a horrible mother!!) anyway, he wants to sign up for Karate, so I told him that we would sign up when he could learn discipline...no sneaking food, exercising, the works! we'll see. he did do a 3 mile bike ride while dh and i did our walk, but it was a slow ride....then he and i did 15 situps when we got home. i told him we were going to be doing this EVERY NIGHT!!!
oh, i also have ds walk the dog (gunner) every morning. this morning he only did 1/2 a block and he was sweating!! i told him to suck it up!!

i'm gonna make some phone calls today about joining a gym. there is a YMCA that I want to check out. It's new and about 20 minutes from us....dh said it's pertty nice. (ok..that's pretty nice...forgive my southern accent!!! :rotfl2: ) i'll let you know what i find out.

later!
marie

Hi Marie,

I love your New Year's Resolutions! :thumbsup2 Those are some great goals that you have and you CAN accomplish everyone of them! ::yes::

Have a great day! :sunny:

That's great that you are checking out the YMCA. They are good for the whole family. Sorry to hear about DS's weight problems. My DS has the opposite problem - too skinny. :confused3 He definitely doesn't get THAT from me! You are doing the right thing by having him focus on getting more exercise. I think karate would be great! :thumbsup2 It teaches discipline as well, that might help him in school next year. I think the only way you can nip this problem in the booty is to get rid of all the junk food in your house. That way if he sneaks food at least it will be healthy! And yes, the kids will complain, but let them know they can still have treats every now and then like when you go out for ice cream or b-day parties, etc...

Don't worry about not getting ALL of your resolutions mastered right away. Maybe focus on a couple at a time and when those become habit, tackle a couple more. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :cheer2:

Hey Marie. Just some thoughts on joining the Y. Here they have a junior program...I dont remember what its called, anyway my son did it when he was 10 or 11, they takes the kids thru and train them on the equipment (not all of it, just certain pieces) and then once they are trained they are allowed to work out in the gym (normally , the age is 14) Anyway, they also have this great computer system hooked up to the machine that tells you your program, how many reps and what weight etc, and if you are doing it right. It logs in the system how many pounds you have lifted per week, month etc. You can also log all your cardio stuff and keep track of it, and a trainer will keep tabs on you and send you little email-type messges on the computer (the Y one that you log onto). I am quite sure none of this makes sense to you if you havent been to the Y yet, but anyway, its a very good system. Make sure you sign up for a training session tho and have them set you up on all the machines.

Ps...ref DS...probably getting ready for a growth spurt.

:hippie:

Marie, I love your new thread! What great resolutions you have made too. As determined and tenactious as you are, there is no doubt in my mind that you will suceed now that you have put your mind to it! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I also get major complaints from the kiddo's with the no junk in the house, but they do get over it! And if they are really hungry, there are healthy choices for them to eat. My problem (aside from the fact that I end up eating the junk :rotfl2: ), is that DD's are all really skinny and must have the tiniest tummies. They will fill up on junk and not be hungry for real food.

I really like your plan of having DS show some discipline and having Karate be the reward. Have fun checking out the Y too.

:goodvibes Hey there, Hi there, Ho there!! :goodvibes
We are going to check out the Y tonight! :woohoo:
I talked to my friend that lives in that area and she said it is busy....ALL THE TIME!! She wants me to check out the club that she goes too....I'll talk to dh and see what he thinks. The only thing that bothers me is that it's about 30 minutes away...with it being that far, will we use it? I know I WANT to use it, but w/ gas so high.....(hey, look....i'm making excuses and we haven't even checked it out yet!!)
ok, so yesterday was ok...
b-sm bowl cap'n crunch (my favorite)
l-salad from Olive Garden w/ 1 breadstick & swt tea
d-1 hot dog
s-none
water-32 oz :guilty: swt tea 400 gallons :rolleyes1
exercise-3 mile power walk~ (95 degrees out~heat index made it about 110!)
resisted- candy drawer, dibs, more breadsticks
goal for today - WATER WATER WATER!!

Thanks guys for sticking w/ me on my new thread...I appreciate the encouragement!!
oh, I sent sis#1 the link to my thread yesterday....maybe we can get her to join.... :teeth:

oh, one more thing....Gunner is doing great!!
Pierce118.jpg

(hangin' in the backyard w/ his buddy Xena)

have a great day all!!
marie

Is this the sister that is going to kill you because you posted her weight?!? :lmao:

Are there any gyms that are closer to you? I've read (and I firmly believe) that if the gym is too far away you will make excuses not to go. Mine is 3 miles away and I have a problem with that sometimes! :rolleyes1 But if you make it a routine (like take the kids as soon as you get home from work on MWF or something) then hopefully it will be OK. I bet you will love it, you will have to let us know!

STEP AWAY FROM THE SWEET TEA!!!!!!!!! That HAS to be bad for you! Why not get regular tea and put Splenda in it? I know it's not the same, but you will just have to get used to it. Or else. ::cop:

lovinaz said:
Is this the sister that is going to kill you because you posted her weight?!? :lmao:
yes.....and she probably wouldn't have known that if you hadn't told her!! THANKS AMY!! :rolleyes1

lovinaz said:
Are there any gyms that are closer to you? I've read (and I firmly believe) that if the gym is too far away you will make excuses not to go. Mine is 3 miles away and I have a problem with that sometimes! :rolleyes1 But if you make it a routine (like take the kids as soon as you get home from work on MWF or something) then hopefully it will be OK. I bet you will love it, you will have to let us know!
yeah....this is on my mind too.....there are 2 that are closer....i was supposed to check one of them out today on my lunch hour, but i really had a craving for Mexican food.....the Mexican food won! :blush:
i'll check on them tomorrow. i have a feeling they are gonig to be very $$$

lovinaz said:
STEP AWAY FROM THE SWEET TEA!!!!!!!!! That HAS to be bad for you! Why not get regular tea and put Splenda in it? I know it's not the same, but you will just have to get used to it. Or else. ::cop:
OMG - you know me too well!!! i haven't had ANY water today....just 2000 gallons of sweet tea!!! ~ ok....no more tea....back to the water.....starting tomorrow...I PROMISE!!!

dang...i just went back and read my post from earlier....goal for today - WATER WATER WATER!!
shot that plan to hell, didn't i??! :rolleyes1

marie

OK, Marie.....so you thought you could ditch me, huh??? :rolleyes1 NICE TRY!!!! I found ya!! :teeth:

I love your new resolutions. And I KNOW you can do this! Here is my thing......and you're not gonna like it - but I'm trying tough love......

I wanna make a bet with you. We'll come up with the details/prizes later offline - but you need to get away from the sweet tea. I challenge you to 30 days without sweet tea!!! Think you can do it?? Huh, huh?? :confused3 How much is it worth to ya?? Huh, huh?? :confused3 You let me know. You switch to water & crystal light or green tea (unsweetened or with splenda) and just SEE how those pounds come off! I know what you're thinking....DARN, should've blocked kimwim8!!! :badpc:

I'm also sending you a PM about some other stuff, but I wanted this challenge to be a public one!!! YOU IN?!?!?!?

Have a nice day!! :stir:

kimwim8 said:
OK, Marie.....so you thought you could ditch me, huh??? :rolleyes1 NICE TRY!!!! I found ya!! :teeth:

I love your new resolutions. And I KNOW you can do this! Here is my thing......and you're not gonna like it - but I'm trying tough love......

I wanna make a bet with you. We'll come up with the details/prizes later offline - but you need to get away from the sweet tea. I challenge you to 30 days without sweet tea!!! Think you can do it?? Huh, huh?? :confused3 How much is it worth to ya?? Huh, huh?? :confused3 You let me know. You switch to water & crystal light or green tea (unsweetened or with splenda) and just SEE how those pounds come off! I know what you're thinking....DARN, should've blocked kimwim8!!! :badpc:

I'm also sending you a PM about some other stuff, but I wanted this challenge to be a public one!!! YOU IN?!?!?!?

Have a nice day!! :stir:

YOU ARE EVIL!!! :darth: :maleficen
30 DAYS!!! ARE U FRIGGIN NUTS?!! DOUBLE MY MEDS!! NO SWEET TEA?? I'VE ALREADY DONE AWAY W/ THE COKES!! HELL, YOU WANT ME TO STOP BREATHING NEXT??!! :scared1:
omg....man.....30 days....no sweet tea.....none.....wow......that's a tough one.....i'll get back to you......eventually..... :rolleyes1

Hey, Hey, Hey! What's up with that! :teleport: I'm gone for like a week and you go and move on me! Well, you can't get rid of me that easy! :thumbsup2

I promise to get all caught up over the weekend. I just wanted to let you know that I found you! :tongue:

See ya later!

Foxfiregrrl said:
Hey, Hey, Hey! What's up with that! :teleport: I'm gone for like a week and you go and move on me! Well, you can't get rid of me that easy! :thumbsup2

I promise to get all caught up over the weekend. I just wanted to let you know that I found you! :tongue:

See ya later!

Hey Amber....glad ya found me!!
Man, did you see what Kim is trying to do to me?? That's just not right!!
No sweet tea for 30 days!! i'm still sorting it out my head....drinking a beer and sorting out the NO SWEET TEA issues.....
ok....might have to sleep on this on....or have another beer!!

so today is done and tomorrow is FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY!!! :woohoo: :banana: :dance3:
b-none...until they went to mcd's and got me a sausage mcgriddle
l-mexican~taco,burito,rice.....bloated, gassy,miserable!
d-none - still dealing w/ the lunch!
s-1 Michelob Golden Draft Light...... :teeth:
water-none
sweet tea-45 gallons :rolleyes1
exercise-walked 3 blocks to get dd from a b-day party....then walked 3 blocks back home.
resisted-candy drawer (probably no candy in the darn thing anyway!)
goals achieved-NONE (no, i don't want to talk about it!)

haven't talked to sis#1 to see if she's checked us out yet....if she does, ya'll had better be on your best behavior!!

(not gonna finish this beer either....would rather have a SWEET FRIGGIN TEA!!) :furious:

marie

Do you make the sweet tea or is it bottled? I am assuming you wont drink spenda stuff and just like the sugar. Heres a trick to look at tho, just check the suger grams in one glass (can , bottle what ever) Compare it to the sugar grams in something you really really like (whoppers?) Compare how many treats= per glass sweet tea. You can do a reward and switch system, treats for tea (always less sugar in the trade of course) until youve weaned yourself off the "stuff"

lindalinda said:
Do you make the sweet tea or is it bottled? I am assuming you wont drink spenda stuff and just like the sugar. Heres a trick to look at tho, just check the suger grams in one glass (can , bottle what ever) Compare it to the sugar grams in something you really really like (whoppers?) Compare how many treats= per glass sweet tea. You can do a reward and switch system, treats for tea (always less sugar in the trade of course) until youve weaned yourself off the "stuff"

if we make it ourself, it's decaffinated....but most of the time it's from a resturant.....loaded w/ sugar!! :thumbsup2
ok...i see what you're talking about, but i've already cut out the Whoppers, (chocolate, & otherwise :teeth: ) the only thing i had left was my sweet tea...breathing, and sweet tea!!!
heck, she could have said no sex for 30 days and i would have been...ok...i can do that...(don't tell DH - LOL - joking!!) but man....my tea.....
really gonna have to work on this one.....

see ya in the morning.....
marie

Looks like its cold turkey time then! Try the Lipton green tea with citrus (diet). Its really good , even my boy drinks it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter