• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marine mammal keeper review

Thanks so much for posting this review Jamie! I love the pictures!!

Do you have any idea if they will take a lot of pictures like that for the individual experiences? I'm really interested in the beluga whale one!

Thanks so much for this, I really enjoyed reading it. :)

I know beluga's are small for whales, but these looked really tiny - is that because their heads are smallish compared to their bodies, and I couldn't see the rest of it, or were they small even for belugas?

what did you wear on your feet, they say to wear aquasox shoes, if you did, where do you buy them from? any help thanks

They have those shoes in all sizes there and they'll give it to you with your wetsuit. The rest of the day just wear shoes that can get wet and dirty, but you feel comfortable in!

Wow what an informative and engaging post, this is my first day back to the DIS boards and looking for information on Discovery Cove but read your post for the fun of it. :) My luck it seems you have done all the Dolphin type things in Orlando diswedwish (Jamie) so if you don't mind I'd like to know your opinion.

Wife and I, plus the two kids boy 8, girl 11 were considering Discovery Cove at the end of May, possibly all of us doing the expensive touch the dolphins package, but you mention the Disney dolphin thing (which I did not know about). Would you give me your opinion on which one was "better" or why one might be better than the other for first timers?

To answer your questions-
As posted, you get the booties. I wore sneakers the rest of the day. I asked about my crocs - they're not allowed.

The belugas are full grown. Their body is longer than a dolphin's and bigger, but it's hard to see in the pics. And yes, I'm sure they take pics of the BIP. It's $40 for the cd - not bad compared to Disney prices!

As far as dolphin experiences go... IMO Disney's is the best, but you don't get the swim or the pics. Discovery Cove is a must do though!!! My mom and I would go back, just without the dolphin part. Not that it's bad at all, but it's $$$ and we could spend all day in the other parts. It depends on what you're looking for. I certainly don't regret doing any of them; they're all great:)

Sorry, I know that may not be helpful. Lol!

I guess if I had to choose for the first time it would be Discovery Cove.

HTH!!

The belugas are full grown. Their body is longer than a dolphin's and bigger, but it's hard to see in the pics. And yes, I'm sure they take pics of the BIP. It's $40 for the cd - not bad compared to Disney prices!

That definitely helps, thank you!

I think that's why I was curious if they took pictures--they don't offer this at WDW and that's what I'm used to. Great to hear from around here that they do it anyway. $40 doesn't seem like a bad deal, especially if they take a lot of them. I would pay for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter