Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

I LOOOOVE Mrs. Maisel. Great Jewish humor. I imagine that my grandma was a lot like her in the 50s and 60s. Super fashionable and absolutely hilarious.

In fact, the hotel in Miami in season 3 (the Fontainebleau) is where my grandparents honeymooned in 1959!

I absolutely LOVE this show; I've never heard anybody who has watched it say they didn't. The writing is incredible; both the story lines and dialogue, and the casting and performances are sublime. For all you This is Us fans, just try not despising Randall Pierson a little after you see what Reggie does to Midge Maisel. ;)

Some of my absolutely favourite episodes were when they went on vacation to Steiner's camp resort. :rotfl2:Oh, my sides...

I really loved this show in season 1, liked season 2, but season 3 was definitely going downhill for me. Hoping it picks back up in season 4, but I don’t have high hopes.

We watched all three seasons this year. Enjoyed the first season, second one not as funny and the third season was depressing and stupid. I just couldn't believe she didn't understand about gay entertainers, she's not that naive.

We watched all three seasons this year. Enjoyed the first season, second one not as funny and the third season was depressing and stupid. I just couldn't believe she didn't understand about gay entertainers, she's not that naive.
That part didn’t bother me, this was the 50s/60s. I just found the jokes to fall flat, the acting wasn’t as crisp, and the story’s weren’t as good as the first season.

didin't read any posts in case4 there were spoilers. Daughter and I have watched religiously for years. Have not got chance to watch last episode but plan to tomorrow or tuesday night. Our favorite show without a doubt.

didin't read any posts in case4 there were spoilers. Daughter and I have watched religiously for years. Have not got chance to watch last episode but plan to tomorrow or tuesday night. Our favorite show without a doubt.
Favorite might be a stretch but we have loved it. And will always have very fond memories of the 2nd season episodes with the family summering at Steiner's in the Catskills. Some of the most hilarious TV we've seen in many years. :rotfl2:

We are huge fans of the show. I didn't love the final scene at first, but the longer I've had to think about it, the more perfection I see in the ending. The scene prior to that and the whole build up was pure magic. No spoilers, but it all makes so much sense. Even the scenery in the ending credits was a great reminder of so many things I'd forgotten. I've started rewatching it TWICE. Once is just for me while the other is with my older daughter, who is finally old enough to really appreciate this show. I haven't tried watching with the subtitles, but I might have to add that in!

I've also realized that part of my attachment and great fondness for the series is my family/upbringing. The Weissman's and Maisel's have a number doppelgangers in my family...especially Shirley! It's not just the appearances, but the personalities as well. All of the broken Yiddish and Hebrew reminded me of so many dear relatives who have since passed that tried to drill those words and phrases into my brain. While most of my family didn't have access to Midge's top notch level designers, there were pictures of family in amazing attire and closets full of clothing which held fabulous outfits, shoes, hats, and bags reminiscent of her looks. From Yom Kippur to the Catskills, it was all just like a friendly nod to so many things in my past. While I'm a generation or so later, even I grew up with several trips to the Catskills. I think I was 10 the first time I sat in the main room and got to watch the comedians with acts suitable for the earlier shows. We were more of a Nevele family, but the towels and souvenirs noting The Concord, Kutsher's, and Grossinger's tells me that they tried other Borscht Belt favorites. I'm definitely going to miss this one, but how amazing it was to have it for these years.

I've really enjoyed the show but am behind for the last season. I'll miss it once it is gone, I enjoy sassy female characters & wonder why :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter