Masks Optional Starting June 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugh! I am so jealous! Our last park day was yesterday and we have been miserable in the heat with the masks. My poor niece has the worst acne breakout due to all the sweat that collected.

No one is forced to go to WDW. No one is forced to take off their mask if they feel uncomfortable. Reading on the Universal forums, it seems they are not really "policing" children's mask wearing there. Interested to see what Disney does, but I imagine it to be close, and they won't say much. But who knows? Things seem to be moving very fast in the directions of the "old normal" , and I'm OK with that. Fully vaccinated and tired of acting like I'm not protected. That's what I got vaccinated for-and BTW I have allergies and cough lots when I am outdoor!

DISboards policy on COVID related discussion:

From this point on, we will welcome information on COVID policies RELATED TO TRAVEL. Things like the vaccination policies issued by venues or destinations, the cleaning or distancing procedures in use, practical tips for travelers or things they might need to know that are different from location to location are all valid topics. Any official policies issued by Disney, other travel destinations, cruise lines, airlines, etc. regarding requirements for visiting parks or cruising can be shared. This information needs to be on-topic for the specific forum and thread where posted.

We will NOT welcome debate or opinion about medical, scientific, or political aspects of the pandemic. There are a few often repeated trigger items that won’t be allowed: No statistics about infection rates, no ranting about individual rights, no “face-diaper” comments, no debate about whether vaccinations or masking are effective, no discussions about which governor or politician or news personality did or said what.

In summary: COVID related discussion should be limited to actual policy and practical application, and NOT veer into opinion or debate.

We understand that you may be passionate in your opinions on this topic and want to discuss or debate them, and appreciate your understanding that there are more appropriate places than the DISboards to do that.

OK, so I went from my 30 day DVC cancellation deadline with full mask policy, they announce the now expiring items while I'm stuck in holding, and now less than 48 hours before we leave they change it again. When things were "opening up" you had a) a solid notice as to what the experience would be, and b) extreme flexibility if you're uncomfortable with it. Now within the past 25 days we've now had 3 different policies, and no flexibility to opt out without losing your shirt.

OK, so I went from my 30 day DVC cancellation deadline with full mask policy, they announce the now expiring items while I'm stuck in holding, and now less than 48 hours before we leave they change it again. When things were "opening up" you had a) a solid notice as to what the experience would be, and b) extreme flexibility if you're uncomfortable with it. Now within the past 25 days we've now had 3 different policies, and no flexibility to opt out without losing your shirt.

DVC will most likely return your points to their original use year if you explain you simply don’t feel safe. Reports are they have been very flexible in these situations.

DVC will most likely return your points to their original use year if you explain you simply don’t feel safe. Reports are they have been very flexible in these situations.
Yeah that's part of it, we burned our one time free airline credit move booking the flights for this one from an early COVID planned trip that got cancelled, and had to pay more on top because of supply / demand. We have our APs back (just not activated until park day one) so at least that can slide and not a loss. Gotta figure out when the Mrs. is done with her 13 hour shift giving vaccine shots on top of her regular duties to see what we're going to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter