Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

Hi! We are in Southeastern MA but grew up in RI so I'm always conflicted to say where we are from lol. Anyhow, we are owners at the Poly since 2016 and love our home resort for the restaurants and location. We were a family of two when we bought in but now we have a LO so we envision grandparents joining us at times so now we are looking to buy a second contract at BLT for larger accommodations.

We are from Western MA, bought 210 BWV points back in 1999 on a great buy back deal that was going on at the time. Have loved DVC and have been using the points since then. Would love to buy more points but don’t love how expensive they are now. We almost always stay in a studio at BWV or OKW to stretch our points but love to stay at VGC best, when we can get in at 7 months.

Welcome, Shelly S! I hear ya RE: wanting to buy more points but not loving the cost. My first two contracts were purchased directly from DVC; the next two were resale. Although I regularly monitor the resale offerings, I am often shocked at the selling prices especially when the contracts are stripped (no points available in either the current use year or the following year but you can borrow from the next year! Crazy!)

Hello from central MA! We have been DVC since 2002. Our home resort is BCV. We own 150 points and have been able to make them work for our family of 5. Our 2 oldest kids were doing the Disney College Program this spring. They both started in January and were supposed to be there through July. My youngest son and I visited them over February school vacation week and had reservations for April school vacation week and for July, which was when we would have been bringing them home. They were informed on March 14 that their program was being suspended and they had to be out of their apartments by the 18th. My husband and I flew down, packed them up and brought them home. A crazy, stressful couple of days. They were both sad and disappointed to have their programs end so quickly but glad to be home with everything that has happened since then. Both hope to return to Disney again, possibly in another college program, maybe doing a Professional Internship or just as guests. We shall see! ❤💛🖤

Hi fellow central Massachusetts person! I'm from all around Worcester, most recently spent 17 years in Paxton. I'm also a WPI graduate. Did you know that Massachusetts is one of the few states with both a February and an April school vacation week? It was a real shock to our kids when we moved to Texas and they discovered that they only had one week of Spring vacation, in March. Besides that, they had to go back to school in Mid-August. Made for a short summer vacation-get out in Massachusetts in June, go back in Texas in August. But we had to have that April week off for the Patriots Day Boston Marathon!

Hi there. So glad I found this forum. I'm originally from MA (Norfolk County) but currently live in NJ....I know, I know. Being surrounded by Giants, Jets, and Yankees fans can be painful at times, but I'll always be a die-hard Boston fan. Can I just say I'm still in shock about TB going to TB....literally never thought I'd see the day he'd leave. Anyway, right...this is a DVC forum. So, I own at VGF and AKV. Was literally supposed to be there now with the kids, but here I am marooned in my house homeschooling, working from home, living the dream lol! Needless to say, I've booked a quick trip in late September with my sister...we're looking at it as our let's be kids and attempt to regain some level of mental sanity after all of this craziness. Anyway, hope everyone is staying healthy and safe!

Welcome, MM0422! I hear ya about TB; I mentioned previously that I am not particularly interested in sports but some people in my family are season ticket holders (20+ yrs w/the Pats) and, generally, I keep up with sports news via TV and newspapers reports. Anyway, I specifically recall TB saying that he wanted to finish his career with NE so I think lots of folks were shocked to learn that wasn't going to happen. Anyway, back to DVC talk. Wicked glad to hear that you'll be back at WDW in Sept. with your sister. While I love going with my kids and grandkids, I don't necessarily like the limitations on our travel dates because of school requirements. I thoroughly enjoy my trips with other grownups and fewer points are needed usually for reservations when schools are in session.

I just remembered-WDW/Patriots related. One day (a Monday) I was in AK and encountered a woman wearing an "I'm celebrating" button. To be nice, I said "Congratulations-what are you celebrating?" Her reply-"The Patriots win yesterday!" I think she said that made them AFC Champions. Yes, her husband (clearly not a Massachusetts native!) rolled his eyes as she said it.

Hi! Glad there is a group for MA! We moved here from the South just over a year ago. We bought at OKW in 1994, then added on at Wilderness in 2012 and again in 2019. Hoping we can take the vacations we have scheduled for August and December.

We are headed to VGF in November as well, been members since 2016. The Villas are awesome, can't wait for the bridge to be completed so that we can walk to MK.

We were really hoping the bridge would be ready by November. Probably wishful thinking now, but fingers crossed!

We were really hoping the bridge would be ready by November. Probably wishful thinking now, but fingers crossed!
They still need to build one over the canal next to the resort, but they already have the foundation poured, so I think there is a good chance it will get done by November.

@Matty B13 I really hope so! We have two little ones in a double stroller and would much prefer walking over taking the boat or monorail at the end of the night!

Super excited for this group. We are from the North Shore and bought resale in 2015, the VWL now BRV. We had an April vacation trip planned and rescheduled for end of August. Praying to be able to go, We were so looking forward to our trip and the uncertainty of the world right now makes me hesitant to get too excited. Praying everybody stays home so we can get this under control.

Also from southeastern MA. We bought resale points at SSR in 2014 before most of the restrictions. We are looking forward to our august trip.
When are you going in August? We are going the 19th-26th. Praying the world is in a better place by then

When are you going in August? We are going the 19th-26th. Praying the world is in a better place by then
Very similar dates. 16-26. I am starting to feel better about some normalcy by then after today's news of FL peaking mid-April and not mid-may. I'm actually praying we don't have EEE to also worry about over the summer here in MA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter