Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

Leaving tomorrow!!! Hoping no issues with the flight- flying Southwest out of PVD. 2 nights at Dolphin and then moving to the Boardwalk. Can't wait!

Have a great va-cay! Fingers crossed that your flight does just what it should do: transports you safely without any incidents, no delays, on-time arrival.

Hi everyone!! We are looking to drive down for the first time. Anyone have any tips on the best time/day to leave Mass?

Ez passes work from MA to FL. We drive down to WDW usually 2 times a year. We live in the western part of the state. We usually leave on Saturday morning around 3:00-4:00 in the morning and stop in Palm Coast FL we normally get down there around 9:30-10:00 PM on Saturday. We have stopped in NC a few times, I think it was near Wilson NC. I can ask my DW exactly where we have stayed.
That is really good time. What day do you drive home on?

Hi everyone! I tried to do a search on this, but didn't see anything, so I apologize if I just messed up how to search!!

We will be driving for the first time from MA to Disney in July. Our son is doing the College Program, and provided he gets a parking pass, we'll be driving his car down.

I am basically looking for suggestions on how people manage the drive. We are thinking we'd need two overnights along the way. We'd leave on a Thursday, hoping to arrive early in the day on Saturday. What time would yo suggest leaving on a weekday? Any recommended rest stops along the way? Hotel recommendations?

I have watched this board since it started but don't think I've contributed before. We've been DVC since 2008, our homes are SSR, AKV, BLT, BWV....and as of today, VGF! It has been quite the week at our house haha!!!
How did you end up doing?

Ez passes work from MA to FL. We drive down to WDW usually 2 times a year. We live in the western part of the state. We usually leave on Saturday morning around 3:00-4:00 in the morning and stop in Palm Coast FL we normally get down there around 9:30-10:00 PM on Saturday. We have stopped in NC a few times, I think it was near Wilson NC. I can ask my DW exactly where we have stayed.
Where do you stay in Palm Coast?

How did you end up doing?
The drive down was fine. We left here at 6am, avoided 95 until VA, and stopped in Roanoke Rapids SC for the first night. No bad traffic or anything, just not a lot of places to stop along the way. I will say the further south you go the easier the drive becomes. Living just north of Boston, this was SO different to the driving conditions we are used to LOL!! People stay in their lanes, don't cut you off, etc.! It's crazy! Day two we stopped at Buccee's in Florence SC which was well worth it. Drive was super easy until getting through Orlando which was no fun, but we were on Disney property by 5pm so all was good.

Hi everyone!! We are looking to drive down for the first time. Anyone have any tips on the best time/day to leave Mass?
You may want to time your leaving so that you don't hit rush hour in NYC or Washington. That's assuming you are taking I-95 the whole way of course.

Greetings!

I thought I’d create a MA DVC members board since it seems like there are many of us here in the Dis forums. It might be fun and informative to have our own little space to chat about upcoming trips and everything DVC,

Looking forward to "meeting you" and chatting with everyone.

WELCOME HOME!
Yes! I am also from Massachusetts. We own at the Polynesian and BWV. Looking forward to our next trip in October!

We recently spent a week back in Central Massachusetts, dealing with family issues. Had the best pizza ever, the best weather ever, and toured the nicest assisted living facility in Auburn. Maybe You’ll see me there in a few years!

We recently spent a week back in Central Massachusetts, dealing with family issues. Had the best pizza ever, the best weather ever, and toured the nicest assisted living facility in Auburn. Maybe You’ll see me there in a few years!
wish we had a MASS group that met up in real life! Glad you enjoyed your time here! We are about 40 min from Auburn. Taking my mom tomorrow to Umass Worc medical. Been a wicked muggy summer here!

Greetings to All! It certainly has been awhile between posts in this sub-group. I have been spending a great deal of my time traveling (including several WDW trips). Yesterday, I returned from 24 day cruise (Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Iceland, Greenland). Frankly, I've been cruising 2-3x annually although not on DCL. Since I'm traveling with my husband without kids and/or grandkids, it's much more cost effective to sail other lines regularly check DCL pricing looking for something relatively reasonable (within my budget) because grandkids would like to go. Unfortunately, I haven't come across anything that doesn't interfere with school schedules. I'll keep looking though.

wish we had a MASS group that met up in real life! Glad you enjoyed your time here! We are about 40 min from Auburn. Taking my mom tomorrow to Umass Worc medical. Been a wicked muggy summer here!
Hope things went well at UMass Med. We moved from that area in the early 90s. Have gotten back several times in the last 10 years. Boy, is UMass different, starting with a parking garage now. They used to have a big helicopter pad there, I think. Also saw "the hospital formerly known as Memorial". Both my kids were born there-now, I barely recognize the place! Same with recognizing St Vincents. And Holden Hospital isn't even a regular hospital. Nor is Hahneman, or is that the "hospital formerly known as Hahneman"? Whatever Umass Med is these days, it's still an excellent hospital from what I understand, so I hope your Mom got good care.

Hope things went well at UMass Med. We moved from that area in the early 90s. Have gotten back several times in the last 10 years. Boy, is UMass different, starting with a parking garage now. They used to have a big helicopter pad there, I think. Also saw "the hospital formerly known as Memorial". Both my kids were born there-now, I barely recognize the place! Same with recognizing St Vincents. And Holden Hospital isn't even a regular hospital. Nor is Hahneman, or is that the "hospital formerly known as Hahneman"? Whatever Umass Med is these days, it's still an excellent hospital from what I understand, so I hope your Mom got good care.
thank you!!! been a process for sure. we live in western ma and have good drs here too but she needed the help from Worcester! Traffic on the pike is terrifying , I can remember when I was a teen getting from Boston to Ludlow in 50-60 min tops😂 now its horrible and takes forever to get anywhere. Hope all my MA disfriends have a nice labor day weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter