MAW Trip of a Lifetime....1st time to WDW! -Beach Update!

My son Kaleb received his new kidney last Tuesday. He's up an running around like nothing ever happened. He told the Dr. that he was going to GKTW and DW and was going to tell Mickey Mouse how he got a new kidney. Needless to say he could probably go run around DW right now but this surgery on my end has left me less energizer bunny and more turtle!LOL! So hopefully, we can start planning our DW trip. I think we are going to try for the April date even though it's busy, since the other two have their birthdays at that time and it would make it extra special for all of them. God Bless!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

My son Kaleb received his new kidney last Tuesday. He's up an running around like nothing ever happened. He told the Dr. that he was going to GKTW and DW and was going to tell Mickey Mouse how he got a new kidney. Needless to say he could probably go run around DW right now but this surgery on my end has left me less energizer bunny and more turtle!LOL! So hopefully, we can start planning our DW trip. I think we are going to try for the April date even though it's busy, since the other two have their birthdays at that time and it would make it extra special for all of them. God Bless!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Go Kaleb Go Kaleb!!!! When will you know your dates!! This is such exciting news!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We don't have any dates yet, it'll be a little bit before we will know, but I'm waiting.....!:rolleyes1

So great to hear that Kaleb is doing well after his kidney transplant! I love the quilts those. What a wonderful thing they did for you both!

:banana::banana:
Well we finaly got our new dates! We decided to go with the busy Easter season, and will fly to Florida on April 18th ( my DD's 5th birthday) and fly home April 24th, (Easter and my DH's birthday!) We are loaded with April birthdays....my oldest son's is April 16 so we'll be doing a lot of celebrating in Florida.
I haven't been on too much because about two weks after the transplant, I overdid myself and got sick from anemia. But now I'm on the up and hopefully I can keep up with my wish kid Kaleb... he's done so well with this transplant, it's hard to believe he had a major surgery last month.... Children are resilient even in the face of tons of meds, blood draws and tubes, I am thankful to God for His care. I look forward to posting more and following your PTR's and TR's.....
Oh and I did gt a CRT adr, so that'll be fun. Thanks.
:dance3:

Hi Friends, TIngs are going well with Kaleb and his transplant. The only problems we are facing are water retention and low magnesium. It seems that nothing is working on that one. I hope that We'll get it corrected. I wanted to share some Christmas pictures that I took of the kids and a photo of our whole family.

Here is our wish kid Kaleb.....

IMG_1632_web.jpg

Here is our oldest...Nathan..

IMG_1624_Web.jpg

Here is our youngest Zoe....

IMG_1612_Web.jpg

Here they all are...barely!

IMG_1622_web.jpg

And here is our whole famly a couple days before the transplant!

IMG_0377_pp_web.jpg

Also, I made reservations for CRT at 8:20 am... the park opens at 8 that day... does anyone know if 20 min is enough to get there or would they let us in a little early?

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!Take care and God Bless.

Great family pictures. I am so glad Kaleb continues to do well after his transplant.

I am not positive but I have been told if you have an early ish reservation in the parks you can enter early to get to the restaurant on time. We have never been however so I am sure someone with experience will let you know for sure.

Happy Holidays!

I just found out that my friend will be joining us for a day at DW....It's a long trip for a short visit, but it'll be great. Any suggestions for making the most of it? I was planning AK and Epcot that Tuesday and Wed MK and CRT, which she'll be joining us at before she leaves. She was going to meet us on our ealier planned trip and wound up going without us! :banana::banana:

Just stumbled onto your TR. I'm so glad things went well with your son's transplant and now the planning can begin for the wish trip. You shoulden't have anyproblem getting into the park a little early for your CRT reservation and a nearly empty Main St. will make for great pictures. People make early res's at MK all the time for that reason alone.

Wonderful Christmas pictures!!!! Very nice!!! So glad to hear that Kaleb is doing so well. :)

You will need to shoot to be in the MK parking lot for 7:30. That will give you time to get over to the MK and take a few minutes to soak up an empty Main St.

Once you get through the bag checks, there will be a separate entrance for people that have ADRs. Usually it is all the way to the right. :goodvibes

Thank you all.... I am going to shoot to be at the gates by 7:45 , so I probably need to be in the parking lot at ? I don't know how long it'll take to get there so everybody's going to have to be up early!...the park opens at 8 am that morning and I want to get in for the ADR as soon as they'll let me. I hope we can get in a few minutes before and go in with it more empty. It's going to be a busy day for the park! And getting the photo ops early were my motivation for an early morning....
Now the biggest challenge will be getting everyone up and going early enough to get there!
I did make an evening ADR for Crystal palace since Winnie the Pooh is a favorite character. I'm not sure if we'll keep it, it depends on how much MAW gives us. But I wanted to make sure I got all three kids a character meal with their faves... These are the only ADR's we'll be making. The rest will be counter service. Are there any corndog vendors in the parks? I love the one at Disneyland.....

Thank you all.... I am going to shoot to be at the gates by 7:45 , so I probably need to be in the parking lot at ? I don't know how long it'll take to get there so everybody's going to have to be up early!...the park opens at 8 am that morning and I want to get in for the ADR as soon as they'll let me. I hope we can get in a few minutes before and go in with it more empty. It's going to be a busy day for the park! And getting the photo ops early were my motivation for an early morning....
Now the biggest challenge will be getting everyone up and going early enough to get there!
You need to be in the MK parking lot by 7:15 if you want to be at the gates by 7:45. I didn't realize the park opened at 8 that day. Once you go through the gate to the parking lot, you will park, take a tram to the TTC, then have to either board the monorail or boat for your ride over to MK. Once at MK there is a bag check then the turnstiles.

I did make an evening ADR for Crystal palace since Winnie the Pooh is a favorite character. I'm not sure if we'll keep it, it depends on how much MAW gives us. But I wanted to make sure I got all three kids a character meal with their faves... These are the only ADR's we'll be making. The rest will be counter service. Are there any corndog vendors in the parks? I love the one at Disneyland.....
CP is such a fun meal and the food is good too! I think you guys will have a blast there!

Casey's is at the end of Main St. right next to Crystal Palace.... some people claim they have the best corn dog nuggets around. I have seen carts throughout the park (one in particular is in FrontierLand across from the Country Bears jamboree) that do sell corn dogs. I can't vouch for any of them though-- I've never eaten a corn dog in my life. :lmao::lmao:

Which do you think is better.. the boat or monorail.. I think my kids would love both. I've been on the monorail at DL so it's not a big thing for me....
Never had a corn dog? That's okay! I love hand fresh ones...especially dipped right there...
They still have Country Bear Jamboree...? I was disappointed they removed it at DL but I understood the reasons... I'll make sure I take my kids to it!
In regards to getting to DW early for the CRT ADR I guess we'll have to leave GKTW by about 6-6:15 am.... maybe plan earlier since we always seem to get out later:) I hate being late! I think that it will be the earliest day... otherwise we might need a vacation from the vacation!
Thanks for the info!

Your family is very beautiful! I love the pics!
Glad everything went well with the transplant....it's amazing how well kids bounce back from things whereas us adults......um not so much. lol

April 18 is my son's b-day! He will be 11.

Can't wait for your trip!!

I'm a little new around here, but I just finished reading your PTR. Your kids are adorable! My son hasn't even been approved for his MAW trip, but I am pretty positive it will happen, just waiting... until then, I read about everyone else's plans and trips :laughing: I am really hoping to go in early march or early April. I was at MK last year the weekend after Easter and it was the most miserably crowded place I'd ever been to! It didn't help that it was spring break too though. Hopefully your trip will not be like that though. I can't wait to read more of your plans :)

subbing popcorn:: I am so glad the surgeries went so well. I hope your family has a wonderful trip.:goodvibes

Sorry, I didn't see this post....

Which do you think is better.. the boat or monorail.. I think my kids would love both. I've been on the monorail at DL so it's not a big thing for me....
It doesn't really matter but I feel like the monorail is faster. If you can't decide then take one one way and the other back to the parking lot. :goodvibes

Never had a corn dog? That's okay! I love hand fresh ones...especially dipped right there...
I'm not the biggest hot dog lover... maybe someday I'll have one!

They still have Country Bear Jamboree...? I was disappointed they removed it at DL but I understood the reasons... I'll make sure I take my kids to it!
The country bears are still there in Frontierland.

In regards to getting to DW early for the CRT ADR I guess we'll have to leave GKTW by about 6-6:15 am.... maybe plan earlier since we always seem to get out later:) I hate being late! I think that it will be the earliest day... otherwise we might need a vacation from the vacation!
Thanks for the info!
I think you need to leave GKTW by 6:30... I don't think you need to leave at 6... but that's just my opinion. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter