MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Good question. Being able to book from outside the parks is surprising.

If you can book from outside the parks, that could prove problematic as this moves forward. At the very least I hope the ticket has to have been scanned for entry before it can be booked on that day.

GPS would be one way. Like even the Mousewait app checks your GPS location when you try to submit wait times for a certain ride. If DL/DCA ever get half decent wifi, like a full outdoor mesh, then they could get really accurate.

GPS would be one way. Like even the Mousewait app checks your GPS location when you try to submit wait times for a certain ride. If DL/DCA ever get half decent wifi, like a full outdoor mesh, then they could get really accurate.
Of course, you could just turn off location services on your phone to get around that.

First of all, my apologies for not reading the entire thread! I tried searching and could not find the info I was looking for.

I purchased a Disneyland package at GCH with park tickets before the MaxPass option was available. And I noticed now that it is possible to purchase park tickets with a pre-paid MaxPass for each day of the ticket. Does anyone know of it is possible to upgrade my tickets? I tried calling Disneyland reservation and the person said that MaxPass was only available in the parks after the day of entry. I guess I don't understand why I cannot upgrade or exchange my ticket if it is an option for newly purchased tickets. Any help/guidance/links to information are appreciated.

Many Thanks!!!

How were you able to book three FP's while in your room? I thought you could only hold 1 at a time? Or 1 every two hours?

This is correct. It is the same time. No separate pools. This was confirmed in two of the testing vloggers videos I watched. It was just speculation from a CM that there would be two pools. We know how well informed CM are...

There is a slight delay when you compare the app to the machines. Most noticeable on the popular rides, especially if the FPs are sold out at the machines. The MP via the app may still be available.

OP here! To answer a few people's questions - we were staying off-site at the Holiday Inn Express on Manchester, about a 10 minute walk from the parks. We could book from our room no problem. We had 3 day parkhoppers. We were able to book in either park once we had entered DL. So we did the morning at DL, booked a Grisly River Rapids fastpass around noon, headed to lunch at Earl of Sandwich, then into DCA.

Overall, MP worked great for us. As WDW regulars, it gave us a system very similar to what we're used to with FP+, but without the annoying requirement of deciding our plans 60 days out. So it was the best of both worlds - legacy FP and some FP+ perks!

It is included. There may be issues getting it loaded into the app correctly though! I'm still trying to get it worked out with Disney IT!

I had an issue when I first purchased my Premier pass in June (purchased at DL) and the pass barcode wouldn't show up in the DL app. I had to call Disney IT and they said that was because it wasn't a CA Domestic pass and it wouldn't work with the DL app. They hoped that the issue was going to be part of the MaxPass app changes. I noticed that my pass showed up with the latest update to the DL app. I would like to hear how this turns out for you.

You can upgrade your ticket, you just can't do it until you've entered the park each day. It doesn't look like you can add it in advance for already-purchased or third-party tickets. If you have the tickets already, though, you can load them into the app, ready to upgrade once you're through the turnstiles.

You can upgrade your ticket, you just can't do it until you've entered the park each day. It doesn't look like you can add it in advance for already-purchased or third-party tickets. If you have the tickets already, though, you can load them into the app, ready to upgrade once you're through the turnstiles.

Thank you! I was just hoping to upgrade so I didn't have to purchase it each day.. As soon as I enter the park, I'm raring to go and I was hoping to skip a step. :mickeyjum

Thank you! I was just hoping to upgrade so I didn't have to purchase it each day.. As soon as I enter the park, I'm raring to go and I was hoping to skip a step. :mickeyjum
From the videos I've seen, it seems like a fairly simple process. You'll have to do it each day, but it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

It is included. There may be issues getting it loaded into the app correctly though! I'm still trying to get it worked out with Disney IT!
My Premier pass would not scan into the the Disneyland app, when I tried last week. Attempted again on Tuesday (July 18), and both mine and DW passes scanned in. We were able to pull passes with the app, once we our passes were scanned entering the park (on July 19).

We used it today. One of us could use the app, the other could not (even after shutting down and reopening many times). That is fine, just uploaded on to the one phone. Wifi just blows in the parks. When it does work, it wouldn't load the app, so you have to turn the wifi off to get the app to work. Ugh. Other than that, it was pretty cool. Even though it said you couldn't get another fastpass until a certain time, as soon as you scanned your phone for a ride, you could get another fastpass in most cases (unless you already had another). Even between the first and second scan. We held 2-3 at most times.

We could also get paper FPs and they were automatically connected. Very cool.

When I got home, I checked and was still able to get Fastpasses!
It more crowded than it has been it the last month in the parks today. Guardians was in the 9pm range at 10 or so!!

Just watched this video of someone testing Maxpass this week, and it does appear she was able to get paper FPs while on MaxPass. The system even recognized that she had used her ticket to pull a paper FP and added to her online account:

Thanks so much for this-- makes it much clearer!

Anyone know if the wi-fi is working well in the parks or does one have to use their data to use max pass?

Just keep in mind that you have to download all your photopasse photos each day. You will have until midnight. The ability to download that day's photos ends at midnight.

Just keep in mind that you have to download all your photopasse photos each day. You will have until midnight. The ability to download that day's photos ends at midnight.

According to the Disneyland website, you have 45 days to download them with an option to extend by 15 days. AP holders that purchase the $75 option have until the end of their pass validity dates.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/maxpass/

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/photopass-expiration-policy/

What i was getting at is the app could endorce a location before issuing FPs. No location= no FPs

That would be bad for us. My husband's GPS is all sorts of messed up on his phone. When we are at home his GPS says we are at a park 3 miles away. And short of buying a new phone, Verizon has no answer to this problem

I hadn't really considered the possibility of booking from my hotel room, but this seems like it would be a huge benefit of the system if Disney doesn't crack down on it. I wouldn't be surprised if they left it open for on-site guests, though. One could even argue that the hotels are technically part of the resort.

As a firm believer in mid-day rests I'd use this a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter