May 10 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise Meet

Hi everyone!!!

My family and I are so excited to be joining you all on this cruise!!!
We are Stephy, Gage(4) and Jason; this will be our 1st family vacation and 1st cruise. pirate:
We are combining multiple events in our lives and plan on celebrating them all together in a great and fabulous way that only Disney can provide… pixiedust:

I recently retire from 22yrs service in US Air Force, 1st Yr Anniversary [I fill really bad we didn’t get away for our honeymoon] Gage’s birthday and of course mother’s day!

Every week we learn something new about DCL and that just keeps adding to the excitement and anticipation with on 196 days and counting to go!!! We can’t wait…

FE Signup

Disboards Screenname: Goose3937
Room Number: 5656
Number of Guest traveling: 3
Names of Everyone and ages of kids: Jason, Stephy, Gage(4)
Special Celebrations: 1st Cruise!, 1yr Anniversary!!, Gage 5th Birthday!!!
Any thing we need to know (for example allergies) none
Email: goose.rjd at gmail dot com

We've never done FE before, but looking forward to it.

Hi everyone!!!

We are Stephy, Gage(4) and Jason; this will be our 1st family vacation and 1st cruise. pirate:
We are combining multiple events in our lives and plan on celebrating them all together in a great and fabulous way that only Disney can provide… pixiedust:

I recently retire from 22yrs service in US Air Force, 1st Yr Anniversary [I fill really bad we didn’t get away for our honeymoon] Gage’s birthday and of course mother’s day!

Every week we learn something new about DCL and that just keeps adding to the excitement and anticipation with on 196 days and counting to go!!! We can’t wait…

FE Signup

Welcome aboard! You are going to LOVE it!!! Congratulations to all the celebrations :)

Hi everyone!!!

FE Signup

:welcome:

I've cruised 3 times and I'm still learning new things that get me excited about cruising all over again!

Feel free to join us on the facebook group as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/477636842308954/
It seems the trend has been in favor of facebook over disboards for this group :)

Also, if you're interested, we're going to try and set up some private mixology tastings. Let me know if you'd like more information on that or a pointer to the sign up sheet :)

Hello :) I am so excited that my DH has surprised me with this cruise for my Birthday (may 10th) and for the honeymoon that we didnt get(alone) We took a WDW trip with my 3 boys for our honeymoon and now I get one without the boys.

We have never been on any cruise but I am a WDW veteran! I have lots of questions and have learned lots just by reading all of the posts! Even happy to share a birthday with another cruiser...although she is much younger than myself!

My DH said he would sign us up for mixology and we hope it will be split into 2 groups. I will be signing up for FE too :)

Thanks and cant wait to meet some new Disney friends!
pixiedust:

FE Signup

Disboards Screenname: MickeyMomma1970
Room Number:
Number of Guest traveling: 2
Names of Everyone and ages of kids: Steven, Joey
Special Celebrations: Joey's Birthday (May 10th) Belated Honeymoon, Mother's Day
Email: booya at twc dot com

Hello :) I am so excited that my DH has surprised me with this cruise for my Birthday (may 10th) and for the honeymoon that we didnt get(alone) We took a WDW trip with my 3 boys for our honeymoon and now I get one without the boys.

We have never been on any cruise but I am a WDW veteran! I have lots of questions and have learned lots just by reading all of the posts! Even happy to share a birthday with another cruiser...although she is much younger than myself!

My DH said he would sign us up for mixology and we hope it will be split into 2 groups. I will be signing up for FE too :)

Thanks and cant wait to meet some new Disney friends!
pixiedust:

What a fabulous birthday present! Yes, please, ask any questions you have. DCL is all the magic of WDW but in a concentrated place. I hope you love it!

What a fabulous birthday present! Yes, please, ask any questions you have. DCL is all the magic of WDW but in a concentrated place. I hope you love it!

Hey Pam,

Thanks I am sure we will love it. One of the questions I have is which of the excursions are a must and which ones to stay away from? And does it really matter where you stay on the boat regarding motion sickness? My DH is prone to this and is worried about it.

Thanks

Hey Pam,

Thanks I am sure we will love it. One of the questions I have is which of the excursions are a must and which ones to stay away from? And does it really matter where you stay on the boat regarding motion sickness? My DH is prone to this and is worried about it.

Thanks

Regarding the motion sickness 'they' say that lower decks and in the middle help alleviate it, but I tend to just take Dramamine every day because I am prone myself. That takes it away completely for me.

For the excursions, well, you're going to hear a lot of different answers. Jamaica is a new stop so not sure about that, but on CC people like the sting rays and parasailing. Grand Cayman, the beaches and sting rays. And on Cozumel there's so much to do. I'm going to do the ruins and beach excursion, I've been there before and know my mom will like the ruins. But to be honest, the ship is so gorgeous and has so much to do, you don't even have to leave the ship to have a fabulous vacation.

How long does it take to get accepted to the Facebook group? We are excited and don't want to miss anything. Also want to make sure we don't miss out on the FE group as well. This being our first time we are not sure how it all works.

Thanks so much for your help.

Saddened to say that my daughter and I have had to cancel this cruise. If the job fairies smile on me soon, then who knows .. I may rebook, but for now, can't commit. Can someone please remove me from the FE list and roll call ... Thanks. Sorry I won't get to sail with all of you. I know it is early, but Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We Canadians already celebrated ours in October !

Sorry to hear. I hope the job fairy sprinkles some pixie dust on you SOON.

Saddened to say that my daughter and I have had to cancel this cruise. If the job fairies smile on me soon, then who knows .. I may rebook, but for now, can't commit. Can someone please remove me from the FE list and roll call ... Thanks. Sorry I won't get to sail with all of you. I know it is early, but Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We Canadians already celebrated ours in October !

MJ...sending you tons of pixie dust so the job fairies smile on you soon and you will be able to rebook!!!!

Hi All

Wes and I are also going to have to cancel this cruise. I fell and broke my wrist last Friday and will be on disability for at least 6 weeks which means that I won't have enough vacation time to cover a cruise and a trip to WDW.

Please remove us from the FE list also.

Have a GREAT time and hopefully we'll cross paths again!

Hi All

Wes and I are also going to have to cancel this cruise. I fell and broke my wrist last Friday and will be on disability for at least 6 weeks which means that I won't have enough vacation time to cover a cruise and a trip to WDW.

Please remove us from the FE list also.

Have a GREAT time and hopefully we'll cross paths again!

I'm sorry you both had to cancel :(

We are now booked on this cruise with you all, and it WON'T be changing!

This will be our 6th DCL cruise, previously we have only done the 4 nighter. I re-booked onboard in May 2011 for the discounts and ended up with another 4 night, even though I cannot bear the Bahamas again.

I started working last year so we have the money and I have always wanted to do the 7 night cruise. So, I had moved us to October - because it was cheaper. I started reading trip reports and saw ones about people missing ports like Grand Cayman (GASP!) because of high tides from storms. And people getting sick. I decided I was not ok with saving $1000 to risk a hurricane or large storm coming and moved to this cruise last week. I got the last family large porthole room.

I am stoked. Can't wait to get to jamaica, mon. Its been too long.

And we have about what? 6 months? WOOT!

We live in Florida - it will be me - 45, DH - 44, ds - 11, and dd -8.

I am glad we pulled the trigger but man o' man is that price killing me especially knowing I could wait and get discounts.

We won't do the FE, to stressful for me. :hyper:

Looking forward to getting to know you all! Will head to the FB page too so we can put names to faces. Nite!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT MIXOLOGY:

Hi all, I have added two columns to the mixology sign-up spreadsheet. The first is for the names of other mixology attendees in your party (so that DCL can charge the correct account) and the second is to confirm your attendance. I know that when I started this, not everyone was sure they would be able to make it. Again, I will ask DCL for the afternoon (2 or 3 pm) on the first at sea day, but I can’t confirm the day or time until a couple weeks out. I’ve also set a deadline for sign-ups of Monday March 31st. I’ll do my best to contact anyone who is signed up but hasn’t confirmed by then, but without your confirmation, I can’t be sure you will attend and I would hate for DCL to charge you for nothing. Please pass this along to everyone who might not see this. I have also posted on facebook.

The spreadsheet is linked here and is open to editing by all: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvRLten1FxdhdEF1dHdvdFlmaHBDVGdERkR5c3pubHc#gid=0

Those registered in slots after 40 may or may not be able to attend depending on whether or not we get 50 participants.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT MIXOLOGY:

Hi all, I have added two columns to the mixology sign-up spreadsheet. The first is for the names of other mixology attendees in your party (so that DCL can charge the correct account) and the second is to confirm your attendance. I know that when I started this, not everyone was sure they would be able to make it. Again, I will ask DCL for the afternoon (2 or 3 pm) on the first at sea day, but I can’t confirm the day or time until a couple weeks out. I’ve also set a deadline for sign-ups of Monday March 31st. I’ll do my best to contact anyone who is signed up but hasn’t confirmed by then, but without your confirmation, I can’t be sure you will attend and I would hate for DCL to charge you for nothing. Please pass this along to everyone who might not see this. I have also posted on facebook.

The spreadsheet is linked here and is open to editing by all: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvRLten1FxdhdEF1dHdvdFlmaHBDVGdERkR5c3pubHc#gid=0

Those registered in slots after 40 may or may not be able to attend depending on whether or not we get 50 participants.

We had to change to another cruise. Please remove Beth Harris from the list for mixology. Thanks

Hey everybody! My name is Jaclyn. My husband and I just purchased this cruise yesterday. We are very excited to join you all on board. This will be our first Disney cruise, we are total Disney lovers. We are coming from Las Vegas, but I see there are some Chitown peeps on here, I am originally from the NW burbs. Cubs rule, white sox drool! It'll just be us on the cruise me (28) and my husband (29). We will be celebrating his big 3-0 on board since due to his job, he won't be home for his birthday. We look forward to talking and meeting all of you. Also, is there a fish extender group happening? Talk to you soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter