May 2019 Car Rental Thread

I’ve been checking daily and no change to my rental 5/26-6/4 (9 days) $242 standard size with Alamo Costco ID and $30 coupon. In fact for a week or so it’s actually been higher ($255). Today it is back to $242 but noticed I could get midsize SUV for $270 (previously $330). If you are hoping for a larger vehicle you might take a look this evening.

I’ve been checking daily and no change to my rental 5/26-6/4 (9 days) $242 standard size with Alamo Costco ID and $30 coupon. In fact for a week or so it’s actually been higher ($255). Today it is back to $242 but noticed I could get midsize SUV for $270 (previously $330). If you are hoping for a larger vehicle you might take a look this evening.

Our dates are 5/19-5/28 and been stuck at $342 for over a week.. Might go with Budget instead this time as it's almost $100 cheaper.

Our dates are 5/19-5/28 and been stuck at $342 for over a week.. Might go with Budget instead this time as it's almost $100 cheaper.
Thanks for the information. I just checked and budget is a bit cheaper for me too through the Costco website. I booked a backup reservation with them.

does anyone know if prices can change throughout the day or do they typically change like at midnight?

My may 4th /11th mini van just dropped another 30 dollars today thru costco travel. I am now at 257 which is not so bad since i originally booked at around 350 for the week. Oh and its thru Budget.

I need some help from the experts on here. I booked a midsize SUV with Alamo on Sunday for $408.24. I've been following this thread more recently so I decided to go onto their website tonight and check their rates again. I was able to book the same vehicle for the same dates for $$305.07! That is over $100 in savings from the original reservation!! What the heck is going on??? Is this normal? I triple checked to make sure that I didn't enter the location, dates or vehicle incorrectly to make sure that I was comparing apples to apples. It has been years since I have rented a vehicle so I'm a little rusty but this seems like a huge savings. Am I missing something or should I just thank my lucky stars? :)

I need some help from the experts on here. I booked a midsize SUV with Alamo on Sunday for $408.24. I've been following this thread more recently so I decided to go onto their website tonight and check their rates again. I was able to book the same vehicle for the same dates for $$305.07! That is over $100 in savings from the original reservation!! What the heck is going on??? Is this normal? I triple checked to make sure that I didn't enter the location, dates or vehicle incorrectly to make sure that I was comparing apples to apples. It has been years since I have rented a vehicle so I'm a little rusty but this seems like a huge savings. Am I missing something or should I just thank my lucky stars? :)
Car rates can change daily. I check thru costcotravel twice a day.

Does Alamo have Skip The Counter through A Costco Reservation? Alamo is a $80 Drop from my Budget rental, but I want to skip the counter. TIA

Does Alamo have Skip The Counter through A Costco Reservation? Alamo is a $80 Drop from my Budget rental, but I want to skip the counter. TIA

Not sure if you can do that through the costco travel site. I use the costco code 7014627 and coupon code AD8913MJR at alamo.com and usually get the same rate within a few $$. That way I can definitely use skip the counter.

Car rates can change daily. I check thru costcotravel twice a day.
That sounds like an excellent plan :). I was just shocked to see such a drastic price change over the span of a couple of days. I'm not complaining of course but it left me wondering if I had done something wrong. Thanks!

I book Alamo through Costco, and am able to skip the counter. Have done it many times at MCO. You just need to check in through Alamo site in advance (your Costco reservation will have the Alamo reservation # included). You do not need to prepay. You can add your one free additional driver from Costco deal online. When compete, you print out a one page sheet to take with you (or you could keep copy on your phone.)

Go to the aisle with your car class. Drive to the exit booth. Hand the Alamo booth person your license, credit card, and reservation print out. They check it and hand it back (after asking if you want to prepay gas.)

I book Alamo through Costco, and am able to skip the counter. Have done it many times at MCO. You just need to check in through Alamo site in advance (your Costco reservation will have the Alamo reservation # included). You do not need to prepay. You can add your one free additional driver from Costco deal online. When compete, you print out a one page sheet to take with you (or you could keep copy on your phone.)

Go to the aisle with your car class. Drive to the exit booth. Hand the Alamo booth person your license, credit card, and reservation print out. They check it and hand it back (after asking if you want to prepay gas.)

Thank you so much

Wow i just saved another 20 bucks on my 5/4-5/11 minivan rental thru costco travel. I am now down to 236 for the week. Thats 50 bucks this week woohoo.

Not able to enter any alamo coupon codes today. Get an error that says "request cannot contain more than 50 car classes"

Not able to enter any alamo coupon codes today. Get an error that says "request cannot contain more than 50 car classes"
I just received the same error message when I used both a coupon and contract code. No error message when I used just a contract code.

Last edited:
Went directly through Costco travel and got a STD SUV 5/3-11 for $250, save $18 over lowest rate so far.

I also received the same error message request cannot contain more than 50 car classes. It worked earlier in the day but was very slow.

Alamo website seems to have it's share of problems. Just two weeks ago I was trying to check rates and it would be sending me in a circle and back to the page to put in my trip details instead of the page where I was able to select a car. My guess is this error will be fixed soon. Last time it took a few days to fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter