**May 2023 car rental**

Can somebody tell me if Thrifty at MCO Orlando International has the option to bypass the line and go straight to the garage for car pick-up if you are a Blue Chip member?

When I asked Thrifty customer service online, they responded with "I do believe MCO is part of this."

That doesn't sound too reassuring. Has anybody skipped the line with Blue Chip there?

Can somebody tell me if Thrifty at MCO Orlando International has the option to bypass the line and go straight to the garage for car pick-up if you are a Blue Chip member?

When I asked Thrifty customer service online, they responded with "I do believe MCO is part of this."

That doesn't sound too reassuring. Has anybody skipped the line with Blue Chip there?
I believe the last time I used Blue Chip, it was a stand with contracts in it arranged by last name. You would walk up, grab your folio and go to the space listed.

Surprised by a little bit of a price drop today as it's only 4 days until our trip. Down to $291 for an intermediate SUV for 9 days from Hertz through Priceline/Autoslash.

Successfully used Hertz "PC" code 210958 for 20% off at hertz.com. "Offer valid for vehicle pickup through 01/01/2023 & 02/28/2023. Promotional Coupon: 210958." Rent by: 6/30/2023.

Just chiming in to say pickup and drop off with Alamo was a breeze. No issues whatsoever and we went straight to the car. The longest wait we had was for the sweet old lady in the booth…super nice just a very slow typer lol

Picked up our Hertz vehicle 5/11 around 12:30am in terminal B. Booked (and rebooked several times for better pricing) a mid-sze SUV via autoslash and included my Gold number. Went straight to the garage. Name was on the big board stating Gold aisle. Picked out the biggest SUV I could find... a 2023 Chevy Blazer with 11 miles on the odometer. Attendant at the gate offered the pre-pay gas package, which I declined. Checked my paperwork before pulling away and all was right. No additions to the autoslash price. Returned the car and got the receipt. Same price there as well. So A+ for this Hertz rental. Everything went exactly as it should have.

Picked up our Hertz vehicle 5/11 around 12:30am in terminal B. Booked (and rebooked several times for better pricing) a mid-sze SUV via autoslash and included my Gold number. Went straight to the garage. Name was on the big board stating Gold aisle. Picked out the biggest SUV I could find... a 2023 Chevy Blazer with 11 miles on the odometer. Attendant at the gate offered the pre-pay gas package, which I declined. Checked my paperwork before pulling away and all was right. No additions to the autoslash price. Returned the car and got the receipt. Same price there as well. So A+ for this Hertz rental. Everything went exactly as it should have.
When you picked up your car, was your gold membership already established and had you already rented in the past? I just made a first time reservation and it told me that I was "standard counter". I thought that with the gold plus you could bypass the counter.

When you picked up your car, was your gold membership already established and had you already rented in the past? I just made a first time reservation and it told me that I was "standard counter". I thought that with the gold plus you could bypass the counter.
My Gold membership was already established, and I had rented in the past. Looking back through my documentation my first Hertz rental many years ago was at a hotel, not at a skip the counter location.

You still have to have your driver's license and credit card validated. Some have had success at their local Hertz offices, some have had success doing that at the Gold Plus hut in the garage. Lines at the Hertz counter aren't usually too bad because of how many people use the Gold Plus service at MCO.

It definitely seems to vary. I tried to validate in advance at my local Hertz. They told me it had to be done at the location when I picked up my first car. I had loaded everything into my account online. When we landed, I had an email from Hertz letting me know that my car was available and to proceed to the garage. Sure enough, our name was on the board, grabbed the car and off we went. So like I said, it seems to vary. Hope your luck is as good as ours!

It definitely seems to vary. I tried to validate in advance at my local Hertz. They told me it had to be done at the location when I picked up my first car. I had loaded everything into my account online. When we landed, I had an email from Hertz letting me know that my car was available and to proceed to the garage. Sure enough, our name was on the board, grabbed the car and off we went. So like I said, it seems to vary. Hope your luck is as good as ours!
I was able to go straight out to the garage and pick up my car with my first Hertz rental as well. Now, I get assigned the Gold aisle and can pick what I want which is nice.

I managed to save a whole $3 on my rental and I'm not going to complain. Everything went smoothly when leaving and coming back. No rental for our August trip as we're driving down instead of flying.

I signed up with Hertz a couple weeks ago and I have a member number, but everytime I login to my account it asks me to upgrade to Hertz gold plus reward. I fill out all of the information and it tells me I'm a member but then the next day it asks me to upgrade again. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I signed up with Hertz a couple weeks ago and I have a member number, but everytime I login to my account it asks me to upgrade to Hertz gold plus reward. I fill out all of the information and it tells me I'm a member but then the next day it asks me to upgrade again. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Just call them. And keep your eye out for free President's Circle upgrade offers. I got a free upgrade a couple of years ago. I always reserve a car with Hertz (cheapest available) through AutoSlash, they monitor the rate, I rebook when it drops, and then when I pick up the car I can choose any car on the President's Circle aisle, which usually has my preferred compact SUVs and sometimes even "luxury" models. But even if you don't have President's Circle, they'll have your name on the board so you can just walk to your reserved car in the appropriate spot.

Just call them. And keep your eye out for free President's Circle upgrade offers. I got a free upgrade a couple of years ago. I always reserve a car with Hertz (cheapest available) through AutoSlash, they monitor the rate, I rebook when it drops, and then when I pick up the car I can choose any car on the President's Circle aisle, which usually has my preferred compact SUVs and sometimes even "luxury" models. But even if you don't have President's Circle, they'll have your name on the board so you can just walk to your reserved car in the appropriate spot.
Thank you for the quick reply. I tried calling them on Friday but the guy didn't know why I was having the issue. I'll try again today. I will definitely look for the President's Circle upgrade, that will be amazing. My pick up at MCO will be my first and it's showing I need to go to the counter, do you think I can go straight to the garage? I really don't want to wait in line.

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried calling them on Friday but the guy didn't know why I was having the issue. I'll try again today. I will definitely look for the President's Circle upgrade, that will be amazing. My pick up at MCO will be my first and it's showing I need to go to the counter, do you think I can go straight to the garage? I really don't want to wait in line.
Absolutely. Make sure your member number is linked, and you can go right to the garage. Your name will be on the board with the corresponding spot where your assigned car is. They'll check your license and credit card at the exit booth.

Absolutely. Make sure your member number is linked, and you can go right to the garage. Your name will be on the board with the corresponding spot where your assigned car is. They'll check your license and credit card at the exit booth.
That's great news, I thought they needed to verify my credit card and driver's license before I go to the garage to get my car. I made my reservation after I sign up so I'm hoping my member number is linked to it. I'll need to ask when I call them later. I'm also using the visa code, has anyone had any problems with it?

That's great news, I thought they needed to verify my credit card and driver's license before I go to the garage to get my car. I made my reservation after I sign up so I'm hoping my member number is linked to it. I'll need to ask when I call them later. I'm also using the visa code, has anyone had any problems with it?
You can update your profile on the Hertz site to add your cc and DL; if you've done that, you're set.

If you have a confirmation after inputing the Visa code, it's already in the reservation and you won't have a problem. Sometimes if you book a Costco rate, for example, they'll ask to see your Costco card, but in all the times I've booked through Costco (pre-AutoSlash) I was never asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter