May 3, 2003 - Magic Eastern Cruisers

rae519

<font color=6666CC>DIS Veteran<br><font color=CC00
Hi!
I'm looking to start a list for the May 3, 2003 Magic Eastern Cruisers.

Rae (47), Mom (Lilly - 74) and my son (Michael -7)
DH gets to "hold the fort down" for this cruise!!
All DCL veterans here!!
Early Dining
No excursions planned yet.

Hope to meet more soon!

Rae

Count us in! Cindi (41) David (36) and Tanner (11).
First time for a 7 night; 3 was *too* short. Late dining, planning to do own excursions, and celebrating finally finishing graduate school (in three days!)

HI! Yes, finishing graduate school is definitely a call to celebrate! And it sounds like May will be our month to have celebrations also (Birthdays: me, 5/19 and Michael 5/26)

I have started OUR list and so glad you have a countdown calendar since I was thinking we had around 70 days left but 68 sounds much (MUCH) shorter!!!

We have sailed before on the Wonder and you are right, the trips weren't long enough. We've been Eastern before and it was very nice, especially the harbor at St. Thomas - just lovely!

I'll get a website link ready for us as we prepare for others to join our cruise!!!

Rae

Hello everybody,

My boyfriend (32) and I (29) are also going on the magic eastern cruise of may 3.
We are from Holland and it is our first cruise ever and are very happy this will be a disney cruise. We have the late dinner on the cruise.

The only thing we have planned yet is meeting a colleague of mine on St. Maarten. Her parents lives there and she will be there on vacation when we will visit the island.

Things we want to do for sure on the boat :

- seeing alot of shows (Hercules, Disney dreams, ...)
- alot of eating. ;)
- surial bath
- disney pin trading
- seeing some movies
- bingo
and ...
and ... (anyone any tips ??)
and alot of relaxing

I hope we all have a great cruise.
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Jeanette :wave:

Hello to Lodgelady and hans_jeanette! So looking forward to meeting with you!!

If there is anything we can do to answer any questions - don't hesitate, I may not know but someone on the DIS board will!
A grand bunch of cruisers here!

Take the Vista Spa tour at embarkation and look out of the window in the exercise room to see the only view of the bridge and officers working it.

Do the Kitchen tour to see how the kitchen works - and it's CLEAN!!! That's during one of the days at sea.

Dueling pianos - the family show is early 7:45 and the late show (not sure of the time) is said to be more risque and for ADULTS ONLY! It's a wonderful time with two very gifted pianists!

Make Palo and spa reservations early - one go to spa and one to Palo to get what you want early during embarkation. Palo has an excellent brunch also.

Will try to think of more as time goes on - I haven't done any excursions on my cruises since I travel with two diverse ages (74 and 7)! Both whom have MORE energy than I do.

Welcome aboard!
Rae

Don't know HOW I missed your post! I just posted the same question...doh!

Hubby, I and Kids are going on our 1st Disney Cruise that week! DS-14 & DD-9.

With the help of all of you guys...I think I'm actually prepared!

Can't wait!

Welcome cupig! (cute name there!)

I'm going to post a list at the end of this week so we can add/delete or change anything we want.

Most lists have places for names, ages, where you are from, early or late dining - sometimes people will add other things like stateroom, or if they are interested in getting together during embarkation to meet and where, and if they want to have a get together at Palo for brunch -

I don't want anyone putting down what he/she feels uncomfortable with because after all we are strangers even though we are on this forum and going to be on the same ship.

I am interested in meeting during embarkation for a few minutes and in having a Palo brunch, if others would like to join - let me know before Friday.

Rae

I received my Passporter (Guide to DCL and Ports of Call) yesterday from amazon.com - less than $12.00. It contains a wealth of information that even a veteran cruiser (me) is finding very interesting.

I am highly recommending this book for both first timers and veterans. You won't regret getting this book EVER!!!!

Rae

Matthew, Corinna and our 3 year old daughter Franceska will be joining you in May.

We have booked a private car tour of St Thomas via a recommendation from these boards.

We are also celebrating rather a special occasion on the Thursday!.....

Best wishes

Welcome Matthew, Corinna and Franceska! Nice to have your join our group!

So what's the special occasion? Birthday or Anniversary?!
Just curious!

Rae

Hi Rae,

It's nice to hear that you like the DCL Passporter. We have also orderded this guide and hope to receive it within a few weeks.

Best Wishes,

Hans & Jeanette :wave:

Hi everyone! We will be joining ya'll for the May 3 Eastern Cruise also. My group consists of 5 thirtysomething girls! My best friend and I have been on 2 other DCL cruises, but never the 7 day. We are traveling with 3 of her friends from Houston, TX, which is where she lives too. (I'm from Louisiana.)

We really can't believe we are really doing this! We have had this booked for over a year, but you know how some people usually back out on you! Well...we are paid in full, so there's no backing out now! My friend and I are Disney fanatics and we feel like we have transformed her 3 other friends into fanatics as well. He-He! They are really thrilled and we all can't wait till it's here. (The Magic won't know what hit them!)

I would love to meet up, too! It would be great to put a face with a user name. Be sure and post if ya'll have a place set up to meet at and a time. We are flying in the Friday before and staying at the Radisson Resort At the Port. Love that place! We have stayed there two times before and it is terrific!

Michele

PS BTW, I purchased the Passporter too! I love it. I would really suggest any first timer to get one. Of course, I am an organizer, so this was right up my alley.

Hi wdwfan11 - and friends!
So nice to have you all aboard also - my Mom and I have a great time doing our own thing while Michael (my DS - 7) stays at the Club.

I'm glad you liked your Passporter also - it has so much information in it. I guess people could spend a lot of time on line getting the majority of the information but why waste time when we can find everything right at our fingertips!

Hans_jeanette - Your's will be there soon and you will really like it, especially as first time cruisers. I wish that I had had something like either that or the DIS Boards for my first two cruises (3 night then 7 night Eastern), it sure would have been a whole lot easier on finding things out about the ship, what to do, where to go etc, AND things at port.

Any suggestions from May 3 cruisers on when or where to meet?
I am thinking definitely embarkation day and maybe right before or right after the Mustering Exercise (Life boat drill) - say the deck behind Topsiders Restaurant?

Anyone interested in having some sort of recognition symbol - colored shirts? Name tags?
All suggestions are welcome!!!!

Rae

Have you decided on a meeting time/place yet?

Best wishes as always...

Hi Matthew!
I haven't been contacted by anyone other than those on this thread, so my answer is not yet.

I think we could come up with something though. Mom, Michael and I will be wearing look alike shirts - white with Disney Characters and lettering. I don't have them in front of me, so I forget, but I will let you know. Definitely want our families to get together on this trip - so please keep in touch!

I am hoping that others on the thread for May 3 will sign in so we can get an idea of who is coming along!!

Thank you again for your PM and great news. Definitely looking forward to all of it!

Anyone have any suggestions on where we can meet and what time?
Always hectic on embarkation but a few minutes is do-able!!

Rae

Count us in!

Have we tried this already?

First time DCL Cruisers! We are Myself, DH, DD (10) DS (turns 7 on May 3rd.) I invite all to help us sing Happy Birthday to him at Early Seating.
So Far I am planning the Dolphin Swim in Anguilla (for out St. Martin excursion) and doing our own beach day in St. Thomas as has been well recommended on this board. I haven't decided which beach yet though.
I would be up for a dis meet just let me know when and where.
Hope to spend a lot of quality time with DH, I know my kids are going to love the clubs and activities they are very social. Hmmm wonder where they get that?

Can not wait, counting the days!

Welcome to the group, PeachyK~!

Glad to have you and your family with us. Especially another May birthday celebrator!!

One great thing about the DIS Board family is that once we meet, it's up to each one to either be available to do things with the others or not. At least we can see familiar faces to talk with every now and then if we choose not to "party" or "meet" afterwards.

I've found some wonderful friends through the meetings and even non-Dis board friends!

I'll place you on the list this week!

We have no time/place for the meeting yet - I am hoping for some suggestions.

Welcome Aboard!

Rae

Rae...sorry to barge onto your thread...but I am right in thinking you are going on 5/3/03 and then again on 8/2/03??? I thought I read a post that you were going on the same cruise as Jlawall...maybe I got my DIS'ers mixed up!!!

Anyway....I see your B'Day is on 5/19....mine is 5/17 and we just booked to sail on the 5/17 Magic Eastern!!! What better way to celebrate my B'Day!!!

Have a great cruise.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter