• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 6 Character Swap Progress Thread

RealMickeysGirl

DIS Veteran<br><font color=9966ff>I think my frien
Due date is May 6th.

1. Choose a character.
2. Choose 3 different items from the list below - I will list your character but will not list the items you are making - Everyone will be surprised with what they get.
3. PM me with your dis name, name and address - so I can pre-address the return envelopes.
4. Post your weekly status on the Progress thread - which will be posted after the slots are filled - like every friday (or which ever day of the week works best for you).
5. Check the progress thread for your status - it will be updated with ship info and received info.
6. Packing Instructions - use a ziploc for each person and put everything for that person into their bag; put all of your ziploc bags into a large ziploc bag - bre sure to include your name, your dis name and your address on your big bag; include $4.05 for postage (or stamps if you don't want to send cash) to return your items.
7. PM me if you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.
8. There will be 12 people per group - once a group fills up I will add another group - but there will not be more than 3 groups (I just don't think I can handle more than 36 package my first try at hosting).
9. HAVE FUN!! It isn't worth doing if you don't have fun.

Ok - here are the elements to choose from (if you have another idea for an element, let me know and I will add it).

1 Topper - 8 inches wide
2 Borders - 2 vertical, 11 inches in length/width
2 journaling boxes - (double matted and embellished) 2 per person; At least a 2x2 writing area
4 Embellished squares - (double matted) 4 per person
2 Frames - (embellished)
2 Photo Mats - (double matted and embellished) 2 per person
2 Tags - (double matted) 2 per person; Must include either fibers or eyelets in the holes
2 Slide Mounts
1 Box n Tag - (1 of each- Above rules apply)
1 mini file folder
1 library pocket and tag
1 Shaker Box - (1 per person)
1 Paper Piecing - (1 per person)
1 Matted Poem or song Lyric - (double matted and embellished); At least 4x4 space (no handwriting please)
Eyelets/brads/buttons/charms AND fiber/ribbon - (6 per person AND 1 yard)

Sign ups - only your dis name and character will be listed here - your elements are a surprise
Legend -
I have your address
You have shipped
I have received your package
I have shipped back to you
:tink:Mailed May 30
:snail: Mailed May 31
You have received your package :woohoo:
Participants (had to rework - there is a limit on # of smilies in one post)
1. RealMickeysGirl - a)Lilo b)Snow White c)Stitch
2. StichIsOurHero - a)Tigger b)Stitch c)Evil Queen :woohoo:
3. PrincessNancy96 - a)Piglet c)Cinderella :woohoo:
4. KatDisney - a)Queen of Hearts b)Chicken Little c)Chip and Dale :woohoo:
5. KAMommy - a)Tinker Bell :snail:
6. Michellepooh - a)Pooh b)Mickey Mouse :tink:
7. scrappinmom - a)Peter Pan :snail:
8. DaisyMay - a)Dumbo b)Lady and Tramp :woohoo:
9. fanofthemouse - a)The Incredables b)Eeyore :woohoo:
10. New England Eeyore - a)Ariel :woohoo:
11. disneyfreakk - a)Mickey Mouse :woohoo:
12. cocacolamom - a)Buzz Lightyear :woohoo:
13. Tink&Belle's Mom - Woody :woohoo:
14. MissBubbles - b)Pluto :woohoo:
15. Disneyland emily - b)Dopey c)Sorcerer Mickey :tink:(6/8/6)
16. Knovak - b)Goofy :woohoo:
17. Ohana4 - b)Mad Hatter :woohoo:
18. bcarson - b)Pooh c)Minnie Mouse:woohoo:
19. BUCKEYE MICKEY - b)Minnie Mouse :woohoo:
20. Christinadei - c)Mickey Mouse :tink:
21. YodasMom - c)Figment :woohoo:
22. ddavis860 - c)Pooh :woohoo:
23. bigsis1970 - c)Pluto and Tink93 - c)Tinker Bell :snail:

Group A
1. RealMickeysGirl - Lilo
2. StichIsOurHero - Tigger
3. PrincessNancy96 - Piglet
4. KatDisney - Queen of Hearts
5. KAMommy - Tinker Bell
6. Michellepooh - Pooh
7. scrappinmom - Peter Pan
8. DaisyMay - Dumbo
9. fanofthemouse - The Incredables
10. New England Eeyore - Ariel
11. disneyfreakk - Mickey Mouse
12. cocacolamom - Buzz Lightyear

Group B
1. Tink&Belle's Mom - Woody
2. MissBubbles - Pluto
3. StitchIsOurHero - Stitch
4. DaisyMay - Lady and the Tramp
5. KatDisney - Chicken Little
6. Disneyland emily - Dopey
7. Knovak - Goofy
8. Ohana4 - Mad Hatter
9. Michellepooh - Mickey Mouse
10. bcarson - Pooh
11. BUCKEYE MICKEY - Minnie Mouse
12. RealMickeysGirl - Snow White

Group C
1. fanofhtemouse - Eeyore
2. bcarson - Minnie Mouse
3. Christinadei - Mickey Mouse
4. YodasMom - Figment
5. StitchIsOurHero - Evil Queen from Snow White
6. KatDisney - Chip and Dale
7. Disneyland Emily - Sorcerer Mickey
8. ddavis860 - Pooh
9. bigsis1970 - Pluto
10. Tink93 - Tinker Bell
11. PrincessNancy96 - Cinderella
12. RealMickeysGirl - Stitch

:cool1: Thanks for posting this!!! :cool1:

I went an bought supplies today! I drove my 5 year old crazy looking for specific paper colors but he did an awesome job! I'll have a crafty little man yet! :rotfl:

I plan on starting this weekend!

I am going to get my supplies this weekend. I love the legend BTW! ;)

Getting my last minute items this weekend as well. I am so excited I have some good ideas i just hope they turn out he way i want them to look..lol.. My goal is to get all my stuff mailed by the end of next week. **fingers crossed* so then I can concentrate on packing as we have to be moved to Arizona by may 1st. Yikes!

I'll be going out later today to shop. This is going to be so much FUN! :banana:

update:
yeah, well, seems that the workshop that DH was going to be at for the WHOLE DAY turned into a 1/2 day...sooooo, when I went to Mike's I wasn't able to enjoy the shopping (cause he went too and kept asking if I was done yet... :rotfl2: ), and so I have to go back again this week...sigh...

Such a hardship, shopping again.... :lmao:

I have to wait to next weekend to shop...bummer. But I think I will go finish getting my family pictures printed (I am SO behind) that way I can concentrate on my swap stuff. I am so excited :banana: . This just has me all inspired!

My DD was so excited that one element is already done for her swap items !!!! way better start then her momma !!! LOL Michelle

I go away for a wedding and miss the swap. :guilty: Oh well maybe next time. Everyone have fun and I can't wait to see what you all make.

:cool1: The paper I ordered for my Lilo and Stitch items came in the mail yesterday!!!

Almost done w/ one element for Cindy!!! Woo hoo!!!! :cool1:
I can't wait to get this swap! My kids are so excited.. They don't want me to scrap any more Disney until the swaps are done! LOL

I am going to get my stuff this weekend. (This is my first swap and I am already hooked).

I even bought a Sizzix last night, just to "help". My husband asked if I realized I was starting down a long path with a new obsession. I told him yes. I don't see the problem, do any of you? :rolleyes1

KAMommy said:
I am going to get my stuff this weekend. (This is my first swap and I am already hooked).

I even bought a Sizzix last night, just to "help". My husband asked if I realized I was starting down a long path with a new obsession. I told him yes. I don't see the problem, do any of you? :rolleyes1

Oh boy, you is in trouble now...See, once you get the sizzix, you start looking for reasons to use it...and that causes the need more dies for the sizzix, and well...you get the idea. I love mine :thumbsup2 , and it gives my xyron a work out too...

I have to say that I am very disappointed in the selection of Pooh stuff out there right now. :guilty: I picked Pooh thinking that I would be able to have my pick of stickers and other stuff...YEAH RIGHT...nothin' that I want to put in my scrapbook :confused3 ...and I went to 2 local scrap stores, Michael's, Joann's, AC Moore, and looked online. Very disappointed :sad2: .... I think I have changed my elements at least 3 times trying to get some good ideas...

But I am happy to say I got my shopping done today (DH was at work :lmao: ). I hope my ideas look as good on the paper as they do in my head... :rotfl:

Yeah! I finished shopping. An endeavor that required the purchase of more "tools" (but honey, I can use them over and over). Now if I just didn't have to clean my house for my in-laws to visit this weekend, I could have some scrapbook fun! :rolleyes2

KAMommy said:
I even bought a Sizzix last night, just to "help".

I did the same thing! I bought my Sizzix (which I previously thought I'd never need) for my first swap a few months ago. Now with each swap I do I seem to buy a die or two or three to use. Talk about addicting.

Back on topic: My first element is done!!

ddavis860 said:
I have to say that I am very disappointed in the selection of Pooh stuff out there right now. :guilty: I picked Pooh thinking that I would be able to have my pick of stickers and other stuff...YEAH RIGHT...nothin' that I want to put in my scrapbook :confused3 ...and I went to 2 local scrap stores, Michael's, Joann's, AC Moore, and looked online. Very disappointed :sad2: .... I think I have changed my elements at least 3 times trying to get some good ideas...

But I am happy to say I got my shopping done today (DH was at work :lmao: ). I hope my ideas look as good on the paper as they do in my head... :rotfl:

Check out www.mousememories.com Pooh stuff ! they have some REALLY cute Pooh stuff and a huge selection. I wasnt going to post that link until I looked to see if I was in your group.... I didnt want it to look like I was shopping for myself! LOL :rotfl:

disneyfreakk said:
Check out www.mousememories.com Pooh stuff ! they have some REALLY cute Pooh stuff and a huge selection. I wasnt going to post that link until I looked to see if I was in your group.... I didnt want it to look like I was shopping for myself! LOL :rotfl:

Thanks so much for the link!! That is just what I was looking for! :thumbsup2 Have you ordered from this site before?

Ok - I posted this in the general scrapbooking board but decided I should ask you ladies directly. I have found some surf board shaped playing cards at dollartree. They would work really well with what i am planning for my Lilo items and my stitch items.

Would you all be comfortable using playing cards in your albums? If any of you don't want to take the chance on them being bad for your albums, I will scan the cards and print them on photo paper and cut them out so the design will be the same. It would just be easier to use the cards as they are instead of having to cut them out of photo paper but either way is fine with me - just trying to save time.

Pm me with your comments - don't want to turn this thread into a debate.

Thanks,
Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter