~May 7, 2011~ 7-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Magic!

I still need to go through my clothes! Normally I am already packed and ready!

Ugh. I know!! Me too.... For some reason I am avoiding it. :confused3

I did all my yardwork yesterday. This is the 1st year we are planting vegetables - so I wanted to get them in the ground before we left. My neighbor is going to be taking care of everything while we are gone, so they helped us plant yesterday.

My whole house is clean aside from a few things. Let's hope it will stay that way for the most part! My fridge has been slowly emptying and we aren't shopping until we get back so we clear everything out.

So, really packing is all that's left!! I just can't motivate myself for some reason! :upsidedow It's usually my favorite part! :confused:

Question. I just checked in and it asks what time we will be arriving at the port. It only had certain time to select. Does it really matter? Am I not going to be able to check in early then what I selected?

I think you have to check in at the time you were left with, but I'm not sure. I guess it's worth a shot to try for earlier :confused3

From what I understand, the check in times are a new thing - so I don't know if anyone will have a definite answer. :confused:

Sorry!!!

Did we ever officially figure out if Krispykreme is on or off the FE list? I was going over my list of "to-do" before we leave and that was one item on there - to make sure I had everyone on the FE packed in the suitcase.

Latest word is that the shuttle launch has been rescheduled for Sunday, May 8th. If that date sticks, wonder if we'll see anything from sea? Hopefully that makes the traffic into PC a little easier for us trying to get there on Friday or Saturday. :thumbsup2

Anyone else have the "I'm too excited to sleep" syndrome hit them yet?

Can anyone tell me what the schedule looks like for formal, semi formal and pirate night?

I thought that formal night was on Sunday May 8th, Pirate Night is Tuesday May 10th (after St Maarten) and Semi Formal is Thursday the 12th.

Is that correct? Or did I totally make that up. LOL :goodvibes

Can anyone tell me what the schedule looks like for formal, semi formal and pirate night?

I thought that formal night was on Sunday May 8th, Pirate Night is Tuesday May 10th (after St Maarten) and Semi Formal is Thursday the 12th.

Is that correct? Or did I totally make that up. LOL :goodvibes

That's the schedule I have.:thumbsup2

Latest word is that the shuttle launch has been rescheduled for Sunday, May 8th. If that date sticks, wonder if we'll see anything from sea? Hopefully that makes the traffic into PC a little easier for us trying to get there on Friday or Saturday. :thumbsup2

Anyone else have the "I'm too excited to sleep" syndrome hit them yet?

I would have liked to see the shuttle launch, but not deal with the hassles there will be at the port. So I am kind of glad it's Sunday but a little sad we will miss it.

My hubby's gets up every morning and says "only insert number here more sleeps until we leave.":)

Ok, I am mostly packed! LOL I filled in my acrylics last night, still have to do my toes. I should have touched up my hair color last week, don't feel like doing it now. Oh well. I have a job interview tomorrow, 2 tests and hopefully I get called back for interview number 2

Ok, I am mostly packed! LOL I filled in my acrylics last night, still have to do my toes. I should have touched up my hair color last week, don't feel like doing it now. Oh well. I have a job interview tomorrow, 2 tests and hopefully I get called back for interview number 2

I have an appt on Thursday at the salon for hair and nails.
Good luck with the interview!

Diana, good luck with your interview!

I have my haircut on Wednesday...and we are done packing too!

And about KrispyKreme97.....she signed up for FE last December and I just looked up and last time she was on DIS board is mid January. We don't have any info what stateroom they are in or if they even go on this cruise.

Hope the interview went OK ;)
Question.....will my cabin have a well functioning blow dryer?

Functioning, yes. Well functioning, that depends on your hair.

It's the same kind that you often find in European hotels. It's attached to the wall and looks like a really odd vacuum cleaner attachment. It does dry hair but not exactly quickly or in the best means possible.

I have short hair (just above shoulder length) and I've managed ok. I'm not going to bring a hair dryer. If I had longer or more tempermental hair, I'd probably bring my own.

How did the interview go Dianatlol? popcorn::

I considered bringing my blowdryer, but decided against it. I have shorter (shoulder length) thin hair. It probably will be annoying - but let's be honest. It will probably be back in a clip most days anyway ;)

Beach hair is the best :thumbsup2

How's everyone doing with their packing/planning/cleaning? :upsidedow

I feel like I am forgetting a zillion things. :eek:

How's everyone doing with their packing/planning/cleaning? :upsidedow

I feel like I am forgetting a zillion things. :eek:

Panic has pretty much set in. I dropped my house guests off at that airport this morning so now I'm in cruise packing overdrive. I'm sitting here making the master/final list so we can be pulling out of our driveway at 3am on Friday for the big drive south.

Back from the interview, praying for interview #2!!! I should know before we ship off! :)

As far as the blow dryer I had shorter hair last year and I did not like them! I am taking mine! Course I have let my hair grow for a year now too, so those little wind blowers will not work. I might decide to heck with it. Step out on the deck and its gone anyway! LOL

Hope the interview went OK ;)

I'm bringing my own. I have small, but strong travel blow dryer which works a lot better then any hotel/ship dryer. I usually don't use it if I have time to dry my hair without it....but I need it for my kids and when I'll be in rush to get to dinner or show :)

I got butterflies in my tummy this morning.....gosh, I'm getting so excited and nervous at the same time.....even with all the lists I have, I have feeling I forgot to pack something....something very important :)

Kids already got their hair cuts, DH is getting one right now, tomorrow is my turn.....I informed post office to hold our mail, tomorrow need to do the same with newspaper. On Thursday need to take my fur babies to the kennel and then we are ready to go...I guess :)

Anone else nervous about our weather forecast?

60% chance of rain both in St Thomas and St Maarten :guilty:

It must be my fault guys.... I swear EVERY vacation we go on, it rains the whole time. :sad1:

Long range computer forecasts for caribbean islands are notoriously off. They certainly can't predict thunderstorms 8 days away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter