MAY W.I.S.H. - Let's make it an aMAYzing Month

I was a sloth this weekend and it was lovely--except for the stomach ache that started Friday night and is just now going away. We're not sure if it's the medicine or a bug. Meds are done so hoping all is well now.

My Saturday mornings I make a pot of tea (the only time I do) and watch youtube videos. I have a few travel folks that I love to adventure with. By the time I've watched them all the tea is gone and DH is up and we can start the day.

We've just been tossing out some travel ideas for a few days right when I start my summer vacation and before we go on the Alaskan cruise with my parents. DH said there's a part of the state he's never been to so wants to drive there. I think we can do some fun outdoor things!

And today DS2 told me the hotel in Las Vegas has finally gotten the contract to them so now it's their official wedding venue! Ten months to go!

I'm fairly certain I've spent most of the past four days sitting on the sofa with a cat attached to me. Other than that I had a couple appointments and did maybe one chore and one errand per day?

My mistakes when "dieting"... losing focus and lack of planning. Both are ADHD traits so this is another area where I'm trying to learn new ways to approach it, not much progress there yet. I have had pretty good success in reducing dairy, maybe consuming 60 to 70% less than I was. I'm seeing improvement so I'm going to continue that quest this week and get it down a bit lower.
Another thing that I've recently discovered is also ADHD related is planning out all the things I'm going to do and then not doing any of them... this happens with getting out for walks: I think about it all day then don't do it in the evening. Yet another area ripe for improvement.

My most common mistake used to be fad diets. I did everything you could think of…keto, vegan, low carb…I always ended up heavier and feeling like crap.

When I joined WW online 2.5 years ago it changed my entire outlook on eating which lead to changing my outlook on fitness. Being consistent with healthy choices, both diet and exercise, but also enjoying special days without guilt has been a game changer for me. I lost all the weight I wanted, kept it off and have the energy to be active everyday. For me, consistency is key.

We had a busy weekend, lots of appointments Friday, Saturday I babysat my niece and nephews while my SIL and BIL went to a wedding, Sunday I cleaned and yesterday we had a BBQ/bday celebration to attend for my nephew and it was lovely.

Sadly DS2 and his girlfriend had a major car issue while traveling 5 hours away to visit my parents yesterday evening. In addition to the car issue DS2 was sprayed by scalding hot fluid when he opened the hood 😔. They were 4 hours away from us but 1 hour from my parents so my dad went to get them and we have coverage for roadside assistance on the insurance so he got a tow to a shop near my parents and my SIL who is a RN cleaned his burns and thinks he will heal ok as long as he keeps them clean. Hoping he’s feeling ok today and that the truck can be fixed easily. I am sure at this point they just want to be home but are stranded until the truck is fixed.

I don't know that any single one of those mistakes is my problem. They have all certainly played their parts over my lifetime! Now I think I've got a handle on them and just have an occasional in the moment struggle. But I know it's just one moment, one blip, and I continue to just plod along my healthy way.

I didn't sleep well last night so am glad it's not weight lifting night! That makes me more tired just thinking about it! Instead it's plank night, that's easy enough. In fact, I think I'll do that now so it's done!!

We started going in one day a week just this week. There are 5 of us on my team and we each had to pick a different day…our management team is in another state…so we each sit alone in the office one day a week now.

We have been 3 days in the office for a year now. I am getting excited that it might be less time in the office. I save so much by not coming in. I have to pay for parking as well as the gas. Also, I can use my time better at home for work and personal stuff.

I do not understand why someone would have to go into an office to sit by themselves. They should save he money and have people stay home. Plus, for me, I would be scared out of my mind being by myself. When I worked at the daycare years ago, I would come in on the weekends to get caught up on paperwork. The doors are always locked from the outside but any little noise would scary me.

Sadly DS2 and his girlfriend had a major car issue while traveling 5 hours away to visit my parents yesterday evening. In addition to the car issue DS2 was sprayed by scalding hot fluid when he opened the hood 😔. They were 4 hours away from us but 1 hour from my parents so my dad went to get them and we have coverage for roadside assistance on the insurance so he got a tow to a shop near my parents and my SIL who is a RN cleaned his burns and thinks he will heal ok as long as he keeps them clean. Hoping he’s feeling ok today and that the truck can be fixed easily. I am sure at this point they just want to be home but are stranded until the truck is fixed.

I hope your son is ok. Burns are horrible. I burnt my leg, and fingers on both hands on our way home from a cruise about 5 years ago. I spilled a cup of hot water for tea from Wendy's. We were in South Carolina and had to drive the rest of the way home to Ohio. We did go to the ER and I did get meds but it just hurt for about a week or two. I had second degree burns on my leg. I hope your sons is not this bad and heal quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter