MAY W.I.S.H. - Let's make it an aMAYzing Month

I wanted to take a moment and reflect on yesterdays tragic events in Texas. The precious lives lost, the brave teachers, law enforcement, first responders and the families mourning the loss of their loved ones. We are hoping for comfort after this unimaginable tragedy. Our hearts are heavy and we are mourning with you.

2D79DF51-EEF2-4366-9A59-DBA87C37E99F.jpeg

We made it-halfway through the week-working our way towards a long Holiday weekend!

What’s everyone WhoooooHoooooing this Wednesday??

I have to say I am excited for the next few days to come-DD and I get hair cuts tomorrow night, vacation nails and toes Friday, Saturday I babysit my niece and nephews all day and evening, Monday is my nephews 3rd birthday party which is a Memorial Day picnic/birthday combo…one work day Tuesday then I am off work for 12 DAYS!!! 10 of those days we are vacationing!!! I feel like we are kicking off the summer in a fun way and I am excited for it!!

Can’t wait to hear everyone’s whooohooos today!! Big or small let’s hear them all!!!

Have to admit I'm not feeling very WooHoo-ish. I watch my little "niece and nephew" tomorrow after school, and I'm already dreading not knowing what to say to them if they ask questions about the recent news. (They are seven.)

I did watch This is Us this morning, which I love. It's a shame the series is over, but it was so amazing. The writers, actors, and all involved deserve a huge WooHoo!

Have to admit I'm not feeling very WooHoo-ish. I watch my little "niece and nephew" tomorrow after school, and I'm already dreading not knowing what to say to them if they ask questions about the recent news. (They are seven.)

I did watch This is Us this morning, which I love. It's a shame the series is over, but it was so amazing. The writers, actors, and all involved deserve a huge WooHoo!
I totally understand, I’m feeling the same way 😔

View attachment 671582

We made it-halfway through the week-working our way towards a long Holiday weekend!

What’s everyone WhoooooHoooooing this Wednesday??

I have to say I am excited for the next few days to come-DD and I get hair cuts tomorrow night, vacation nails and toes Friday, Saturday I babysit my niece and nephews all day and evening, Monday is my nephews 3rd birthday party which is a Memorial Day picnic/birthday combo…one work day Tuesday then I am off work for 12 DAYS!!! 10 of those days we are vacationing!!! I feel like we are kicking off the summer in a fun way and I am excited for it!!

Can’t wait to hear everyone’s whooohooos today!! Big or small let’s hear them all!!!
Yah for vacations!

I am also not feeling woohoo-ish today. Heavy hearted over the shooting, and that as a country we refuse to do anything about changing. Earlier in the day a couple annoying work things had come up, again things that keep resurfacing and aren't being dealt with. By bedtime I was wound up and angry in a way I haven't been for quite a while.

And then this morning another work thing has come back up again - this is all probably due to the current Mercury retrograde, dragging us backwards over ground we've already covered... but not resolved.

Hmmm... can I dig one positive thing out of the dumper? Tuesday I had my brows micro-bladed for the first time in 5+years. It had been such a slow decline that I didn't think they looked all that bad, but boy what a difference. The first few days they are very "bold", then they kind of fade away then they settle and come back, lookin forward to being in the "settled" stage.

I feel the same as @PollyannaMom. I was with my mom last night right after I heard the news. I can't wait until my kids and mom are done with school. 2 years for my mom and DS and 3 for DD.

When these things happen, my mood is very off. It brings back so many memories for me from 8th grade. There was a 7th grader that brought a gun to school and held up his class. We were put in a lock down and most of my class knew what was going on. It was scary and I was angry that now one said anything. The kid got out of he school and they didn't catch him until later that night. I am very thankful he never shot that gun. Today, I am very back in that day. All the memories come flooding back along with the feelings. I can remember where I was, what was said, kids laughing about it. It brings back those feelings from that day. This happened about 5 years before Columbine. So, today is just an off day. My thoughts and prayers are with the families, friends and community in Texas.

Today , I am going to woohoo spending time with my mom and sister last night. We went to see Downton Abby.

Wahoo I started a medication today so should start feeling better soon. Stupid cold.

We started our day with a staff meeting at school. Just validating any feelings staff might have and reminding everyone of the systems we have in place to keep everyone safe. Gotta tell ya it was a rough day for school personnel. Everyone was calm on the exterior for the students but raging emotions inside. Can't wait for the weekend.

:hug:@piglet1979

Woowhooing is hard for sure right now. Between all the hurt in Buffalo and Texas....then we went by a billboard that lead to a discussion about what abortion is. Regardless of your view point on the subject I think we can all agree a car ride home after track practice is not the place one would expect to have to explain that concept! Talk about out of nowhere!

Not sure if this is a woowhoo as the subject matter is sad but I was able to participate in the BOTG set up. Again regardless on your political stance and opinions on post 9/11 military conflicts it is a moving and humbling experience being able to play a small part in the event set up. Getting that much of my body that close to the ground to adjust laces and placards....its a small sacrifice of course but let me say I am very happy to be stopping by the chiropractor tomorrow. Not to mention climbing the slanted spiral stone staircase at the fort..yikes.
Couple pictures of the incomplete set up. I took from the upper deck of Fort Adam's and another a close up of one of the boots with their placards in place.
And one more to help everyone feel at peace, the view from the upper deck when you turn away from the fort.
20220525_114421.jpg20220525_110139.jpg20220525_113916.jpg

Woowhooing is hard for sure right now. Between all the hurt in Buffalo and Texas....then we went by a billboard that lead to a discussion about what abortion is. Regardless of your view point on the subject I think we can all agree a car ride home after track practice is not the place one would expect to have to explain that concept! Talk about out of nowhere!

Not sure if this is a woowhoo as the subject matter is sad but I was able to participate in the BOTG set up. Again regardless on your political stance and opinions on post 9/11 military conflicts it is a moving and humbling experience being able to play a small part in the event set up. Getting that much of my body that close to the ground to adjust laces and placards....its a small sacrifice of course but let me say I am very happy to be stopping by the chiropractor tomorrow. Not to mention climbing the slanted spiral stone staircase at the fort..yikes.
Couple pictures of the incomplete set up. I took from the upper deck of Fort Adam's and another a close up of one of the boots with their placards in place.
And one more to help everyone feel at peace, the view from the upper deck when you turn away from the fort.
View attachment 671727View attachment 671729View attachment 671730
Absolutely gorgeous! So glad you were able to participate ❤️

43EF0DA1-6AC8-49BF-901B-EADD7B6AEE15.jpeg

Thankful Thursday

Good Morning Friends, Happy to be here with all of you today.

I know we are still all going through so much as we process the tragedy in Texas.

On this Thankful Thursday I am Thankful for my family. Thankful for being able to watch my children grow into adults and teens. I know this is such a blessing.

Lots to be thankful for this Thursday- let’s make it a great one!

Thankful Thursday - I'm reminded of starting a gratitude journal years ago during a scary medical time. The instructions were to look around, or think back over the day, and find five things, no matter how small:

1. my car runs
2. the azalea bush has pretty flowers right now
3. I got a package from Amazon yesterday
4. DS brought said package in without being asked
5. fuzzy blankets

Some good news in this terrible week. It is looking like my work is going to try a trial run of some departments only coming in the office once a week. This is huge for my company. They are still making policies for this so it will be a but of time but I am thinking by the end of the summer this will be in place. I am so excited.

Some good news in this terrible week. It is looking like my work is going to try a trial run of some departments only coming in the office once a week. This is huge for my company. They are still making policies for this so it will be a but of time but I am thinking by the end of the summer this will be in place. I am so exc
Many in my team have been going in to the office Wednesdays, but I haven't started yet because just about every other day we get an alert that someone who was in the office has now tested positive... no thank you.

Some good news in this terrible week. It is looking like my work is going to try a trial run of some departments only coming in the office once a week. This is huge for my company. They are still making policies for this so it will be a but of time but I am thinking by the end of the summer this will be in place. I am so excited.
We started going in one day a week just this week. There are 5 of us on my team and we each had to pick a different day…our management team is in another state…so we each sit alone in the office one day a week now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter