Mazatlan, Mexico

Mazatlan Frank

We are so happy you are back.........
I guess I jumped the barrier in the guidelines. I was advised not to give out my e-mail or my web site so I will try to do strictly information. Unfortunatly my other thread was erased (I can´t find it ) so I will try to repeat the previous information I gave out.
If anyone has any questions from Mazatlan please ask.

I hope I do it right and do not get erased again. Sorry!

Have a great day all of you!

Mazatlan Frank

I thank you very much for putting this thread on line again. Have a great day!

Mazatlan Frank

Hola Frank. Thank you for all your wonderful information about Mazatlan.

My DH is desperate to spend an afternoon (or morning) in a boat, drowning tiny fish, or worms, or whatever, waiting for something to happen. Do you know of any good fishing excursions for him?

Gracias.

Maztalan Frank_ We can still PM you can't we for the info? I visited the website and didn't take the address down.

Sarangel
Thank you very much and I will try to put up some new information about Mazatlan.
About fishing trips, I would need to know if you are coming on the Disney and see about that. Normally people from cruiseships go fishing and get back on time. Let me check out some places and let you know.

lkohawaii:
Thank you and yes, no problem with PM. Hope to hear from you amigo!

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Mazatlan Frank

Mazatlan is an indian word that means Land or Place of the Deer. It is also known as the "Pearl of the Pacific". Officially we have 380,000 people but many books and magazines say 800,000. My personal opinion:600,000 inhabitants. The main industries are:
Tourism, Fishing (mainly shrimp and tuna) and also many manafacture companies, like Pacifico Brewery, Marino coffee, 4 different brands of tuna canneries (Mazatun, Bonatun, Nair and Dolores), ATI printers, Bimbo bakery and many others. So we do not completly depend on tourism, but it does help a lot! We have a lot to offer to the tourists, from beaches to mountains, water parks to aquarium and much more.
I will give you more information further ahead.

If there is some theme in specific you are interested in, please do not hesitate to ask. Have a nice week end!

Mazatlan Frank

About fishing trips, I would need to know if you are coming on the Disney and see about that. Normally people from cruiseships go fishing and get back on time. Let me check out some places and let you know.
Yes, we will be on the Disney Magic starting 7/9/05 (I'm not sure when that gets into Mazatlan). Thanks for anything you can dig up.

Sarangel

I would love to hear if there are any historic (Spanish and/or native) ruins nearby. Also, in my mind's eye, I picture an open-air market. Will I find one to satisfy my inner shopper?

Thanks.
Kelley

Do you know if there are any horseback riding excursions there? My DD is taking horseback riding lessons and can't wait to ride there. She will be 8 years old--some of the other cruiseline websites says they need to be older. However, she is the size of a 10 year old and will have taken lessons for about 10 months by the time we go. Thanks for any information. Did you say you have a website? I would love to see that.

hayesktrm-You have to PM Frank for the website. I think his original thread got erased because he mentioned it and posted it. I don't know how he'd address your question if he had to being that his other thread was taken off.

Maztalan Frank-I think your thread got erased before I could read your answer about shopping. What kind of shopping is there in Maztalan? Doesn't have to be close just that we can get to it and back on the ship in time.

I was out of town a couple of days and could not answer, but I am back! It depends what you are looking for. Downtown (El centro) is where WE shop. They have boutiques, shoe stores, fabric stores, etc. Some arts & crafts at the market but more things in the Golden zone. All the recommended and not recommended stores are there. In a taxi, it takes aprox. 20 minutes from the ship (deppending on the Taxi driver, maybe 5 min., hahahaha). So it is not too far by taxi.

Hope this helps!

Mazatlan Frank

Originally posted by Mazatlan Frank
... Bimbo bakery ...

I didn't realize bimbos came from bakeries. Could you please explain?

:)

Sam

Bimbo bakery is a huge Mexican corporation that is in many different countries, including the USA. It has been selling bread for over 50 years. I once read that it was the 2nd or 3rd largest Bakery in the world. I know there are many meanings for the word, here it is a brand name and I do not know the definition in spanish (of this bakery:) )

I hope this clarifies everything and there is no misunderstandings :) :D ;)

Have a great evening!

Mazatlan Frank

I could not find the thread, haha. I was not available the last two days due to cruise ships we had and I was busy. I was going to set up some more information about Mazatlan that I hope is helpful to all of you. Meanwhile I do that, if you have any questions or a theme you are interested in, please ask here.
Gracias

Mazatlan Frank

Frank...we would love a recommendation on a great restaurant for lunch. Also some info on post office hours, or places to buy stamps while we are there.

Yes, it is a pleasure to give out information. There are many good restaurants. Los Arcos, Shrimp Bucket, Shrimp Factory, etc. My personal favorite is Tony´s on the beach. As the name says it is on the beach and has great food. The menu is from sandwiches, hamburgers to Mexican and Sea Food.
Examples: Sea food platter for 2, 2 lobsters, 6 jumbo shrimp with a soup or salad for each $350pesos (aprox $35us) Mexican plate, chile relleno, quesadilla, taco, burrito, piece of beef, guacamole, rice and beans (for one person) $80 pesos (aprox $8us). Is this good or what? It is excellent.
Post office is downtown by the cathedral. Also in the Golden zone there is a place called Post it next to Baskin robbins and they have stamps too.
Any other questions? please ask.
Have a great day!

Mazatlan Frank

Hi Mazatlan Frank,

My bil and sil went to Mazatlan for their anniversary, they had a wonderful time there. They said that there's more locals there than Cancun, and most didn't speak English, is that right?

They didn't take the cuise, they just flew there and stayed there for a whole week. I was thinking of doing the same thing they did and not do a cruise and only be there for some hours. Wouldn't it be better to stay for the whole week or just a few days to visit all the tourist spots there?

Would you recommend other places to see like Porta Vallarta or Los Cabos or Acapalco? Which one would you recommend? Thanks! I heard Belize is the place to be, is it? Thanks!

Telly

I read about this tour on another ships excursions. What do you think of it? How far away from the port?

Another is the Los Moras Ranch. Can you tell us anything about this also? :wave2:

I have lived in other cities and not only in Mexico, but I always come back to Mazatlan. It is a great place with great friendly people. There could be exceptions of course as anyplace in the world.
About people not speaking English, could be true, although most people in the Golden Zone (Hotel area) have to speak English as we get many American and Canadian tourists.
Mazatlan is a City that needs at least a week to see. There are nice beaches, Mountains close by. We have the modern Hotels as well as Colonial houses.
The cruise ships give us a lot of business and I think it is a great way of seeing different Ports. If you haven´t seen Cabo, PV or Mazatlan it is a great way to travel! Or, if you prefer discovering more of this beautiful city, come down for a week, as you say.
Cabo is nice also, but many people say it is a little Americanized. PV is nice too, I like it. But, of course, I must say I like Mazatlan the best. Hope you visit us and maybe we meet.
If you have aditional questions please go ahead. Have a great weekend!
Mazatlan Frank

Stone Island is not really an Island, it is more like a Penninsula, but everyone calls it that way because the easiest way to get there is by a little water taxi. There are many companies that do Stone Island, and each one probably does the tour different. Normally they take you on a catamaran for around an hour and a half around the Port and lighthouse. They have an open bar on board. Then you go to Stone Island and they have activities at the beach. You also have lunch there. Another way of going there is with Randi and her happy horses, she is great and fun.
Las Moras ranch is nice also, but if the cruiseship does not have the tour, there might not be anyone else doing it. If they do (cruiseship), it is a very nice tour where you learn a littlle History and you have time to go into the pool and ride horses. It is not a very popular tour with non-cruiseship people for some reason. I would choose one of the 2 first choices personally.
Hope this helps you. Have a great weekend!
Mazatlan Frank

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter