Mazatlan, Mexico

They are excellent chocolates and nuts. How about trading macadamias for Jalapeños? hahahaha :rotfl2:
I guess not! :confused3

Mazatlan Frank

Mazatlan Frank said:
They are excellent chocolates and nuts. How about trading macadamias for Jalapeños? hahahaha :rotfl2:
I guess not! :confused3

Mazatlan Frank

Not for Jalapenos..but maybe for some more of that sweet shrimp.

Yay! I am going with Randi and Frank in Febuary! Thanks everyone for your help.

Debbie

I saw this thread pop up and wanted to give an update to what I had asked.

Frank, we loved Mazatlan. I thought it was beautiful!

We took your advice and went to Tonys, or so we tried. Since we werent too familiar with where we were going we ended up walking thorugh the little alley way to get to the beach area and we were descended upon by 2 waiters. They were like vultures, rattling off menus and both pushing at us. What we later realized was one was from Tonys and the other was from Chilis Pepper next door and they both wanted our business.

The guy from Chilis Pepper ended up getting us to go to their side. I guess he was more pushy, LOL! At any rate, they had great Margaritas, werent too pushy with the drinks, once we were seated at their table on the beach, and for a beach restaurant's restroom it was pretty decent (that was a concern of mine, not having a restroom for all of us).

The view there with the mountains in the back was gorgeous and the water was great. I'm one of those people who is usually grossed out by whats in the ocean and wont go in over my ankles, but I was in waist deep here having a ball with the kids in the waves. the only reason I got out was because I landed on a big rock and bruised the arch of my foot(the massage therapist noticed the bruise the next day, LOL).

If I were to go back to Mazatlan, I would definitely go back to this area again, and try to get to Tonys next time. ;)

pppiglet said:
Yay! I am going with Randi and Frank in Febuary! Thanks everyone for your help.

Debbie
All right!!!! Did you book with both of them already. I know if you do it early enough they'll arrange it so you can do both. Are you taking Frank's open air bus?

Yep...I'm booked and can't wait to go! Think we're taking the van though.

pppiglet said:
Yep...I'm booked and can't wait to go! Think we're taking the van though.

Make sure you confirm the time with Randi. We had fun riding with her a couple of weeks ago but because DD and I were the only ones from the Magic we ended up waiting about an hour for the Carnival Pride riders. My DD16 would have rather slept an additional hour. We did have a good time visiting with Frank while we waited for our riding excursion to begin. Frank sure is a very nice guy!!

It has been a few weeks since the Magic left us :guilty: and we feel lonesome.... At this moment only the Carnival Pride is coming. We all hope that the Magic comes back with all you nice people. I enjoyed meeting all of you, some personally, some with Randi and some just writing. I know that the Magic is coming back for a while at least, but if any of you have a question about Mazatlan please ask. I enjoy answering.

All of you, have a great week!

Mazatlan Frank

Hi Frank ~ I have been meaning to write and say "THANK YOU" for the great day we had while visiting your city and the wonderful tour you gave us....I have some great photos and am currently getting all my photos into a new scrapbook - I've done 30 pages so far and just half-way thru Puerto Vallarta. So once i get to Mazatlan, I will PM you - as I didnt' write down some of the names of the statues near the malecon and I would like to journal more about those as they have such an important meaning to the history of Mazatlan....again - we thank you very much for a great tour...and I would highly recommend you to any future visitors to your city. We too hope the Magic comes back to the West Coast!!! Brenda & Ryan

I thank you so much for your comments. This is what I work for, I love meeting people and taking them around my beautiful City and my main satisfaction is that everyone is happy. Please email me the pictures and I will tel you what they are and the story also, if they have one. I appreciate all that you said and I would like to say that it was an Honor meeting you and Ryan! Have a great week amigos!

Mazatlan Frank

Frank-it's also getting lonely here not getting updates to your thread. I guess I'll just have to wait until Ppiglet comes to meet you at last. Maybe she'll post stuff here.

Sorry amiga about the updates. I have said so many things that I am not sure about what I can say. I would prefer if someone comes out with questions. This way I know exactly what I have to answer. So please come up with the questions amigos!

All the best to you!

Mazatlan Frank

If anyone hears that the rumor we have been hearing is true, please update me. We are all hoping that the Magic returns to this side and if they start with the new ship, we would have the Magic pemanent. That would make everybody happy. I think the Magic on the Mexican Riviera this year was very succesful!

Mazatlan Frank

Mazatlan Frank said:
If anyone hears that the rumor we have been hearing is true, please update me. We are all hoping that the Magic returns to this side and if they start with the new ship, we would have the Magic pemanent. That would make everybody happy. I think the Magic on the Mexican Riviera this year was very succesful!

Mazatlan Frank

I've heard that rumor about a 3rd ship and the Magic coming to CA - as well as a 4th ship....one to be named the Disney "Dream" - but nothing definite that i know of....if anything comes my way - i'll be sure to forward to you! I also heard that the Magic would just be coming back to CA in 2007 so not sure if that was dependent on a 3rd ship or not....so let's keep fingers crossed.....
Brenda

Thanks alot Brenda for the quick response. I have heard the same rumors except the one about a 4th ship. Wow!!!! That would be so nice. I think they need it because I have heard that they book very well!

We shall stay in touch.

Mazatlan Frank

Somebody post exactly what the rumor is. If they come to the West Coast again...I have hope that they may even go to Alaska one day. I know 2007 rates are supposed to be coming out in early Oct. Maybe they'll announce something then.

We sure hope that the rumor is true! We will keep on waiting for information!

Mazatlan Frank

Frank. We might be interested in renting a house near the El Cid area for next spring break or even early summer of 2006. It must have access to the El Cid pools and resort. First week of June. I know this is a really far time in the future. However as we get more dates I might see if you can locate a nice house for us to rent. Only a family of four. So it could be a small house. Would be interested in doing a old Mexico tour, horse back riding, and other adventures. Maybe for about 5 to 7 nights.

Hola Mazatlan Frank:

Sorry for the delay in thanking you for such a wonderful tour of Mazatlan.

Cecilia and I look forward to visiting your city again.

Regards,

Arlene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter