Mazatlan, Mexico

Ha well such is life. The bee sting is all better now and I had a story to tell!!
We had the Imperial platter. Very good. And don't forget the margarita!!!uummmm
It was so hot and humid the day we were there it really hit the spot.
Thanks again Frank for the wonderful tour.
Yes Matt and his friends (and ours) are still laughing about the 3 for 1 beer holder.
Take it easy.. :wave:
Michele

Anyone on DCL's West Coast Cruise who is interested in Tequilla...you have to go to a factory called Leyva. Now that my friend (Dawn) is back and we've given out the Tequilla to people here they all say it is the best. This Tequilla comes from Puerto Vallarta.
I think maybe Frank has a friend who's a tour guide there. We met a really nice tour guide there right at the docs but I can't remember his name. I have a picture of him if anyone wants to take the picture to the taxis at the docks. I'm sure they know the guy. Too bad Frank couldn't just hop aboard the Magic and be the tour guide in all 3 ports.

Frank-How many more weeks does the Magic come to visit you? Just to let you know I didn't forget about your favor..it's just that my computer still hasn't been returned from the repair shop...still typing on a slow old one.

drlum
Well you are almost here. You can probably smell the food already!

mgm61
Happy you are better. I guess back to regular life by now. I hope you come down for a longer time next time. Keep up with the 3 x 1 happy hour! haha!

lkohawaii
Tequila is good for sure! There are so many brands of tequila in Mexico. It would be nice if you could sample each one :rotfl2: But I guess that your eyes would go :earseek: hahaha.
Sorry about your computer. It is terrible when things happen to them. We only have 3 more visits from the Magic and we will be crying :sad: :sad:
It is the 3rd, 10th and 17 of August till who knows when :confused3
I hope that they repeat next year in summer.

I met so many nice people like those who are reading this thread!

Mazatlan Frank

I guess after Aug. I'll have to visit you via cruise critic, I'm waiting to hear that you won the lottery and are opening your dream B @ B. Did you get your new van yet? Keep us posted.
If you see Randi tell her Dawn and my DH are wearing her shirts all over Hawaii...maybe you should have made shirts too Frank. :wizard:

lkohawaii said:
I guess after Aug. I'll have to visit you via cruise critic, I'm waiting to hear that you won the lottery and are opening your drem B @ B. Did you get your new van yet? Keep us posted.
If you see Randi tell her Dawn and my DH are wearing her shirts all over Hawaii...maybe you should have made shirts too Frank. :wizard:

may i ask you about Randi's shirts...did they come in children sizes? and were they still $5, as i've read elsewhere? thanx! :flower:

rsjj said:
may i ask you about Randi's shirts...did they come in children sizes? and were they still $5, as i've read elsewhere? thanx! :flower:
When we visited Randi in June she couldn't get them in Children's sizes. They would be cute for kid's though. The horse is kind of cartoon looking. They were still $5 and of good quality. If you want her to bring them I would e mail her and remind her to bring them. I don't think she originally had them when we got to Victor's but she went somewhere and got some. She might have been limited on sizes too...not sure. I know when we went my DH bought all the XL shirts that she had.

Frank...I think if Randi's shirts are this popular you need to get you some shirts too that say Maztalan Frank.

I actually have thought of it a while ago. Now, I am thinking about it again. Who knows, maybe I start my own chain of stores like the Sr Frogs official stores, hahahaha :rotfl2:

Nice to hear from you!

Mazatlan Frank

Frank-Randi says that's the best form of advertisment. Yes....one day we'll all be waiting to get to the Maztlan Frank store. You can do it! :maleficen

Make sure to keep us informed if you do make them. I want one and probably Dawn too.

lkohawaii said:
When we visited Randi in June she couldn't get them in Children's sizes. They would be cute for kid's though. The horse is kind of cartoon looking. They were still $5 and of good quality. If you want her to bring them I would e mail her and remind her to bring them. I don't think she originally had them when we got to Victor's but she went somewhere and got some. She might have been limited on sizes too...not sure. I know when we went my DH bought all the XL shirts that she had.

Frank...I think if Randi's shirts are this popular you need to get you some shirts too that say Maztalan Frank.

thanx! will email her about shirts! good point! :flower:

I'm packing for our trip...we're on the Aug 6 sailing...and hope that we have wonderful weather. I hoping we can join your city tour...just have to convince my daughter that she needs to see something besides beaches and swimming pools! It sounds like everyone enjoys your tours! :cool1: We need a smile with a Sombero for this itinerary!

I sent you a PM- I wish you a great cruise! I hope that we can meet when you arrive to this beautiful Port. We are sad though, only two more trips to go! I hope that the summer was a success and that they leave the Magic on this coast by next year or the following.

Mazatlan Frank

Mazatlan Frank said:
I sent you a PM- I wish you a great cruise! I hope that we can meet when you arrive to this beautiful Port. We are sad though, only two more trips to go! I hope that the summer was a success and that they leave the Magic on this coast by next year or the following.

Mazatlan Frank

we wish!! we're on our way, in a week & a half! :flower:

CAMom said:
I'm packing for our trip...we're on the Aug 6 sailing...and hope that we have wonderful weather. I hoping we can join your city tour...just have to convince my daughter that she needs to see something besides beaches and swimming pools! It sounds like everyone enjoys your tours! :cool1: We need a smile with a Sombero for this itinerary!
If it's beaches your DD wants to see...I hate to say it but Maztalan's beaches weren't the nicest....the nicest ones I saw were in Cabo. Of course I'm surrounded by beaches everyday so maybe my expectations are very high. We don't regret going with Frank for the afternoon. He took us to parts of mexico we would have never seen. The market was a true experience..too bad we didn't stay longer.

The market was a true experience..too bad we didn't stay longer.

That is what the word coming back means! Amiga, you and your family must come back. You have many excuses to do that. One of them is that we meet again! I hope that happens! It was so nice to take you around, my pleasure!

Have a great Sunday!

Mazatlan Frank

I have read many questions about the Pacifico Brewery and I would like to add a little information about it.
Cerveceria del Pacifico was started by three Germans on the 14th of March, 1900. They owned the Brewery until the second world war. They sold it to Mr. Fuentevilla, a Mazatlan local. He owned it untill 1954 when he sold it to Grupo Modelo. They are the makers also of Modelo, Negra Modelo, Corona, Victoria, Estrella, Montejo and I think one or two more brands. They have 3 presentations bottled in Mazatlan, Ballena (Whale), which is one liter, Media (regular size) and Cuartito (baby bottles). The Pacifico beer that is exported, is made and bottled in Mazatlan also. The alcohol content in Mexico is less then 4.5%. The export beer is less then 3.5%, except for Europe which is less then 5.5%. The reason is the different regulations of the Countries. They also Can Pacifico. It is canned in Ciudad Obregon, Sonora and is sold only in Mexico.
If you go to the Brewery, normally you must reserve ahead of time. They are always booked. I do tell you that you must wear closed shoes (no sandals), long pants (women also), no big bags or no cameras allowed either. They have many regulations and they do have their reasons. For example the shoes and pants is because when you walk thru the plant, you are not behind a glass window, like other breweries, you are right by the production line! So every rule has its reason.
If you go there, enjoy it, the samples are great!!!!!

I love going there! hahahaha :rotfl2:

Have fun!

Mazatlan Frank

Frank. We will be seeing you DocDisney on August 17. What is the weather like now. Can you email on Thursday what the forcast is for the next few days.

Also what time should my family and I meet you on the dock. We are the family of 8 adults, 2 kids, and 2 infants. We were going to go shopping in town then to the beach and Tony's for lunch then the City tour.

We were thinking a little earlier so we have more time to shopping and walking around. Also my brother in law really wants to see the cliff divers. Will we be seeing them on the City tour in the afternoon. Or should we try to see it in the morning when we are shopping.

Look forward to meeting you. Only about one and a half weeks until we meet.

hola. I did want to know if you have any restaurant recommendations in Cabo San Lucas. Or if you know of good shops to visit. I know PV pretty well since we have been there before. See you soon. P.S. how is the weather today.

It is a bright and sunny day in San Bruno, CA. However in SF it is always a little foggy during the summer.

Cabo has some good restaurants. I lived there about 6 years ago. In those days the shrimp factory was very good! I also liked the Shrimp bucket. I am not sure now. I also liked The Office which is on the beach.
The weather in Mazatlan today was quite warm, yesterday was better. It has not rained in several days, so that is good. We had a nice blue sky today! The Disney was in port and next week it is the last one :guilty:

Mazatlan Frank

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter