"MB Themes--- ( or.. "when your "real" names get boring"

tinkerhon

DIS Veteran
Just arrived ---- this years theme --- ( would love to hear other ideas/names !!!)

14938174_10207520964769134_2550511247167727347_n.jpg

That's cute!

Not really a theme, but Dh put Urple on his first purple band. And Farquat on another. And his normal nickname (Twitch) on all of the others. Mine are my real name. Boring. lol

We were the Griswolds last February! :D We've done favorite ride, star wars characters, favorite characters, the sensational six. This trip we're doing favorite Disney treat so mine is DolWhpLvr :rotfl:

That's cute!

Not really a theme, but Dh put Urple on his first purple band. And Farquat on another. And his normal nickname (Twitch) on all of the others. Mine are my real name. Boring. lol

Thanks !! Last year we were Rudolph , Frosty, Clarice---- and got DW the Grinch. :))

Urple --- love it !!

We were the Griswolds last February! :D We've done favorite ride, star wars characters, favorite characters, the sensational six. This trip we're doing favorite Disney treat so mine is DolWhpLvr :rotfl:

No way !!??? Love your ideas !! We might just do Star Wars next trip ! The CMs get a kick out of them !!

No way !!??? Love your ideas !! We might just do Star Wars next trip ! The CMs get a kick out of them !!

Which name actually name shows up to the CM when you use your mb? I always thought naming the bands was just "decorative" and the CM wouldn't have any idea what is on the inside, I am confused now!

My kids have done nicknames with their cousins on the MB itself but I thought your real DME name showed up to the CM when you tap - regardless of what name you put on the band? I was thinking of using initials and a date going forward so we could eventually discard older bands but I don't want to be called ....TJ March 17 LOL

This past June we were The King. Uncle Drew and Swish.
When we went last year as a 16th b-day trip we did Mom, Grandma, Twin A and Twin B.....just like when they were born. They didn't think it was as funny as I did. LOL

Last edited:
This trip my boys (16 & 14) chose nicknames and then without telling DH we named him Old Man and I'm Queen Bee!

Our original ones we just got our names, but on our renewal ones we put Pirate and Gypsy, the characters we play at the renaissance festival.

My kids choose their own but my husband and I like to choose names together. We were Tarzan and Jane in 2015 and Hercules and Megara in 2016. For 2017 we are thinking Carl and Ellie, or maybe Tramp and Lady?

Which name actually name shows up to the CM when you use your mb? I always thought naming the bands was just "decorative" and the CM wouldn't have any idea what is on the inside, I am confused now!

My kids have done nicknames with their cousins on the MB itself but I thought your real DME name showed up to the CM when you tap - regardless of what name you put on the band? I was thinking of using initials and a date going forward so we could eventually discard older bands but I don't want to be called ....TJ March 17 LOL

Not sure, but we usually refer to each other as the fake name when we have to tap the band, and then take a sec and show them to the CMs ( after their look of confusion -- lol)

My friend and I did a Harry Potter theme when we went in May for a combo Disney/Universal trip. It was actually really hard to narrow down the names, but we ended up deciding on Remus & Sirius!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter