MDE App Update & Recent “Refresh” Changes Discussion (we’re not doomed!)

I've been playing around with the new app (updated on Android) and refreshing for FP's. My recommendation would be to not update the app if at all possible.

I’ve been playing around with a Splash FP for tonight and it is painfully slow, keeps giving error messages, etc.

Ok, so here are my findings so far with regards to searching for FP's (and I have already emailed Disney with my feedback).

Personally I have found the app super fast which is awesome!! Previously I would get about 25-30 refreshes per minute and with the update I have easily been over 40/minute.

1) Huge problem is that when you search for a FP and it shows up you have a very high chance of still not getting it (if we're looking for FP's without great availability). When you refresh and see a ride/time that you want previously you would click on it and be all good. Now it runs what appears to be a second search/refresh once you select it and you may still lose the FP. I have been hitting the time in under a second from the FP showing up and missing far more than I get for hard to get rides even in that 1 second time. If you have to scroll at all it becomes even harder because that takes another second or two.

2) If you are modifying and two times show up, you click on the time you want, and it goes to the confirmation screen...watch that screen CAREFULLY!! Let's say a 2:00PM and a 10:00PM time show up and you choose the 2:00. If that FP is now no longer available it will automatically choose the 10PM FP for you and go to the confirmation screen with the 10PM FP selected. There will be a notice at the top that they have chosen a different time for you but if you are going quickly or only half paying attention that can easily be missed.

3) When modifying, when you select a new time the confirmation screen just keeps spinning and never confirms the new choice. Do not panic. Just click on My Plans and you will see the new FP has replaced the old one even though you never got it to show the confirmation.

These are just a few quick things I have found while testing out the new app. Expect a lot of frustration if they do not make any changes.

Well, it's not just the app. The same is happening across all platforms (I haven't been able to test iPhone but for desktop and mobile site it's the same as the new app).

Ok, so here are my findings so far with regards to searching for FP's (and I have already emailed Disney with my feedback).

Personally I have found the app super fast which is awesome!! Previously I would get about 25-30 refreshes per minute and with the update I have easily been over 40/minute.

1) Huge problem is that when you search for a FP and it shows up you have a very high chance of still not getting it (if we're looking for FP's without great availability). When you refresh and see a ride/time that you want previously you would click on it and be all good. Now it runs what appears to be a second search/refresh once you select it and you may still lose the FP. I have been hitting the time in under a second from the FP showing up and missing far more than I get for hard to get rides even in that 1 second time. If you have to scroll at all it becomes even harder because that takes another second or two.

2) If you are modifying and two times show up, you click on the time you want, and it goes to the confirmation screen...watch that screen CAREFULLY!! Let's say a 2:00PM and a 10:00PM time show up and you choose the 2:00. If that FP is now no longer available it will automatically choose the 10PM FP for you and go to the confirmation screen with the 10PM FP selected. There will be a notice at the top that they have chosen a different time for you but if you are going quickly or only half paying attention that can easily be missed.

3) When modifying, when you select a new time the confirmation screen just keeps spinning and never confirms the new choice. Do not panic. Just click on My Plans and you will see the new FP has replaced the old one even though you never got it to show the confirmation.

These are just a few quick things I have found while testing out the new app. Expect a lot of frustration if they do not make any changes.

I have an AP and a trip in 11 days so I’ve been playing around with refreshing and modifying. I am having the exact same problems. Very frustrating to have something pop up and you select it, and then it’s not available. I sure hope they fix this.

I have an AP and a trip in 11 days so I’ve been playing around with refreshing and modifying. I am having the exact same problems. Very frustrating to have something pop up and you select it, and then it’s not available. I sure hope they fix this.

Same issue with my AP and refreshing today. This was even happpening before I update my app. I updated hoping it would fix the issue.

Last edited:
I go in 2 days and there is no update on my ipad or iphone. I screen shot my plans but the app wont make any dining or fast pass ressies. I tried the website and they have ducked out! Hope it gets fixed real soon!

I don't trust my App to do anything when I'm not in WDW. When making changes or ressies, I rely on my laptop or desktop.

I called Disney to mention the concern with the system, across all platforms, not holding FP's for even 1 second for you. That by the time you scroll down to something like 7DMT, or even just hit the button on a tier 1 at the top of the screen, it will nearly always be gone. She asked that I submit feedback through the app. Please take the time to send feedback that when you find a FP you can't get it even when you click on it immediately.

That’s how MaxPass functions at DLand.

Available FPs pop up and if someone else selects them before you can tap, they’re gone.

Interesting. Does MaxPass show "all" the times available? That is one thing very annoying about MDE, where it just shows some random selection of times. Depending on how they code 'who sees what', this new change could make life "refreshing" very difficult.

I called Disney to mention the concern with the system, across all platforms, not holding FP's for even 1 second for you. That by the time you scroll down to something like 7DMT, or even just hit the button on a tier 1 at the top of the screen, it will nearly always be gone. She asked that I submit feedback through the app. Please take the time to send feedback that when you find a FP you can't get it even when you click on it immediately.

Thanks for taking one for the team. I cannot imagine calling in and trying to explain this to CMs that don't often know the very basics of MDE. I will submit feedback via the app.

Interesting. Does MaxPass show "all" the times available? That is one thing very annoying about MDE, where it just shows some random selection of times. Depending on how they code 'who sees what', this new change could make life "refreshing" very difficult.
MaxPass shows the earliest time, not a variety, available for FPs in your chosen park

After using a few morning FPs in DCA, we then looked for DL and the earliest HM was for 7:30p. We booked it and then every 90 minutes we could book and use/save additional FPs. By having HM late in the day, we could stack our FPs - between 8:30p and 10:00p, we had 4 sets of FPs to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter