MDE App Update & Recent “Refresh” Changes Discussion (we’re not doomed!)

Playing around again this morning. I am no longer getting the "something went wrong" message at the bottom of the screen. However, it is SO SLOW. It is taking 3-5 seconds to "check availability" while I am trying to modify and absolutely nothing else is coming up for Thunder. It keeps giving me 9:15pm over and over and I know that isn't how it used to be. I can't remember ever getting just one time over and over and I travel during peak times.

ETA: I am having better luck with Splash, but again the same 3 times over and over and it is loading so slowly.

Everyone can keep saying it's a glitch, but I honestly don't think it is. They are working on changing the system.

I hope I am wrong and I will gladly eat crow if so.
I really, really hope it is a glitch. It’s stalling for a few seconds when I’m searching for a FP. Also, when I try and modify a time and decide to choose a different ride, if I try to back out to keep my original choice, it won’t let me, so I have to force close the app and start over again.

I’m on old app playing around. So far I can easily get the earlier time but if I am modifying an experience, I cannot “back out” once I select that time and am in the option screen to take it. I either have to take it or close app. This would be problematic if it had given me one of those later times I really don’t want.

ETA: just like elle101me said. Guess I should read all posts!!!

I'm playing around with it as well, and it definitely is still doable, but it's a lot harder now. They seem to be tweaking it, so who knows where it will end up as far as timing. Any line about them trying to make it "more fair" is silly, because now it relies a lot more on someone's connection speed and how new a phone you have. You have to be fast and not picky and not try to actually read the return time, just snag it. lol

I really, really hope it is a glitch. It’s stalling for a few seconds when I’m searching for a FP. Also, when I try and modify a time and decide to choose a different ride, if I try to back out to keep my original choice, it won’t let me, so I have to force close the app and start over again.
This is exactly what I found also. I got Thunder, no problems. When I tried to modify it, I selected 8:05. Then it said that time was no longer available and offered another, later time. My only option was to save changes or shut down the app. I’m going to call the number the CM gave me when I chatted with him on the app last night. To me it seems like you had better be darn sure what you want and when you want it when booking a day of FP because modifying is a nightmare.

A few seconds ago, at least 3 times for TSMM and 2 times for AS2 appeared (first try, no refreshing, did not refresh to try for SDD). When I selected a TSMM time, the next screen gave me the “this time isn’t available, we selected the next one” (paraphrasing) message, and had me confirm that I wanted that time, which was 10 minutes later than the original time I selected.

Maaaaaaaybe something’s been adjusted here since yesterday? Fingers crossed, because that’s a good start.

I'm playing around with it as well, and it definitely is still doable, but it's a lot harder now. They seem to be tweaking it, so who knows where it will end up as far as timing. Any line about them trying to make it "more fair" is silly, because now it relies a lot more on someone's connection speed and how new a phone you have. You have to be fast and not picky and not try to actually read the return time, just snag it. lol

I know my internet speed isn't a problem, especially since I am practically on top of my router lol.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus and have never had any issues with it. I'm going to ask my husband to try on his Samsung phone later. His is newer than mine.

Mine doesn’t show an update (iphone) and the old version of the app won’t let me modify any of my FP+. I actually have one that I’ve been trying to move but none of them will open, just get the something went wrong message.

This is heartbreaking and also inexcusable. Playing around with it now and they’ve clearly made an update completely broken. I can not modify, I cannot back out of screens without force closing the app, I have yet to successfully get an earlier time on a popular attraction that shows. If I were in the parks now I’d be raising hell at first services. It’s not hyperbole to say based on how we tour this would absolutely destroy our day if the app were like this. This is by far the worst I’ve ever seen the app and cannot believe that even Disney wouldnpit thisnoit there. There are so many glitches beyond the question of dynamic availability that one has to seriously wonder whether anyone at Disney responsible for this cares about the guest experience at all.

I scheduled an evening SDD today. When refreshing finally shows an earlier time and I select it-- I get the "I'm sorry, no more times available message--Pick a new experience" window.

It’s sure not better for me. Got this but of course when I clicked on it, wasn’t available. I’m not at the parks, but it has to be incredibly frustrating for anyone that is.upload_2019-3-31_9-4-58.png

I was able to grab a single fastpass for SDD today. Now I’m going to attempt to move it. We’ll see how that goes.

After reading about the refresh method, testing it out and seeing how well it worked, I almost decided to change my tried and true strategy of booking afternoon FPS for the park we hop to. I’m so glad I chickened out. No way I’m fighting this in the parks. ive found 4 SDD fp in about 10 minutes and wasn’t able to get a single one. Same thing with TSMM.

Has anyone noticed this??

Playing around and trying to book a FP at DHS today (AP holder). Saucers comes up at 3:40. I select, it’s gone. Choose a new experience. Ok. Saucers at 3:40 comes up again. I select, it’s gone. Choose a new experience. Ok. Saucers at 3:40 comes up AGAIN. Three times in a row but it’s unavailable when I select it. This can’t really be because my finger isn’t fast enough, correct??? Something else must be going on here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter