• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MDE down???

Do you think doing screenshots of all ADR's, Fasspasses and tickets would work incase of another crash? I have saved everything this time but wondering if the CM's would take the screenshot as proof.

i still can't get in :( even had coworker download app on iphone in case (i have an android). all telling me no-go.
20171019_101231.jpg

Do you think doing screenshots of all ADR's, Fasspasses and tickets would work incase of another crash? I have saved everything this time but wondering if the CM's would take the screenshot as proof.

Someone has reported that all lines are Stand-by only so in the case of FPs it doesn't sound like it would make a difference if they handled things this way.

It should help you with ADRs though.

At Eat to the Beat a couple of years ago, the CMs’ iPads weren’t working to check people into the FP area. They asked everyone in line to pull up their FPs - I had a screenshot and was allowed in before anyone else could even access their MDEs.

With a Resort-wide crash, that probably wouldn’t work because Guests who had FPs but couldn’t prove it would revolt.

I also screenshot ADRs as it speeds up the entrance process at Resorts... rather than giving all the details, I just hold up my phone.

I cannot IMAGINE how much it's going to take to clean up after all of this.

If the ADR system is down, are people needing to pay for dining out of pocket right now then will need to meet with Guest Services to get credited back against their dining credits and paid back for cash out of pocket?

Someone has posted they cannot check into their room. (UPDATE: They're checked in now)

Can room assigners not do their normal jobs to prepare for tomorrow, later this week....

SO many unanswered questions.

Working in IT we all know this can happen and there are disaster recovery plans in place I'm sure to recover back to stored information on back-ups (which may affect those who have recently booked things) but it's the current and moving forward that is the unknown too. Oye, I do not envy those working in Disney IT right now! You gotta know a lot of people are doing there very best to get everything back up ASAP!!!

Yes, take screenshots, not only for backup but for reference for you during the day so you don't have to continually log into MDE to check plans.

What has happened to us was a glitch on a smaller scale. The CM at the ride was of no help, so on the way out of the park I went to guest services. I showed them my printout and explained the problem. They gave me what I call a golden ticket - the ride anything fast pass. They wrote it so that we could ride that ride anytime in the next 3 days (I think it was 3). Some sort of proof isn't a guarantee to a solution, but it can help.

I can pull everything up on the MDE app, but when I actually get to the switching ADR portion (want to switch from Yak & Yeti to Tusker House), it tells me there is a technical difficulty.

I can pull everything up on the MDE app, but when I actually get to the switching ADR portion (want to switch from Yak & Yeti to Tusker House), it tells me there is a technical difficulty.

That's the same issue I've been having with trying to switch times. Ugh!

I think this started yesterday to some extent. I tried purchasing annual passes online and it kept saying my cart was empty. I chatted with the online guest relations and she said an IT work order was created. Then DVC member services told me it was just a problem purchasing annual passes with the DVC discount. However, it progressively got worse during the day yesterday and into this morning with more things going down on the website including MDE. It was definitely not a planned event in my opinion.

I think this started yesterday to some extent. I tried purchasing annual passes online and it kept saying my cart was empty. I chatted with the online guest relations and she said an IT work order was created. Then DVC member services told me it was just a problem purchasing annual passes with the DVC discount. However, it progressively got worse during the day yesterday and into this morning with more things going down on the website including MDE. It was definitely not a planned event in my opinion.
Any chance that the concierge services would be able to make changes or is it down for them too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter