Mediterranean Cruise Room Availability

I had been planning on the 7 night med cruise out of Rome in June and after looking at flight prices, I just couldn't stomach it. Airfare this summer is rough.
So, you have to consider that 2024 European travel is going to be an issue. This is mainly due to the Summer Olympics being in Paris.

Essentially, air around that time is/was crazy enough, but the secondary effect is that it pushed regular European travel to dates outside of the Olympics, increasing those prices as well, so it's had a ripple effect throughout the whole summer. I mean, there is only a finite supply of air available at any time and with the demand so high this summer, it is what it is.

I think that 2025 will be better for air (but, as always, I could be wrong...)

Why so combative? Yes I’m serious. I didn’t say you were wrong about Disney overpricing the European cruises. In fact, I’m counting on it (we’re planning to go next June and are waiting to book until military discounts drop). No need to be so snippy.
I'm not being snippy, but not enough kids being out of school has nothing to do with the cruises not selling. More than enough kids in the US are out of school at that time. It's just too expensive. I think you may see military discounts or some form of discounts all Summer long minus the short cruises that the Brits book. Next year could be even less affordable for people.

So, you have to consider that 2024 European travel is going to be an issue. This is mainly due to the Summer Olympics being in Paris.

Essentially, air around that time is/was crazy enough, but the secondary effect is that it pushed regular European travel to dates outside of the Olympics, increasing those prices as well, so it's had a ripple effect throughout the whole summer. I mean, there is only a finite supply of air available at any time and with the demand so high this summer, it is what it is.

I hadn’t thought of this - one can hope!

Why would that affect airfare outside of Paris and LHR. The time of the Olympics is generally not a busy time for flights to Europe. Things usually start slowing down in August.

Why would that affect airfare outside of Paris and LHR. The time of the Olympics is generally not a busy time for flights to Europe. Things usually start slowing down in August.
It’s not so much when the Olympics are as that people are purposely moving travel outside that timeframe. Also, the Olympics actually are starting in July this year, so it’s right at the end of the peak season. Another factor is that the games aren’t just in Paris, many of the venues are spread out across France, so it is affecting a lot across the country.

For a lot of tourists heading there, the effect is that a good bit of hotel space, etc is eaten up, so they are deciding to go elsewhere. More, “hey, let’s avoid all that going on in France and go to Italy instead”, which in turn drives up the demand in Italy. Or, hey, let’s go in June instead of July…

That’s what I meant by the “ripple” effect that the games are having on European travel.

Well, a lot of flights to Europe are through the hubs of various European airlines. BA, AF, KLM and LH the biggest players. But also the smaller ones will be affected.

Also, especially early August is still prime tourist season for Europeans. I can tell you that buying plane tickets from Europe to USA June is usually cheaper than August. Availability and pricing is determined by demand from both sides. Even though prices from Europe are usually about 30-40% cheaper than the other way around.

It’s not so much when the Olympics are as that people are purposely moving travel outside that timeframe. Also, the Olympics actually are starting in July this year, so it’s right at the end of the peak season. Another factor is that the games aren’t just in Paris, many of the venues are spread out across France, so it is affecting a lot across the country.

For a lot of tourists heading there, the effect is that a good bit of hotel space, etc is eaten up, so they are deciding to go elsewhere. More, “hey, let’s avoid all that going on in France and go to Italy instead”, which in turn drives up the demand in Italy. Or, hey, let’s go in June instead of July…

That’s what I meant by the “ripple” effect that the games are having on European travel.
I think flights are going high because of economic conditions. Look around,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter