Mediterranean Excursions

mickeyfanmom

DIS Veteran
Hello out there! I have been working a lot and haven't been on the boards as much as usual. :sad2:

What is the word on possible Med. excursions? Has anyone heard when they are going to be announced or -even better- what they will be?

Also, I have heard of people arranging side trips to Paris through DCL. I am not interested in visiting DLP, just Paris in general. How is their pricing? Pretty competitive or normal Disney mark-up?

Any information is appreciated! :thumbsup2

Hi,

I dont think anything has been announced from DCL yet. :confused3

Our cruise meet thread is a brilliant group and we have put together a lot of info including details of DLP, train links between barcelona and DLP, excursions, book reviews etc. If you look at page 1 on the following thread, under Meet and Itinerary info. (28th July 2007)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1064311&page=1

Hope this helps
;)

Hi mickeyfanmom - as far as I know, there haven't been any excursions announced yet. I'm eager to start plannng them for our 7-7-07 trip, too! :)

DCL has a list of people who have expressed an interest in adding on a DLP side trip, including my family! When I called DCL last week to add DS to our reservation, the cm said they still hadn't finalized any details, dates, or pricing on that, yet.

I'm definitely going to stay tuned to these boards... I'm sure that when the info does become available, this will be the best place to hear about it! :thumbsup2

See ya onboard!

Based on past experiences with DCL, I wouldn't expect this information to be released until very close to the 105 day mark for concierge guests. You are going to be much better prepared by keeping up with the DIS groups for these cruises. :)

Thanks Everyone! :sunny:

I know that this is the very best place to go for info.! Whenever anyone hears anything at all on this topic- just give a shout out! Thanks! :thumbsup2

Does anyone think that the excursions for ALL the cruises will be posted at the same time? I am on the 14 day repo then back to back the 11 day Med. I am hoping to get some feel for the money I will need to set aside...any comments?

Any word on the number of formal and other speciality nights? We had 2 formal nights on the Panama cruise...

I've been wondering about specialty nights, too....? You would think they would have a French dinner, Italian, etc. Pirates in the Mediterranean? Padalyn, you said you were on the Panama. Did they have themed nights keeping with that area? (I'm sorry, I haven't read about the other special cruises...)

"
I've been wondering about specialty nights, too....? You would think they would have a French dinner, Italian, etc. Pirates in the Mediterranean? Padalyn, you said you were on the Panama. Did they have themed nights keeping with that area? (I'm sorry, I haven't read about the other special cruises...
)"

I am interested as well...............

I am starting a SnapFish account - I will post photos of all the menues from the 14day Panama Westbound. We did have "themed" meals - but they didn't match any pattern I could figure out. We did not costume except for the Pirate night. Since most of the ports were Mexico I think 5 nights of Mexican food would have been a bit much.

Thanks...

Hi

I have used www photo bucket . com when I've posted photos on the dis boards

Hope that helps

Im on a 11night med cruise - cant wait to see your menus ;)

:wave2:

Gee - you posted before I could edit my post - thanks for the info - I am going to try SnapFish. I hope to post my costume pictures from Halloween last year as well. I will get those menues up this weekend I hope - will have to dig them all out (I have been trying to figure a way to display them but they are HUGE!).

Firstly this link might help it is for Celebrity cruise line but will give you an idea what DCL could do.

Http://shorex.celebrity.com/cc/portlist.asp

Secondly just coming back from the Med today, it was very interesting to see another point of view on cruisers. Staying on land this time, I saw on two separate days lots of cruises on shore trips.

At one place six cruise ships were in and this being the Eastern Med I would say the vast majority were Americans and enjoying themselves. At another place six tour buses full of RCCL's cruisers turned up, making the right choice of excursion. They went to a beautiful town and would have had a great day.

However some had stayed at the port and whilst I was having a meal I overheard comments, they were reading at lunchtime the ships newsletter about the port, a bit late then they had missed out on a great trip. One had been to the ships presentation on shore excursions but must have got the wrong impression as there view of a trip was totally wrong.

Its interesting how you can be fooled, a comment that the local buses and taxis are unreliable was totally incorrect, but I am sure this was said to sell an excursion and put people off. Italy has good train services so does Spain.

In summary, if you are going to a new place, do your homework, books, Internet etc., see what you want to do and then go for it.

Lastly the part of the Med I visited this week was 35c, that's very hot and in late may and early June, Italy and Spain get very hot, plan for that as well.

Above all everyone seemed to be enjoying their trip there's a lot on offer. For example I know Naples well and there are 5/6 A list places to visit not just Pompeii

Andrew - that was a lot of really good information and insight. When I did the Panama cruise a couple of people simply hired taxis for the day and went off on their own. I did excursions on both that cruise and the Alaska cruise I took. I liked the Alaska ones, since the company had been dealing with those particular excursions for years they had all the kinks worked out. The Panama cruise (being a first time for everyone) was a lot more disorganized. DCL began doing the Western Carib. about 7 years ago - I was on one of the first trips and it was awful. I was happy with only one of the excursions the rest I filed major complaints about.

I guess - your comment about homework is the best advise one can give and use :)

On a second note: I am trying to figure out how to get Photo Bucket to link my photos to here - does anyone have any input? The Snap Fish thing isn't good for this type of forum it is for email links only. Someone suggested Photo Bucket - but I must be brain dead today - I can't seem to figure out how to link it...HELP!

Hi

It was me who suggested photobucket. :wave2:

If you go to www. photobucket . com
You will have to register and log in

Once logged in on the right hand side there are 2 boxes that say image (browse button at end of box) and description (underneath)

If you have your photos on your computer you can click on browse to find your photo

When you have found your photo you can give it a title in the description box, after that click submit

If it works (fingers x) your photo will appear at the bottom of the page. Underneath the photo there are 3 options Url, Tag and IMG

Copy the IMG and place it into your disboard reply.
( You need to copy the whole of the IMG box)

Hope that makes sense pm if you have any other ?
:surfweb:
:wave2:

padalyn said:
On a second note: I am trying to figure out how to get Photo Bucket to link my photos to here - does anyone have any input? The Snap Fish thing isn't good for this type of forum it is for email links only. Someone suggested Photo Bucket - but I must be brain dead today - I can't seem to figure out how to link it...HELP!

I post pictures here from snapfish all the time. I click on the photo so I have the larger picture on the screen then right click & select properties on the bottom of the list. You then just copy the url link in the window that comes up & copy it here with the [img ] thing around the code. Photobucket should work the same way. :) HTH! Feel free to pm me if you still need help.

This is the url that I get.
http://images1.snapfish.com/346<66368fp336>nu=3233>3<:>247>WSNRCG=32333::;73756nu0mrj

This is with the img in [s
346%3C66368%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3233%3E3%3C%3A%3E247%3EWSNRCG%3D32333%3A%3A%3B73756nu0mrj

Hmm - I tried clicking on your link and got a "forbidden" message. I am going to try this...please let me know if you can see the photos - there are 58 of them...I was hoping for some bulk thing....I had to turn the cmaera sidewise to see the whole menu since they are huge (20" tall mostly) I took pictures of the covers, the menu itself and the dessert menu as well.
ugh...well this is going to be a series of posts...here we go...

This night was called "around the world" a sort of small world theme:
Aroundtheworld1.jpg

Aroundtheworld2.jpg

Aroundtheworld3.jpg

Aroundtheworlddessert.jpg

This night was Cap'ts dinner - a formal night:
Captainsdinnerformal1.jpg

Captainsdinnerformal2.jpg

Captainsdinnerformal3.jpg

Captainsdinnerdessert.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter