Mediterranean Excursions

Wow, I read through those - really makes you wonder!!

Yeah, it didn't occur to me that it would all be made up, but really, it makes sense. Smart marketing tactics I suppose. I wouldn't do it, but I guess many people aren't above it.

What are the ports thought - to maybe be good for "taking a break" -
or otherwise, easily doing it ourselves nearby the ship????

Which ports are thought to be good - take a break - or do easily on one's own near the ship - ports?

FYI ... I just got a note from my TA that DCL has cancelled the Gothic City Walk tour due to "Tour Operator Issues" :sad2:

ETA - Just got the phone with DCL and the Chocolate Museum and Aquarium and Park Guell tours in Barcelona have also been cancelled.

FYI ... I just got a note from my TA that DCL has cancelled the Gothic City Walk tour due to "Tour Operator Issues" :sad2:

ETA - Just got the phone with DCL and the Chocolate Museum and Aquarium and Park Guell tours in Barcelona have also been cancelled.

I am glad I was planning on a DIY touring of BCN. That is really unfortunate, but it explains why some poeple might have had problems with booking the chocolate museum.

If our boat is supposed to get into La Spezia at 7:30 and we have to tender, what would be a reasonable time to tell a private guide that we will be off of the boat? :confused3
Thank you!

The magic fountain in Barcelona

Hi I posted this on my thread meet board but thought I would share it with you incase you fancied going ! Its Free !;)

fountain3.jpg

fountain2.jpg

fountain1.jpg

The Montjuic Fountain is a must see for anyone visiting Barcelona! Situated in front of the Grand Palace adds to the extravagant view that awaits you. The fountains attract thousands of tourists and locals to enjoy the spectacular display of water, lights and music! You can enjoy the show while sitting at one of the outdoor refreshment stands. It is best to see the show when it is dark so that you can enjoy the lighting to its full effect. The performance times are set out below: Performance times of the Magic Fountain of Montjuic:

Summer: (May to September)
Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 pm to 11:30 pm
Music Sessions: 9:30 PM 10:00 PM 10:30 PM 11:00 PM 11:30 PM

Entrance Fee: Free

To get to the "Magic Fountain", you should take the metro to Plaça Espanya which is on the red line. Then, head toward the twin towers.

This is the link to the offical website - http://www.bcn.es/fonts/ there is a web cam link that coincides with the performances. There is also and English button ![/

Helen...Thanks for sharing !! We will be there in Aug and will definitely go.btw...should we be aware of pickpockets there ?

For anyone interested, you can go to the chocolate museum yourself, email them and ask for a time!!! It is only about 4 euros to get in. They are closed on tuesdays!!! We are going before our june 6th tour!!! Anyway, I was not going to pay $75 for this, but my kids really wanted to go!! We will either use one of the very reasonable taxi's i have heard so much about (rick steves book on spain), or catch public transportation!!! Either way, it is doable for a fraction of the cost!!!:woohoo:

For anyone interested, you can go to the chocolate museum yourself, email them and ask for a time!!! It is only about 4 euros to get in. They are closed on tuesdays!!! We are going before our june 6th tour!!! Anyway, I was not going to pay $75 for this, but my kids really wanted to go!! We will either use one of the very reasonable taxi's i have heard so much about (rick steves book on spain), or catch public transportation!!! Either way, it is doable for a fraction of the cost!!!:woohoo:

I posted this earlier in the thread - This is their website
http://pastisseria.com/en/PortadaMuseu

BTW, if any one does go to the Magic fountina before July 21st - Could you have a look around for a landmark, pub, cafe - somewhere where our dis bunch could meet and see the show. We want to have a mini dismeet there before the cruise:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter