Meet and Greet

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
May be silly question but anyone know what happens at a meet and greet and how long they run? There are really nice people in my roll call but not sure our kids would be bored (and they dont do kids clubs). Is it just a room and to e to meet up? Or do they run something formally?

If it is an official cruise critic meet and mingle, there will be one or two cruise staff there to run things, do a raffle for small prizes. Then if people from your roll call want to talk about other things planned (cruise crawl, slots pull, etc), they will get up and say something. After that some people stay to meet others, and the rest leave.
Denise

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes, via cruise critic. Is there harm signing up and then deciding at the time if we go? Of is that unfair to the group?

That’s what I generally do. Skipped the intros but I joined up for a bar crawl once. No issues.

No harm in doing that...my kids have been to one and skipped one...it’s an hour and they liked the chances to win swag...

That’s what I generally do. Skipped the intros but I joined up for a bar crawl once. No issues.

What's a bar crawl?

If it was just DH and I, then I would sign up and go. But don't think it's fair to take our kids. (And looking at someone else's events on Sympohny now, he has cruise critic meet up followed directly by Top Tier event.....if just one, then prefer Top Tier).

What's a bar crawl?

If it was just DH and I, then I would sign up and go. But don't think it's fair to take our kids. (And looking at someone else's events on Sympohny now, he has cruise critic meet up followed directly by Top Tier event.....if just one, then prefer Top Tier).
Bar crawl is pretty much what you think it is. I’d call it a pub crawl... but there’s only one pub on board.

Anyway, you start at a bar, have a drink, move to the next bar, have a drink, etc. If there’s entertainment at that bar you might partake for a bit. And since we’re not in university anymore, you can tap out at any point in time.

Swag at meet and mingle varies but we have seen most of these both times...
Bottle of wine
Bottle of champagne
Beach towel
RC Hat
RC Keychain
RC Zipper Pull
RC Notebook / passport holder

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter