• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

memories of watching "The Price Is Right" with Bob Barker

tbell101

Earning My Ears
Just curious, since my all time favorite years are from 2008 and before, and since I've been a huge game show fan since I was a kid, and since my all time favorite game shows are from 2006 and before, since Bob Barker retired from "The Price Is Right" in June of 2007, and since Drew Carey took over for Bob in September of 2007 (because even though Pat Sajak and Vanna White are still on "Wheel Of Fortune" and even though Alex Trebek is still on "Jeopardy!", but in my opinion, game shows in general just haven't been the same ever since Bob Barker retired from "The Price Is Right" and Drew took over for Bob in 2007, but that's just my opinion though), what memories do you have watching "The Price Is Right" with Bob Barker? :) #ThePriceIsRight #BobBarker #HappyGilmore #ComeOnDown #BarkersBeauties #Plinko #ANewCar #ShowcaseShowdownBigWheel #Showcases #HelpControlThePetPopulationHaveYourPetsSpayedOrNeutured :)

Weird first post but ok :)

Sorry if this offends you but I think he’s creepy. If he was still on the air, I’m sure he’d have a ton of #metoo stories against him. Didn’t he get sued by a former model on the show?

My favourite game was the mountain climber game.

I have memories of watching it as a kid as my parents watched it every night at 5PM before the news.

ETA: I still remember the music from the mountan climber game. Lol.

I used to watch the original reboot from the early 70s when I was on summer vacation from school. I knew Bob from Truth or Consequences. But I actually preferred watching soaps. My favorite game show from that era was Match Game , but that was on in the afternoon so I could watch it year round.

Watched it every day with my grandma.

My favorite games were Plinko, the golden road, the punch game (where you got the bills), and mountain climber.

I used to watch the original reboot from the early 70s when I was on summer vacation from school. I knew Bob from Truth or Consequences. But I actually preferred watching soaps. My favorite game show from that era was Match Game , but that was on in the afternoon so I could watch it year round.

I remember Bob Barker from Truth or Consequences as well. Enjoyed Price is Right when home from school. I loved game shows, not big into soaps. I am partial to the Match Game as my mom was a contestant on that in the 60s.

Yeah, I'd say that The Price is Right was equally important to me as Mr. Roger's and Sesame street when I was little. The mountain climber was for sure my favorite along with Plinko and the punching game. I'd have to agree with @kimblebee that Bob Barker creeps me out now as an adult. I've only seen Drew Carey doing the show a handful of times, but I'm sure I'd like him much more than Bob.

I wanted to be one of the price is right girls when I grew up. I remember standing in my living room waving my arms around and "displaying" the furniture. "you are playing for..........a new living room set!" I would smile and run my hands over the chairs LOL!

My favorite game was the golf putting one.

In the beginning, I thought Drew was a little shaky, but he has settled in to become a good host.

Agreed, his first year was rough & I really like Drew, so I was bummed it wasn’t going well. But, he’s really come around and made it his own.

Watched it every day with my grandma.

My favorite games were Plinko, the golden road, the punch game (where you got the bills), and mountain climber.

I always hated the punch game since you have to decode to keep what you have or trade it out. Seems like hardly anyone wins more than a few hundred dollars on that game.

I used to watch it daily as a kid, it was on right after my other favorite game show, Press Your Luck. (I used to cheer for people to get whammy's lol).

My fave Price Is Right games were Mountain Climber (Cliff Hangers), Plinko, and Switcheroo.

I can't think of Bob Barker anymore without the fight scene from Happy Gilmore coming to mind. :lmao:

I used to watch it daily as a kid, it was on right after my other favorite game show, Press Your Luck. (I used to cheer for people to get whammy's lol).

My fave Price Is Right games were Mountain Climber (Cliff Hangers), Plinko, and Switcheroo.

I can't think of Bob Barker anymore without the fight scene from Happy Gilmore coming to mind. :lmao:

The price is WRONG *****!

The first models I remember were Janice Pennington and Anitra Ford. They may have even been the first models on the reboot. This was way before they were known as Barker's Beauties and long before the viewers found out Bob was banging them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter