Menus are changing!

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
Just as an fyi if the reason you booked a certain restaurant is because of a specific menu item, you may want to go look on Disney's site. Not only has the Kona Cafe changed, but the California Grill dinner menu has too. Not sure what else they have changed, but now I'm unsure of both of those restaurants, and I have ADRs booked for them.

Just as an fyi if the reason you booked a certain restaurant is because of a specific menu item, you may want to go look on Disney's site. Not only has the Kona Cafe changed, but the California Grill dinner menu has too. Not sure what else they have changed, but now I'm unsure of both of those restaurants, and I have ADRs booked for them.

Boo! Thanks for the heads up…off to check the web site now, since I just made ADRs for both of those places in November!

My reaction to the Kona breakfast men can be summed up in 3 words 'No Big Kahuna?'

I know! Breakfast at the Kona has become a tradition for me and my nephew. He always got the Big Kahuna. Not sure if the new offering with fruit, a muffin, potatoes, eggs, and choice of meat will suffice.

There is another website I check out for menus that is always up to date and they haven't changed the menu listings for Kona yet. Although they probably just haven't adjusted them as of yet I can still hope that this is some kind of misprint or other for the moment.

Yes we were at Sci Fi last month and our server mentioned the entire menu would be changed starting in May.

Kona got rid of the Shrimp Tempura roll my daughter and I loved. Now it includes eel and cream cheese. That's super disappointing. But I know there is still plenty of delicious food in Disney World so we'll move on and find something else to love.

Just checked mine (days after finalizing our plans, of course lol), and for the most part, not too big of a deal. In fact, I'm kind of relieved Sci-Fi is changing it up. But Kona is disappointing. That's become our breakfast tradition on MK day, but only one member in our party actually cares about tonga toast. The macadamia nut pancakes are simply "pancakes" now, no Big Kahuna, and no Samoan? It may be out for us. Oh well, onto new things!

I never read California Grill's menu at the time I'm making ADRs because I know it will be different when I'm there. We go in October, I'll look at their menu late September maybe.

We are doing The Wave for lunch - I don't know if it changed, or I just never noticed the corned beef sandwich! Sounds good.... :)

Looking at Kona breakfast changes - I think the change from the Samoan to Kona Eggs Benedict sounds delicious! Pork belly for breakfast? Yes please. :bitelip:

They did seem to get rid of Big Kahuna, and also, no choice for blueberry pancakes anymore - although I'm sure you can order pancakes with regular syrup instead of the macadamia nut butter/pineapple sauce.

Bonus points to anyone to who can keep a straight face and say this is done for the customer's benefit and has nothing to do with saving $$$. I will miss my steak and eggs at Kona.

Is this the next step in removing theming from the menus? Then again, as pointed out, change can be a good thing. As long as the chef does it for the right reasons. And we assume the chef is in charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter