Menus are changing!

Well, they have a new poached eggs - Poached Eggs with Citrus-Chili Hollandaise Sauce and Char Siu Pork Belly on Toasted Hawaiian Bread - I think that sounds awesome. They always had loco moco I thought.

As someone who only went to Kona at Breakfast for The Samoan, I almost lost my -ish when I read that they had JUST gotten rid of it after waiting 2 years to get back to it! BUT, I didn't cancel my reservation because you're so very right, this new dish looks delicious. I think it's sort of like the "new Samoan" and I'm excited to try it!!

Recently I'd already noticed the menu changes at Kona Café and some of the other restaurants. I don't consider change in general to be all good, nor all bad; it depends what the changes are. Of all the new WDW menus I've seen lately, by far the most disappointing is Kona Café. My preferred items used to be their plate lunches, both the teriyaki steak and the Polynesian chicken, and now these are gone. The steak they have in the new menu looks unappetizing to me, and it costs about twice as much. No, thanks. Kona Café had been one of my favorite restaurants all along, but there is little left that appeals to me on the lunch or dinner menu. I plan to keep the lunch reservation I have there this November, and I hope they might improve their menu before then. If not, this place may fall off my favorites list for future visits. I agree that if enough guests comment about the menu changes, they may bring back some of the requested items. I think this has worked in the past in some instances.

As for Sci Fi, my favorite item there is the Boursin burger, which was only available anyway as the seasonal specialty burger, if at all, so I hope it will be there again, although I'd rather see this added to the long-term menu.

This is disappointing. We go twice a year and always get the Samoan and Macadamia pancakes - both which are gone now. We have reservations in 2 weeks and I'm hoping the meal won't be a disaster. Kona had been a consistent pleasure.

This is serious. My top three favorite things are gone. No more Samoan, Big Kahuna or pork steam buns. :mad::mad:

Honestly, I was hoping the CG menu underwent some significant changes. When CG first reopened the food, service, etc. was exceptional. My last three dining experiences there have not been the best. The food was just alright and the service has been sub-par.

We used to love getting the 100% Kona coffee in the pressed pot. Now it is a Joffrey's coffee (maybe it always was). Has it been this way for a while?

The blueberry pancakes at Kona were the best I ever had. If anyone is going this week, can you please ask if, we ask for them, can we still get them even if its off the menu? thanks!

Kona was a favorite breakfast spot for my husband and I, and he's a big eater so the Big Kahuna would always be something he would order. I don't see anything that he would like on the new menu so I may be cancelling our upcoming reservation there, and going elsewhere...it's a bummer.

Every menu I looked at that has been changed looks SO much better. Everything else was getting stale. Change = good.

Samoan was in my top 3 dishes at WDW, but I am happy to see it go, and the replacement looks fantastic!

I painstakingly went through all our ADRs and fortunately all menus still appear to have something steak wise on there for him. :)

Bonus points to anyone to who can keep a straight face and say this is done for the customer's benefit and has nothing to do with saving $$$. I will miss my steak and eggs at Kona.
To say that every change at WDW is about saving money is extremely simplistic. You have no idea why they changed the menu.

This absolutely could be a coincidence but every time we've been to Yachtsman during Free Dining the fish option has always been salmon. At other times of year I've seen grouper and even halibut on the menu.

Well, it could be what fish is seasonal at those times of year.

We go to Kona Cafe for the Big Kahuna I noticed over the weekend the menu on MDE had changed and hoped it was a glitch, but No. Somy email has gone off to Disney complaining as we will cancel our reservations as it is just not worth the journey out of our way from BWV to eat there now. I never settle for second best and would rather go without. Everyone should mail them, it worked with the Inn Keepers Pot Roast at Liberty Tree Tavern, they brought it back and we will now go back there, it only takes a minute or so and they have to answer.

Aghhh, no island chicken sandwich with the sweet potato fries plate for lunch. I'm out!

Argh! That was my wife and my favorite lunch! I hope they come to their senses and bring it back, like the did for the pot roast at Liberty Tree Tavern!

We had Kona Cafe booked for dinner and for breakfast. I cancelled the dinner and will probably cancel the breakfast too. The new menu no longer appeals to us. Makes me sad because we were looking forward to this for our arrival dinner. Now with little to choose from we are going elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter