Mexican Riviera Cruise 03/27/2011

Hi ManitobaMickey,
I've seen it too, it's just early & my eyes & brain aren't working yet to tell you where! :rotfl2: But I do remember at the top of the page, under cruise trip reports, "Stinkerbells" Mexican Riviera report is quite informative. You can also go to the right on the main forum page & pull down the "search" & put in Mexican Riviera navigators, and it should direct you to them. :thumbsup2

I definitely do recommend a trial run if you can do it, it makes it far less confusing.

We did the trial run (and by "we" I mean Bryce), and driving there was uneventful and easy to get to, but unless there's a ship at port, there's no getting in. Locked up tighter than Fort Knox.

This made me happy, because I'm hoping vehicles left at the port are kind inaccessible, but don't know for certain.

Hi everyone, you may or may not recall I promised to post any reply I received from DCL GS regarding my question about the dining rotation, which follows:

"First, in reviewing your reservation, you are confirmed for second seating for dinner, which is at 8:15pm. In addition, we are unable to provide you/your family with your dining schedule as it is finalized the day of sailing. You will find your dining tickets with your seating times, table assignment, and rotation schedule in your stateroom on embarkation day."

Can't say I didn't try. :lmao:

I looked on all the MR navigators and still can't seem to find the 2:00pm afternoon matinee for the live shows--I must be looking in the wrong place.

Received our cruise documents today!!!:banana::cool1::thumbsup2:yay::woohoo:

Hello! Not to be nosy, just curious what my fellow DIS'ers think.....

if we miss a dinner here or there, is it rude????

After reading through some of the Navigators, there are some evening things I want to try, but wonder if we'll be rushed to go from one thing to another.

And one night we'll be at Palo.

Thoughts???

It's my expectation to eat when I want and where I want and Disney will be thrilled with any and all of my choices! I have a 2 year old, and I don't know if we'll make it to an 8pm dinner every night, so I may pick up pizza, or order room service. There's bound to be a night I just can't muster the strength to wash and poof and primp and curl, so I'll put on my sweatpants and share some fruit and cheese and a glass of wine with my sister!

Of course later that night I would have to at least powder and blow dry for a little dancing at the Disco!!

It's your vacation, enjoy.

Hello! Not to be nosy, just curious what my fellow DIS'ers think.....

if we miss a dinner here or there, is it rude????

After reading through some of the Navigators, there are some evening things I want to try, but wonder if we'll be rushed to go from one thing to another.

And one night we'll be at Palo.

Thoughts???

It is not a problem to miss a dining room dinner, but servers generally wait to take orders until everyone comes to that table. It is best to let your server know that you will not going to be coming even if it is last min, just go in an tell the head waiter or ther server. They are also used to guest doing Palo, just let them know the night you won't be there.

We got our final cruise papers too!
Question,... If we decide to cancel a DCL excursion (to do one on our own, using tips from DISers), up until when can we do this without being charged? :confused3

It is best to let your server know that you will not going to be coming even if it is last min, just go in an tell the head waiter or the server. They are also used to guest doing Palo, just let them know the night you won't be there.

Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure tell the waiter/server because I don't want our table-mates to starve only to find out we're not going to be there. Especially if they are one of our fellow DIS'ers!! :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter