Mexican Riviera Cruise 03/27/2011

So when booking my first cruise this Jan. I thought that was more than enough time, and I'm realizing how last minute it is for a Disney Cruise- and cruising with a child for that matter!

Anyways, I have been unable to book for Palo anything since I booked- does anyone know what my chances are of being able to get a last min. reservation, or any tips and tricks for getting in?

So excited to be cruising with you all!!!!:banana:

They hold back spots. There is no trick to getting it: Get to port early so you get an early boarding number. Onboard, go straight to make your reservation...in one of he lounges (wait in line if need be).

:cheer2:28 days!!:cheer2:

Luggage dusted off.... packing list updated.... FE gifts stacking up.....

Thanks cmwade, we'll do that.

While I know we have some non-drinkers in our group, we did both the wine and tequila tastings on our last cruise. They were both very fun, although I think we enjoyed the wine tasting moreso. (And DH is not a wine drinker.) Learned quite a bit about both topics.

One warning on the tequila tasting: we got about 5-6 shots in the space of an hour or two. Being frugal, we didn't waste a drop! :rotfl: However, at the end, we decided it was best to sit in the bar a bit longer before trying to walk anywhere. After about 15 mins, we were off to our cabin to dress for dinner.

So, 2 thumbs up to each activity.

For you that have sailed DCL before.....
Bear with me if this is a silly question, :rolleyes: I've heard many on the DIS board talk about carrying their KTTW card around with them, and have seen on eBay some people selling DCL lanyards with the plastic clear pouch on the end to put cards in. But,.. do they give you one of those automatically when you get onboard, or is that something we will need to purchase when we get on??? :confused3

You get them when you check in for you second cruise. They are part of the benefits for Castaway Club members, which you become on your second Disney cruise. We didn't have one on our first cruise and were fine, but that would just be a personal preference.

For you that have sailed DCL before.....
Bear with me if this is a silly question, :rolleyes: I've heard many on the DIS board talk about carrying their KTTW card around with them, and have seen on eBay some people selling DCL lanyards with the plastic clear pouch on the end to put cards in. But,.. do they give you one of those automatically when you get onboard, or is that something we will need to purchase when we get on??? :confused3

You get them when you check in for you second cruise. They are part of the benefits for Castaway Club members, which you become on your second Disney cruise. We didn't have one on our first cruise and were fine, but that would just be a personal preference.

CMwade77 is correct you would get them as a pert for your 2nd and forward cruise. They are now also different color depending on your level.
But on my last cruise feb/09, you could buy one in the gift shop on board, if you wanted a standard DCL product. I felt that they were very handy, they had a zip lock top so the cards wouldn't fly away.

Thanks Susan & Chris, even little things like that I don't want to forget! So I'll be picking some of those up. :thumbsup2

It's now March and our trip is right around the corner!!! Can't wait to get this party started!!:rotfl2::cool1::woohoo:

Party! Party! Party!

Can you believe March is finally here? :scared1:

Now, because we have so much to do, time will fly and I'll be rushed and I'll need the vacation just to take a break!

Does anyone know how long people can hold spa appointments and dinning at Palo without being charged? I'm hoping to try to get reservations/appointments in the last days before sailing since I booked last min. for the cruise.

I can't believe we have 25 days until we sail!!!!:dance3:

Does anyone know what kind of weather we can expect in LA for the weekend before we go? Will it be warm enough to swim when we get on board?

We will be in the pool for sure.. anything has got to be warmer than here right now.. there is no sign of spring in sight! Thank goodness only 23 sleeps (NOT THAT I AM COUNTING) till we hit California!

Does anyone know what kind of weather we can expect in LA for the weekend before we go?

Well, searching the internet, looks like Long Beach is normally 50 - 69 degrees. With the wacky weather we're having everywhere, it could be in the 100's or the 30's!

We've done Disneyland during March, and it's been quite comfortable. But I've never swam because the hotel outdoor pools are rarely heated. And climbing out of a heated pool might be a wee bit chilly. :lmao:

I have a FE question - either to the FE coordinator or anyone else who might know... just trying to figure out how many gifts we actually need. How many staterooms are participating? Do we have a breakout of each stateroom and then how many people (adults and children) are in that stateroom? That would be very helpful. I tried looking on the website but it was a little confusing. Thanks!!!

Hi PixieDust,
I'm coordinating the FE list. Here is the latest breakdown:
30 adults (12 men, 18 women)
21 kids (boys: 16, 16, 14, 11,10,8, 6, 6, 2, 2, 2)
(girls: 13, 12, 12, 8, 8, 8, 6, 5, 4, 4)

You can either give one gift for each cabin, or individual gifts for each person (adults included). At our cruise meet I will be getting the last minute cabin #'s/changes, and giving everyone their list and assigned day. The gift giving will start on Mon. Some days will have 2 or 3 people assigned to that day to gift give. Any more questions, just let me know! :thumbsup2

( And I believe thats 17-18 staterooms total.) Remember, the FE has not closed yet for cruisers to join, so that # may change. ;)

OK, I think we have our room assignment early. On the reservation it is listed as 6154. This is an accessible room and we do not require one, but I will be happy to have it. It is the last room aft. I can hardly wait for the trip. I hope things are going to continue to work well. Wish me luck for all things to go well.

Ok for all the ladies, how many are going to go spray tanning, get manis and pedis before the trip. I'm going down a couple days early to visit my daughter to do our manis and pedis. To expensive on the ship.

So whats everyone else's plans?

Well, searching the internet, looks like Long Beach is normally 50 - 69 degrees. With the wacky weather we're having everywhere, it could be in the 100's or the 30's!

We've done Disneyland during March, and it's been quite comfortable. But I've never swam because the hotel outdoor pools are rarely heated. And climbing out of a heated pool might be a wee bit chilly. :lmao:

If it's the same weather as the past few days, you won't want to go anywhere near the pools (of course if they turn off the pool heaters you might be able to go ice skating...LOL)

Really, March normally has swimming weather around here, it has just been cold (getting down to around 38 degrees at night a few nights) the past week or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter