Mickey’s PhilharMagic Premiering in April at Disney California Adventure Park

Went this morning to check it out, it’s a little different without the full screen like in Florida but I enjoyed it. There was no wait at 11:30am to experience it.

How exactly is it different? It still gets wider, but not as wide as Florida?

How exactly is it different? It still gets wider, but not as wide as Florida?
Yes sorta. It’s kind of hard to explain. They manipulate the main screen to be smaller then bigger and they also use the existing wall screens in some of the scenes.

Went this morning to check it out, it’s a little different without the full screen like in Florida but I enjoyed it. There was no wait at 11:30am to experience it.
I couldn’t find a schedule for this on the Disneyland site. Do you know if it plays every 30 minutes?

Are there any animatronics?
Unfortunately no. Donald crashed into the back wall of the theater at the end (using the same explosion area that was used at the end of Muppets 3D). He didn’t move though, more of a sculpture than an animatronic.

So just the one screen? :sad1:
We have a version in between the quality/level of immersion of WDW & Paris. Since this is just a quick refurb on the existing Muppets 3D building, they’re using the screens & tech that were there. So we only have 1 main normal flat screen (that they start small and through the show expand with curtains or just a big black bar you can’t see). Then on the sides we have basically 4 screens on each side that are mostly used for peripheral effect images.

Do we get the wonderful smells?
I only noticed water & air effects. I didn’t notice any smells at all but also my allergies are acting up so it’s entirely possible that I just didn’t smell them if there were any.

We saw it today. I thought it was cute, but not that amazing. I think I shouldn’t have watched the WDW version on YouTube before this because I was expecting that lol. The scenes are the same but stage is very small and it seems like the curtain cuts off half the stage. I did like the 3D effects though! And the mist!

So, just to be sure, am I right in thinking that it runs on a continuous loop? No waiting whatsoever? No pre show like the Muppets had? Will be in the parks next weekend and am looking forward to seeing this again. Thanks for the responses!

We saw it yesterday.we waited in the little room right outside the theater for about 5 minutes. I would think the longest you would have to wait is about 10-12mintues,as that’s how long the show is and they just shift one group in as one group leaves.

So, just to be sure, am I right in thinking that it runs on a continuous loop? No waiting whatsoever? No pre show like the Muppets had? Will be in the parks next weekend and am looking forward to seeing this again. Thanks for the responses!

I didn’t see the Muppets here, but this show is similar to WDW PhilharMagic in that you do have a wait outside the main theatre. We went through the entrance gate, received glasses, then our wait was about 12 minutes until we all were let in to the main theater. I’m guessing about another 5 minutes minimum from our entrance (and stragglers from prior show exit) until the show began. No posted start times that I could find, but CM’s outside telling you how long of wait before next show. Have a great trip!

I saw this show a couple of weeks ago. It is definitely a one time thing. I didn't really connect with it but it was still fun to watch.

I think it's great. People have to remember, the DCA version has the new digital master which looks way crisper compared to WDW. But WDW will also be getting this new digital projection cut also soon. Despite the screen ratio, donald, and some of the wrap around screen stuff, I think the DCA one works quite well, especially with this new digital presentation - something WDW needs badly. I cannot stand watching the WDW version, as it's really blurry and showing its age. It's something I'll go see at DCA when I want to relax and have something to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter