Mickey and the Magician or the Lion King show?

CanuckGirl78

Mouseketeer
We’ll be going to DLP for 1 day in March and doing both parks. I’d like to see one show as I heard great things about DLP’s show, but likely will only have time for 1 show. Do you recommend seeing the Lion King or Mickey and the Magician? Some context: we have 2 kids (aged 12 & 8); we’ve seen the Lion King show in AK (& loved it!) and will be seeing the musical later this year; we love all the Disney classic movies.

If you have seen The Lion King show in Animal Kingdom, I would go for Mickey and the Magician.

The Lion King show is similar. I do think the use of sets makes it more exciting here in Paris. It borrows more from the Broadway show than they do in Animal Kingdom, two songs and the costumes remind me more of Broadway. No puppetry though.

Mickey has more of a little story with a whole bunch of characters and famous Disney songs (incl. 1 Lion King section, which is very similar to Broadway). It is more of a show with dancing and magic.

The only "downside" is Mickey and the Magician is more billingual. Lion King is fully in English (I say by heart), Mickey has more French in it. With how the dialogue is build and gestures, mime, I am sure it will be only a minor issue.

Both are great shows and I am sure you will enjoy both.

If you are short on time and have the budget, keep in mind that both shows have Guaranteed Access for 15 euro per person.

We saw both. Lion King is a very high caliber production of a familiar story. Mickey and the Magician is Disney magic in a delightful new story. I vote Mickey!!

Six months later my teens still mime the actions of Mickey from this show for comic effect...

Also second the paid Guaranteed access. You can show up 15 minutes before showtime for great seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter