Mickey bars will be in grocery stores in February

People might want to start checking any single-item frozen "treat" freezers at their local grocery stores...I haven't seen the Mickey's 90th boxed 6-packs of smaller ice cream bars at my local grocery store (Auburn, WA Haggen Foods - Lake Tapps Parkway) but I looked in a small Nestle freezer-chest filled with your standard ice cream sandwiches and popsicles and spotted individually wrapped Mickey Premium Bars that appear to be the exact same thing sold in the parks (4 ounces). We grabbed a bunch, here's a picture of them in our cart, was too excited to think of getting a pic of the freezer chest. $2.99 each.

Still looking in my area with no luck. Went to Aulani last week to get my fix until our next trip to WDW.

They’ve been in stock consistantly at my Publix in the Tampa Bay area for months. I didn’t like them too well. The chocolate doesn’t taste very good. It’s not nearly as dark as the ones in the park, assuming those haven’t changed in the past 4 years- we stopped buying them when they started to cost as much as a whole box of chocolate coated ice creak treats at the store.

Super Targets are now stocking the boxes of 6 smaller mickey bars. At least they are in Texas. Price is $7.29.

Picked some up this last weekend at Walmart in Monroe, WA (northeast of Seattle). Was happy to find them.

HEB in the Austin TX area finally got them in May. I know some people don't like that they are smaller than the park ones, but I think they are the perfect snack size, so I can indulge 1 a day without feeling guilty about my weight :p

I had the Mickey waffles several months ago. They weren’t labeled for the anniversary tho, so not sure if they were exactly the same. But they were horrible... actually threw them out!
They're not.

I scanned the ingredients when I saw them. Nothing indicated the maltiness you get from actual Disney waffles. There are recipes out there trying to mimic the park waffles. Most seem to call for Carbon's Golden Malted Pancake and Waffle Mix.

I've seen the Mickey bars here in NW Ohio quite a bit - anywhere from 5.99 to 7.99 for the box. I had to laugh, when we were down in the Florida Keys - where things normally cost more then they do up here - I was able to get a box at Publix for under $4!
As for the Eggos - I've seen those around for a long time. We've had them a couple times as my DD just used to only want eggos in the morning and I found these for fun once or twice (but went back to normal since those were less expensive)

Kroger in Memphis finally had them a few days before our summer vacation. Checked back 3 weeks later and they no longer carried them :sad:

Had the Mickey (and Star Wars) Eggo Waffles before and they are not as good as in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter