Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

Seems like maybe it was a lucky glitch for some people.

There may not be a party in DCA, but Disney has to know there may likely be hundreds of party guests trying to get into DCA at 4. I don’t think it would be a bad idea to have a line specifically for that purpose. It would be helpful to both party guests and regular day guests. If I had to wait an hour in that line, I would, and I think others would too, and I’m sure day guests would be thrilled to not have a huge line to wait in just to park hop. Just a thought but it’s probably an irrelevant idea.

Unfortunately, my best plan is probably to have no plan. I’ll probably still get there an hour early and get more information then decide the best course of action.

I'm about 80% sure that they have separate entrance gates at DCA (like DL) for party ticket entrance at 3-4pm. Last year we went to DCA first (3 hours before party) and waited in a long line with party goers while people who had regular park hopper tickets were able to walk in through another gate. I think if you want to be the 1st one in for the party you'll need to be there at least 1/2 hour before the gates open for party goers.

Seems like maybe it was a lucky glitch for some people.

There may not be a party in DCA, but Disney has to know there may likely be hundreds of party guests trying to get into DCA at 4. I don’t think it would be a bad idea to have a line specifically for that purpose. It would be helpful to both party guests and regular day guests. If I had to wait an hour in that line, I would, and I think others would too, and I’m sure day guests would be thrilled to not have a huge line to wait in just to park hop. Just a thought but it’s probably an irrelevant idea.

Unfortunately, my best plan is probably to have no plan. I’ll probably still get there an hour early and get more information then decide the best course of action.

I'm about 80% sure that they have separate entrance gates at DCA (like DL) for party ticket entrance at 3-4pm. Last year we went to DCA first (3 hours before party) and waited in a long line with party goers while people who had regular park hopper tickets were able to walk in through another gate. I think if you want to be the 1st one in for the party you'll need to be there at least 1/2 hour before the gates open for party goers.

Also are you allowed in to both parks or only Disneyland?
The MHP ticket is a park hopper, so you'll be able to get into both DL and DCA starting three hours before the party official starts (so at 3:00 pm for a 6:00 pm party and 4:00 pm for a 7:00 pm party). You can hop back and forth all night if you'd like (as long as DCA is open), but all of the party-specific activities take place in DL.

Tickets bought for 9/18 the first party! Will be happy to answer any questions if they came up. Going with step daughter (10), sister in law (7) and mother in law. Our guys decided to cruise and scope out fancy cars instead lol. The girls first time at any Disney park, but we have 3 day park tickets aside from this party ticket so I think our main foc5us will be trick or treating, parades and characters. We will be a party of Stitch (me), Aurora (step daughter) and Mulan (sister in law). Mother in law has offered to scope out a parade spot for us early and "chill". REALLY hoping to meet Maleficent and I saw pictures one year that Roger Rabbit was in the Toon Town pre party? Can anyone confirm? Less than a month to go <3.
I have never seen Roger Rabbit before. Last year we met with Donald & Daisey Duck, Mickey, Minnie and Pluto but as Figment said anything is possible.

Getting a little nervous about our choice of date! I wasn't thinking when I booked Sept. 28. We're going to be on a time zone lag as it is and the party starts later and ends later. I seriously doubt my youngest is going to be able to stay up that late! And I see now that it is sold out. Are sold out parties miserable? Right now I'm trying to decide what tickets to get for the other day we will be there. I *could* get party tickets for Sept 26 as well, and it would be over $200 cheaper than getting park hoppers for Sept. 27. That would give us two 8-hr days there, with access to both parks. The only thing is, I'm guessing we risk not getting to ride RSR, which was our one must-do in DCA.

WWYD? Full day park-hopper for Sept. 27 and then hope youngest can stay up for a good chunk of the party on Fri Sept. 28 (and that it isn't too miserably crowded) or tickets to the party on Sept. 26 in addition to the one on Sept 28 for $200 cheaper?

I have never seen Roger Rabbit before. Last year we met with Donald & Daisey Duck, Mickey, Minnie and Pluto but as Figment said anything is possible.

I just went back to find the recap where I read Roger Rabbit and it was from 2013! So I guess that one is unlikely to pop up anytime soon, but stranger things have happened.

WWYD? Full day park-hopper for Sept. 27 and then hope youngest can stay up for a good chunk of the party on Fri Sept. 28 (and that it isn't too miserably crowded) or tickets to the party on Sept. 26 in addition to the one on Sept 28 for $200 cheaper?
Almost all of the MHP will sell out, but I've found the crowds to be generally pretty manageable. A sold out party isn't the same as a capacity closed park. While DLR has never said how many tickets they sell per night, it's not anywhere near the capacity level of the park. My guess is that it's similar to what you'd experience on a non-peak mid-week day. There will be lines, but they do dissipate as the evening goes on and you'll usually find the longest lines at the party-specific activities (e.g., characters, shows, etc.). Now, I have heard that crowds over in DCA get pretty high during the party hours because guests with hoppers head over there after DL closes. Also DCA closes fairly early (8:00 pm), so you won't have a lot of time over there anyway.

For you, I think it ultimately depends on a) how much you want to ride RSR (is it worth $200?) and b) how long you're willing to wait in a standby line for the attraction? I think that if you did get the MHP tickets for Wednesday, by the time you're allowed into DL/DCA there is a good chance that RSR FPs will either be gone or for times pretty close to DCA's closing (and well past the start of the party). Now, if you got in right at 3:00 pm, when the MHP tickets became valid, and went straight to RSR, you could probably get in a ride before the party starts (I'd guess the line will be somewhere in 90 minute to 120 minute range - no real reason for that guess, other than that seems to be where RSR seems to hover). So, if you're willing to wait in line, you could still ride RSR on Wednesday.

It also depends on whether you'd be able to make rope drop on Wednesday if you went with the park hopper option. Both parks open at 8:00 am and the morning hours being usually pretty good in terms of ride lengths (probably on par with what you'd experience in DL at the end of the party - DCA is a different critter on party nights). So, you have a good chance of doing a lot of attractions (including RSR) in the morning if you went that route. However, the crowd do pick-up with the start of the overlap period and remain high in DCA for the rest of the evening. So it's a matter of how things are from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. My nominal guess is that you'll get more done in those seven hours than you would during the eight hours of the party+overlap.

Thank you! I will definitely get there at least a half hour before, or even an hour, to check this out. Crossing my fingers that they will be doing this.

Tickets bought for 9/18 the first party! Will be happy to answer any questions if they came up. Going with step daughter (10), sister in law (7) and mother in law. Our guys decided to cruise and scope out fancy cars instead lol. The girls first time at any Disney park, but we have 3 day park tickets aside from this party ticket so I think our main focus will be trick or treating, parades and characters. We will be a party of Stitch (me), Aurora (step daughter) and Mulan (sister in law). Mother in law has offered to scope out a parade spot for us early and "chill". REALLY hoping to meet Maleficent and I saw pictures one year that Roger Rabbit was in the Toon Town pre party? Can anyone confirm? Less than a month to go <3.
The lines for the Halloween Characters can be more of a challenge time wise then finding a good spot for the parade.
We've been in line for a favorite only to have the character's time change. Instead of our fav we got the one that came out for the next rotation.
If you aren't at the front of the line for Maleficent and the line moves slow, you run the risk of her leaving and the next one taking her place.

I wish you luck

Geemo

I just bought my tickets to the Oct 9th party. This will be our 3rd time taking the kids at Halloween time, we just went last year. But our first ever party! My husband and I are seasoned Disneyland fans but we don’t get to go as often since having kids. We didn’t expect to go again this year but it’s official now. Can’t wait! I’m excited to experience the party and have it be something new that we’ve never done. My kids are 16, 13, and 10. The 9th will be our first day there and we will just do the party that day. Then we plan to get 2 day tickets for Wed and Thurs. My 13 yr old is the only one that cares about CA Adventure. And really just GOTG and what was CA Screamin. So hoping she can manage those at 3pm on party day and not get hoppers to save money. I know it will be crowded and long waits though. Fingers crossed!

The lines for the Halloween Characters can be more of a challenge time wise then finding a good spot for the parade.
We've been in line for a favorite only to have the character's time change. Instead of our fav we got the one that came out for the next rotation.
If you aren't at the front of the line for Maleficent and the line moves slow, you run the risk of her leaving and the next one taking her place.

I wish you luck

Geemo

This is good to know, I have read about that happening. I wonder if talking to the CM ahead of time to find out when the switch will happen would help or not? I guess I will find out day of! Thanks for the best wishes.

This is good to know, I have read about that happening. I wonder if talking to the CM ahead of time to find out when the switch will happen would help or not? I guess I will find out day of! Thanks for the best wishes.

It depends on the CM working the line. Some will help if they see you waiting, watch you get to the front, and see the character you want just switch out ahead of you. If you ask them, they'll help by letting you wait off to the side until the character you want comes back into the rotation. Others will tell you that you just have to get back in line all over again. Ask anyway if you need to -- it can't hurt!

I don't know if the CMs will be able to tell you with any certainty who will be coming out when and where, but it can't hurt to ask. Also, when you ask, be sure to find out which location she'll be at (last year there were two separate locations and each had their own line).

I don't know if the CMs will be able to tell you with any certainty who will be coming out when and where, but it can't hurt to ask. Also, when you ask, be sure to find out which location she'll be at (last year there were two separate locations and each had their own line).

Oh really? They had her at two places in the park at the same time? I thought that wasn't "allowed". Or was it one location for one set, then move to a new location new set?

It depends on the CM working the line. Some will help if they see you waiting, watch you get to the front, and see the character you want just switch out ahead of you. If you ask them, they'll help by letting you wait off to the side until the character you want comes back into the rotation. Others will tell you that you just have to get back in line all over again. Ask anyway if you need to -- it can't hurt!

Ok perfect thanks! Not afraid of asking (in a sweet polite way) the CM to get what I want haha.

Oh really? They had her at two places in the park at the same time? I thought that wasn't "allowed". Or was it one location for one set, then move to a new location new set?
Sorry, a bit of confusion. In past years, there were three spots (left, center, and right when looking at the trains station from the flag pole), which all feed from the same line (guests lined up and meet all three villains - one at a time). Last year, they changed it and there were only two Villain meet and greet locations, one on the left and one on the right of the train station stairs (see the red back drops in the photo below). Two villains met guests at the same time; one at each station (e.g., Gaston was on the left and the Evil Queen was on the right). Each location had its own line. So what I was meaning was that if Maleficent does come out, you'll need to know if she's going to the spot on the left or the right because you want to make sure you're in the correct line. (Now all that being said, it's possible that they'll change the set-up again this year.)
DSC_0626_zps9hohc0oz.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter