Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

Soooo...I bought tickets 3 tickets for 10/29, they just came in the mail yesterday. We had to cancel our plans and now we aren't going. I feel completely sick to my stomach that I will be out the money for them now. Has anyone had any luck with customer service and getting a refund, or at least a credit towards future ticket purchase?

Thanks

Soooo...I bought tickets 3 tickets for 10/29, they just came in the mail yesterday. We had to cancel our plans and now we aren't going. I feel completely sick to my stomach that I will be out the money for them now. Has anyone had any luck with customer service and getting a refund, or at least a credit towards future ticket purchase?

Thanks

You can call and plead your case with as much humbleness as you can muster, but be prepared for a no.

We made it on Sunday for our first Halloween time visit! I overcame my initial irritation about having to park in Toy Story since Mickey & Friends was closed just after 2pm, and we thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the day!

My youngest had been eagerly anticipating the sour apple churro with caramel dipping sauce. It was...interesting. Worth a try if you’re curious, but we won’t be doing that again.

upload_2018-9-11_16-17-36.jpeg
The pumpkin spice beignets were delicious! Light, fluffy, warm, and overall fantastic! Our Mickey’s were a tad misshapen, so I won’t share my pic. Disneyland Daily posted a perfect one on IG.

Of course the ride overlays are so great, but Carsland is beyond amazing! Even DJ is dressed up:

upload_2018-9-11_16-24-58.jpeg

Lastly, the Sh’boom lighting is an absolute must-do right now! We LOVED it! :worship:

...Currently plotting the soonest day I can head back for more pumpkin spice beignets!:scratchin

I was super disappointment last year. I went the 2nd week of Halloween time and the 2 things I wanted were already sold out! It definitely put a damper on my visit. This year I'm going the end of the season so I"m not expecting to get anything that I want.
If there's something you want I would buy it from the Disney shop parks app. Thats what we did. We also called WDW concierge shopping line and purchased our Halloween totes as the ones online say WDW and we wanted the ones that say DL. We also bought the orange and black Halloween ears and the candy corn ears as we won't be there until 10/31 so we're in the same boat as you are.

So excited!! I just found out that my niece (20) will get to go with us for a couple of days! We are in WA state, she is going to school in Burbank. This will be her first ever trip! She will get there about 11 on Saturday and have to leave around 5 on Sunday. Saturday is California Adventure Day, Sunday is Disneyland day. What would your must do's be? My Hubby kiddos, and I are seasoned vets (this will be our 12th year in a row! But our first Halloween!!) FYI she is already looking at the treats!!

Thanks

How frustrating! As you probably already know, MHP tickets state clearly that they are non-refundable, non-transferable, and are not for resale. However, you should give Guest Services a call to explain the circumstances and plead your case. As the pp stated, be prepared to be turned down, but it can't hurt to ask as nicely you can. You can donate the tickets to charity for a tax deduction. Try Make a Wish or CHOC (Children's Hospital of Orange County, CA). I do know of at least one person who received a tax deduction for donating MHP tickets to CHOC last year.

Last edited:
I'm going to merge this thread (Touring during Mickey's Halloween Party, aka post #726 ff in this thread) with the MHP Superthread because I think the information here might be of interest to a lot of people following that thread. Keep the suggestions and advice coming! :)

When you click the touring link, it goes back to page one of this thread, not the touring information. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
One week till party day! WAHOO. We leave on Saturday Early AM! Sunday will be a first FULL day at Disneyland. I can't wait. I came up with a bit of an itinerary for the party - any thoughts/advice on the below from experienced goers would be super appreciated! Note: I based this o

Arrive around 5:30pm

Character Meet & Greets/Trick or Treating: 6-7:30pm
  • Frontierland – Pirate Pals/Big Thunder Railroad ToT
  • Critter Country – Winnie the Pooh and Friends/Critter Country ToT
Find Parade Spot in HUB near Pixie Hollow : 7:30pm
  • ToT in Tomorrowland (Pixie Hollow, Autopia, Star Wars Launch Bay)
  • (MIL has kindly offered to hold down a spot)
Headless Horseman/Parade/Fireworks: 8:30-10pm
  • Headless Horseman: 8:50
  • Parade: 9:00
  • Fireworks: 9:35pm (view in front of castle)
Villian’s Character Meet & Greets Train Station: 10-11pm
  • The only real goal here is to meet Malcifient so I am hoping the hour (I realize it might take longer than 5 minutes to make it from the castle to Train station) will give us a chance to rotate sets or plead with CM to let us wait it out if she switches.

Hopping on rides will just be a filler activity since we have 2 days in the park outside of party time. Going to skip the pre party in Toontown for the sake of getting some more rest in before party time! (Unless I somehow hear of Roger Rabbit being there, then I will be racing to those gates. Luckily less than a 10 minutes walk :P )

EDIT: Updated the times to reflect what was on the Disney website. Did not realize they were out yet!

Last edited:
How frustrating! As you probably already know, MHP tickets state clearly that they are non-refundable, non-transferable, and are not for resale. However, you should give Guest Services a call to explain the circumstances and plead your case. As the pp stated, be prepared to be turned down, but it can't hurt to ask as nicely you can. You can donate the tickets to charity for a tax deduction. Try Make a Wish or CHOC (Children's Hospital of Orange County, CA). I do know of at least one person who received a tax deduction for donating MHP tickets to CHOC last year.

Disney doesn't just give the people a credit for a future purchase for the value of the tickets if they cannot attend? I understand them not giving people tickets to other parties that are already sold out but to just say oh well your out of luck is really bad business. Life happens and sometimes you cannot attend. People get cancer. Loved ones pass away. Am I understanding this wrong? If you cannot attend the party then you lose all of that money? Even the god awful airlines don't do that.

Last edited:
Disney doesn't just give the people a credit for a future purchase for the value of the tickets if they cannot attend? I understand them not giving people tickets to other parties that are already sold out but to just say oh well your out of luck is really bad business. Life happens and sometimes you cannot attend. People get cancer. Loved ones pass away. Am I understanding this wrong? If you cannot attend the party then you lose all of that money? Even the god awful airlines don't do that.

They are not budging on this one.

I bought my ticket for 10/31 and when a family member went to buy theirs, it had sold out. We called to see if they would allow me to exchange my ticket for 10/29 and purchase the additional one so that we could both go and they said no. No exchanges, no transfers, etc.

So now I'm currently going to the Halloween Party solo.

I bought my ticket for 10/31 and when a family member went to buy theirs, it had sold out. We called to see if they would allow me to exchange my ticket for 10/29 and purchase the additional one so that we could both go and they said no. No exchanges, no transfers, etc.

That's a bummer - I wonder if the reason they can't do the refunds is cause the ticket is emailed or loaded to your app immediately. There systems may not have the capability to inactivate the ticket.

That's a bummer - I wonder if the reason they can't do the refunds is cause the ticket is emailed or loaded to your app immediately. There systems may not have the capability to inactivate the ticket.

My tickets were not loaded to my app and there is not a name on them; they did arrive via email. I’m guessing that atypical?

Hello all. My husband and I are attending the Halloween party Oct 9th for the 1st time. A few questions we have is Max pass included with the ticket?
Are their times posted already with the schedule of events for the night.
Which park has the parade?
Thanks all. We are WDW vets so hopefully can get some dl Info :)

Hello all. My husband and I are attending the Halloween party Oct 9th for the 1st time. A few questions we have is Max pass included with the ticket?
Are their times posted already with the schedule of events for the night.
Which park has the parade?
Thanks all. We are WDW vets so hopefully can get some dl Info :)
I'm sure someone else will have a more thorough reply, but it says that MaxPass is included with the ticket, but there are no fastpasses in Disneyland -during- the Halloween party. The party itself is only at Disney after 6 or 7 pm (depending on the night) but you have access to both parks. So the parade is in Disneyland. If you go to this site, and select your party date (mine is selected in the link, but I think they're mostly the same) it should give you a schedule of events: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2018-09-24/

In the past, as recently as last year, people have reported that they were able to go to the ticket booths on the morning of their party with their valid MHP ticket/s in hand (this part is really important!) to ask for one ticket for an extra guest. As long as they could show the CM that they already had valid tickets for that day's party, they were allowed to purchase one extra ticket for their group. You might want to give this a try.

Disney handles issues like this on a case by case basis. But the policy printed on the tickets and posted on the ticket sales webpage says that that tickets are nonrefundable, nontransferable, and are not for resale. The purchaser is supposed to know this before buying. As you say, tragedies do happen unexpectedly. Disney knows this. Guests can contact them to pursue a particular case further. But, generally speaking, purchasers should be aware of Disney's policy before buying and should double check the party date and party location (yes, people do buy tickets for the wrong date/wrong park/wrong state) before hitting "purchase." Disney is not responsible for buyer carelessness.

Last edited:
Disney handles issues like this on a case by case basis. But the policy printed on the tickets and posted on the ticket sales webpage says that that tickets are nonrefundable, nontransferable, and are not for resale. The purchaser is supposed to know this before buying. As you say, tragedies do happen unexpectedly. Disney knows this. Guests can contact them to pursue a particular case further. But, generally speaking, purchasers should be aware of Disney's policy before buying and should double check the party date and party location (yes, people do buy tickets for the wrong date/wrong park/wrong state) before hitting "purchase." Disney is not responsible for buyer carelessness.

That's worse customer service than the airline industry.

Maxpass is included with the ticket this year. Just note that DL has not, historically, offered FPs during the party itself. So you'll be able to use MP/FP from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm in DL and 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm in DCA.

Are their times posted already with the schedule of events for the night. Which park has the parade?
The operating scedule for the day has been posted with some of the MHP entertainment included. MHP is only in Disneyland, but the ticket is a hopper so you could theoretically visit DCA if you wanted to as well. The Frightfully Fun Parade (exclusive to MHP) is in DL at 9:00 pm and 10:30 pm. The Headless Horseman rides a bit before the start of both parades. DCA is also presenting Paint the Night that evening (7:45 pm).
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2018-10-09/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter