Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

Oogie Boogie Popcorn Buckets are available right now, but not the new model.

Attachments

• Resized952018091395181914001958785_2.jpg
    Resized952018091395181914001958785_2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Does anyone know if there’s a list somewhere with all of the confirmed Haloweentime PhotoPass Magic Shots for this year? I’ve seen the poison apple as well as the Jack-o-lantern magic shots, but is the Zero magic shot back this year?

Cauldron Buckets not available yesterday either. One of my local friends is on watch, she's scared it will sell out before I come over next month.

Cauldron Buckets not available yesterday either. One of my local friends is on watch, she's scared it will sell out before I come over next month.
I'm local and I am scared I'm going to miss it lol ...wish I could go everyday..or even every week, but can't..I hope to get one! People are speculating it will be out next week sometime.

That's worse customer service than the airline industry.
ROFL. That is literally what airlines do. A bit more leniency for the dead maybe but even then if you want a refund send in the copy of the death certificate and hope it processes correctly. Outside of death, plead and plead and send doctors notes and beg and call and follow up call a half a dozen more times and once in a blue moon maybe you get a refund- and even then sometimes they don’t get you that promised refund! At least Disney says no straight up instead of dragging people through months of turmoil just to say no.

And as stated by others Disney says this is non-refundable are you absolutely certain you want to buy this? We’re adults, we know buying non-refundable things are a gamble. Every person who purchases this ticket has decided the gamble is worth it, but sometimes the house wins. I know that. I accept that. (And I have eaten the cost of a party ticket before. 2017 Halloween. REALLY hoping I don’t have to eat this year’s too but I accept the risk.)

They are not budging on this one.

I bought my ticket for 10/31 and when a family member went to buy theirs, it had sold out. We called to see if they would allow me to exchange my ticket for 10/29 and purchase the additional one so that we could both go and they said no. No exchanges, no transfers, etc.

So now I'm currently going to the Halloween Party solo.
Definitely a bummer but hopefully you have a great time even solo. I’m sure some will have tips for a solo MHP after the party gets going if you’re interested. I know we have some that solo the parties here!

Also heading to the first party next week! DL vet but it’s the first MHP for me and my fam. We’re not interested in characters, we’re looking forward to the atmosphere, fireworks, parade and rides!

I’m looking for advice on a ride plan. We’ll probably arrive around 6pm. Suggestions for what area to head to first? Pretty much Space Mountian is the only ride we’re not interested in.

Do DAS and wheelchair return times operate during MHP? We’ll have a DAS and an ECV in our group this trip. I feel like I was told previously DAS doesn’t operate because most lines are too short to require return times (sweet!!) but I figure they must still have wheelchair return times for stuff like Indy or HMH?

ROFL. That is literally what airlines do. A bit more leniency for the dead maybe but even then if you want a refund send in the copy of the death certificate and hope it processes correctly. Outside of death, plead and plead and send doctors notes and beg and call and follow up call a half a dozen more times and once in a blue moon maybe you get a refund- and even then sometimes they don’t get you that promised refund! At least Disney says no straight up instead of dragging people through months of turmoil just to say no.

And as stated by others Disney says this is non-refundable are you absolutely certain you want to buy this? We’re adults, we know buying non-refundable things are a gamble. Every person who purchases this ticket has decided the gamble is worth it, but sometimes the house wins. I know that. I accept that. (And I have eaten the cost of a party ticket before. 2017 Halloween. REALLY hoping I don’t have to eat this year’s too but I accept the risk.)

No most airlines do allow for a change of dates. Southwest will do so for free but most will charge you a fee but they don't just take your money if you can't go like Disney. I do not know of any U.S air carrier that does not allow changes.

But like I said before, Southwest airlines allows you to change your dates for free. I did so last month with them. I've even gotten a credit for a ticket when I could not fly at all due to my work schedule. I think Disney could be as good as the best airline and better than other theme parks. I remember when I was in college in the early 90s Disney was considered to have the best customer service in the country out of any industry. I'd like to see them be the leader in customer service again.

No most airlines do allow for a change of dates. Southwest will do so for free but most will charge you a fee but they don't just take your money if you can't go like Disney. I do not know of any U.S air carrier that does not allow changes.

But like I said before, Southwest airlines allows you to change your dates for free. I did so last month with them. I've even gotten a credit for a ticket when I could not fly at all due to my work schedule. I think Disney could be as good as the best airline and better than other theme parks. I remember when I was in college in the early 90s Disney was considered to have the best customer service in the country out of any industry. I'd like to see them be the leader in customer service again.
Agree Disney customer service is pretty bad.

Absolutely don’t agree about the airlines. Aside from SW they charge $125/person to change a ticket even if the flight cost less than that. For $125 you can “change” your party ticket too...

Also heading to the first party next week! DL vet but it’s the first MHP for me and my fam. We’re not interested in characters, we’re looking forward to the atmosphere, fireworks, parade and rides!

I’m looking for advice on a ride plan. We’ll probably arrive around 6pm. Suggestions for what area to head to first? Pretty much Space Mountian is the only ride we’re not interested in.

Do DAS and wheelchair return times operate during MHP? We’ll have a DAS and an ECV in our group this trip. I feel like I was told previously DAS doesn’t operate because most lines are too short to require return times (sweet!!) but I figure they must still have wheelchair return times for stuff like Indy or HMH?

I can't help with DAS but as a DL vet you know to stay away from the Hub during parades & fireworks. The same hold true for Halloween party. During the Parade and Fireworks is the only time I felt crowded. Haunted Mansion & Ghost Galaxy usually have the longest waits. We usually hop inline for Haunted Mansion just before closing - then when we get out most of the park is deserted.

Man I didn't think it was going to be that hard to get the bucket. Now I feel pressure to get there and get mine first thing! I can just see it, my bf will ask me, "why aren't we in line for HMH?" and I''' respond "I need my popcorn bucket dagnabbit! It opens in an hour and I will stand at this cart and wait!" lol

This morning marked our 1 month left to wait mark. I think we may do the unthinkable and sleep in on our one Saturday. We are doing a quick Disney Fix trip. Landing in CA at 7:30 am on Friday. Hitting the parks... likely DCA first when we arrive, MHP that night. Hoping our room will be ready and Dd and I can nap if we think we need to mid-afternoon. But we are usually so amped we aren’t feeling tired yet. But on the other hand we need to get up at 2:30 am that morning. We are hoping to close down MHP. So then I was thinking EE at 7 am Saturday would be ridiculous, so maybe we will just sleep in, get breakfast on the way into the park and be all leisurely. We have F! BB ressies for 3 pm for the 10:30 show, want to do PTN and then cross over and swim thru the crowds for the late F! Likely close the parks down again, which means EE the next day may be difficult too. But we are going to try for it on Sunday anyway, and we have 10 am Plaza ressies for brunch after hitting a few hours of rides. We don’t have to leave the park until 6:30 pm to go get our bags from PPH and head for SNA. So Sunday is not a whole day, but a pretty good one. You all figure the last hour in the parks is as good as early entry at 7 am? That’s my hope at least!

Any chance at getting last minute tickets that are showing as sold out?

Call the ticket line ASAP to see if there are any tickets available by phone. If you are local, check at the ticket booths, too. If you will be staying on site on the date of the party in question, day of MHP tickets have been made available to limited on site guests at the GCH first thing in the morning of each party. Call the GCH to ask whether this will be the case this year. Sometimes, day of MHP tickets have been made available at the ticket booths.

:mickeyjumJust bought our tickets for the 29th. This will be our 5th year for our family to attend the Halloween party. So excited! We had hoped to go to a September party this year but my husband and I both had thing in flux at work and had to wait till today to have days off confirmed and with all the Friday parties sold out decided to go for Monday the 29th. Now to get costume nailed down, one year we did incredibles, one year toy story, one year Star Wars and last year scooby doo. I’m leaning towards Phineas and Ferb family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter