~ Mickey's Magical Matey Tour ~ November 6-13, 2010 Eastern Magic

Thanks for the pillowcase tip! Some more: I am bringing an alarm clock since they didn't have one on our last cruise, and I'm bringing those Disney resort mugs to use for our drinks at the soda station.

Are we having a schedule for the FE?

:cheer2:Hi,

I am a new cruiser who will be cruising with my Sam my husband (36) and we will be celebrating my birthday on the cruise. I would love to meet new people who are cruising too. How does this all work?

Farrah (31) soon to be 32 :)

We are renting a car both ways. It was much cheaper :goodvibes

Where are you renting from? The problem is that we have to get back to the airport, and the price is about double to return the car there. We used to rent from Enterprise at Marriott World Center and the one at Port Canaveral, but they closed the Marriott location and now you can only do one way rentals between airports.

:cheer2:Hi,

I am a new cruiser who will be cruising with my Sam my husband (36) and we will be celebrating my birthday on the cruise. I would love to meet new people who are cruising too. How does this all work?

Farrah (31) soon to be 32 :)

Welcome Farrah and happy early birthday!!:woohoo:
What a great way to celebrate.
The best thing to do is to search the threads and you will find tons of information. I know if you read back on this particular thread you will find a lot of folks are going to the meet and greet. Not sure if they have narrowed down a time yet, though.
I hope you love your cruise!!:goodvibes
Amy

Where are you renting from? The problem is that we have to get back to the airport, and the price is about double to return the car there. We used to rent from Enterprise at Marriott World Center and the one at Port Canaveral, but they closed the Marriott location and now you can only do one way rentals between airports.
We are renting from Avis at MCO & Budget fom Port Canaveral on the way back. We got really good deals. I've already packed the rental confirmations though. If you find a cheaper price on a rental. Call Avis. Sometimes they will match the price. Look for discount codes on mousesavers.com. :goodvibes

Ok I am going to look to you disney cruise experts - but I would love one or two more meets - maybe on sea days? Maybe you experts could recommend pool locations? Like before lunch ??

Other suggestions?

Hi

I learned about this place from the boards and wanted to share just incase you are looking for grocery delivery/ So far this has been pretty easy! Amy is great and we look forward to meeting her!

Provided our grocery list for the start and end of our trip ;)

http://www.wegoshop.com

Ok printing this list today - I will hand this in our minnie/mickey FE the first day so please make any updates to the copies by the end of the first day.

I have not done this before but have read there is no schedule, however I will put ours out on the 2nd sea day...

Looking forward to the sun, is pouring in Seattle...

Fish Extender Participants

Member / Room #GoofyFD / Mark, Emily, Carey, Jenna / 2606LisaG520 / Lisa & Darrell / 6098gwoman100 / Cheryl (40), Mallory (6) / 6321Spaingirls / Mom, DH, DD (11), DD (7) / 6524leelip1982 / Lee & Ashley / 6628Casana / Ana, Frank, Sofia (6) / 6632Cbettencourt / Christine, Jorge, Sarah (4.5) / 7122nhpgator / Ron, Natasha, Isabella (7yo), Mackenzie (4 yo) / 7518 for nowfarynaed / Emily, Craig, Ellie (8), Hayden (5) / 7537Tonyah / Tonya, Jim, Rhianna (13), Kathryn (5) / 7574cjhecelaya / Colin, Jenn, Hanna (8), Emmalee (6) / 8044

JustinsMommy07 / Maria, Mark, Justin (3), Joseph (10 mo) / 8518JoRo / Gustin, Josephine (4), Robert (2.5) / 8526

Has anyone checked the weather? This is what I saw in the weather channel's site:
Tuesday, November 9, 2010 St. Maarten - SHOWERS, high of 85F
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 St. Thomas - SHOWERS, high of 83F
I'm getting worried- it looks like rain for the cruise.. or am I wrong??? :scared:

JoRo - I have to ask, why do you need grocery delivery to the cruise? I thought they had oodles of food in this cruise, right? And yes I'm a newbie to cruises :confused3

casana-Yes, it does indeed look like a cooler and possibly rainy day when we sail. There are several hurricanes out right now but a lot can change between now and Saturday. Let's just keep throwing the magic pixie dust!!:wizard:

To everyone- We are packing up and pulling out in the am after we vote. I hope each one of you has a wonderful cruise and congrats in advance to all of our soon-to-be newlyweds!!:grouphug:

Safe trips to all!:goodvibes
Amy

:wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:

Sending LOTS of pixie dust everyone's way for a sunny and beautiful cruise! Also hoping for not too rough of seas! :scared1:

I hope we don't get affected by this dumb hurricane! Grr

JoRo - I have to ask, why do you need grocery delivery to the cruise? I thought they had oodles of food in this cruise, right? And yes I'm a newbie to cruises :confused3[/QUOTE]

HAHA we might starve ;) Actually we are 2.5 days before and 4 days after so we are getting water, chips, cheese sticks some of which they WDW hotels will actually transfer from hotel to hotel and hold until we return, including the stroller ;) Not taking our stroller on the cruise.

So excited 3 more sleeps.

Oh I am planning on sun!!! From Seattle we need our vit D! I will check on Wed before we leave, dont want to have to pack sweaters ;)

Has anyone checked the weather? This is what I saw in the weather channel's site:
Tuesday, November 9, 2010 St. Maarten - SHOWERS, high of 85F
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 St. Thomas - SHOWERS, high of 83F
I'm getting worried- it looks like rain for the cruise.. or am I wrong??? :scared:

JoRo - I have to ask, why do you need grocery delivery to the cruise? I thought they had oodles of food in this cruise, right? And yes I'm a newbie to cruises :confused3

I personally am not worried about this only because it is a ways away so they can't really be too accurate because most of the days next week have the same temp and rain percentage on weather.com so I think they are just being very broad about it atm...that's what I am telling myself anyways! haha

Were in WPB, FL and it is over cast and rainy from Hurricane/Tropical Storm Tomas. By the time we get to st Maarten we should be ok. The storm has yet to turn north yet the longer it takes to turn towards the north the better the weather will have. The problem is going to be how the captain decides to go around the storm. Will have to wait and see.

I think Tomas is going to pose a threat to us. It's a slow moving storm, and we need to sail right through it's wake. I wonder if they would divert us to Castaway Cay first to give it time to move on. I certainly hope I'm wrong, but looking at stormpulse I'm thinking we will see rough seas.

I think Tomas is going to pose a threat to us. It's a slow moving storm, and we need to sail right through it's wake. I wonder if they would divert us to Castaway Cay first to give it time to move on. I certainly hope I'm wrong, but looking at stormpulse I'm thinking we will see rough seas.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like it is supposed to cut right through our path at the beginning of our cruise. I hope the Captain is able to find a calm spot for us to sail. I was on a cruise this same week 4 years ago (Western Caribbean) and it was rough sailing getting out of Port Canaveral because we were following bad weather out. We had second dining that night, and the dining room was completely empty. That is the only time I have ever been sea sick. Maybe the Ducks will win over the Huskies on Saturday and give us enough pixie dust for smooth sailing!

Fish Extender Participants

Member / Room #

GoofyFD / Mark, Emily, Carey, Jenna / 2606

LisaG520 / Lisa & Darrell / 6098

gwoman100 / Cheryl (40), Mallory (6) / 6321

Spaingirls / Mom, DH, DD (11), DD (7) / 6524

leelip1982 / Lee & Ashley / 6628

Casana / Ana, Frank, Sofia (6) / 6632

Cbettencourt / Christine, Jorge, Sarah (4.5) / 7122

nhpgator / Ron, Natasha, Isabella (7yo), Mackenzie (4 yo) / 7518 for now

farynaed / Emily, Craig, Ellie (8), Hayden (5) / 7537

Tonyah / Tonya, Jim, Rhianna (13), Kathryn (5) / 7574

cjhecelaya / Colin, Jenn, Hanna (8), Emmalee (6) / 8044

JustinsMommy07 / Maria, Mark, Justin (3), Joseph (10 mo) / 8518

JoRo / Gustin, Josephine (4), Robert (2.5) / 8526

Did I separate the list out right? (Not sure what happened with your list JoRo but it was all jumbled together for me)

Can't wait to meet on Saturday!!!!

Anyone else staying at the Country Inn and Suites at the port on Friday? We finally booked a hotel for Friday night. We weren't sure if we were going to drive down Friday or Saturday but decided to go with Friday - start the vacation a day sooner :cool1:

Out of curiosity...does anyone traveling from WDW to Port Canaveral have room in their car/limo/other for 2 additional adults and a suitcase? If so, please PM me and let me know what time you are leaving. Our ride may have fallen through. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter