Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Central 2004!!!!!! =0)

hi! I actually had to watch the kids but my DH, sister, BIL and 5 year old neices went in to the STITCH show. They only did one showing in front of a ton of imagineers. I was hoping i could switch off but since they only did one showing I will have to wait until my next trip...:( My family thought it was definitely geared for kids and not a bit scary. (except they still strap you in those same AE seats...I know my 4 year old wouldn't have liked that.) I was there on the 12th (last Tuesday) and I don't know if they are doing it on all MNSSHP's or if we lucked out. It happened when we were coralled in Tomorrowland between 6:00 and 7:00 I think.

Hi All! Just back last night from the world and MNSSHP on the 14th. What a great time we had!

Dave had never been to Disney World and the halloween party was his first taste of the kingdom. Needless to say, he loved the party and this trip and has upgraded to an annual pass.

Our party was great! We were all dressed. Mom & Dad were Mr & Mrs Potato Head (they love Halloween), I was partly cloudy with a chance of Rain and Dave was Phantom of the Opera. Had dinner at LTT at 5:40 and was finished by 6:40. Saw all the cute characters in their masks and got some great pics. The food was good but the service was lacking. The waitress wanted to talk to us about her halloween excursions throughout the years but never seemed to be around when we needed more water or food.

At 6:40 we left LTT and were not sent to Tomorrowland. We actually walked onto BTM and when it was finished they told us we could stay on and ride again until there were others who wanted to ride. We passed this to go try Splash. Walked through to splash and got our own car (so pics don't have strangers in it). They also said we could stay on and ride again (again we passed). CM's were out already with candy so we trick or treated our way around. Walk through to HM and so on. The only wait we had was 5 minutes at Space Mountain (after it was closed for a little while). I saw a line for Buzz and passed it up for later on in the evening.

Fireworks were cool. My mom actually saw the fireworks from the 17th from the GF and she said the fireworks are better from outside the park than inside the park. Parade was cute, I felt it was short and also music was very low. 2nd parade seemed very crowded in Liberty Square. But all in all the whole night was enjoyable. FYI, Frontierland, Liberty Square and Adventureland were packed after fireworks. I would again see them early in the evening.

I loved the party and can't wait to go again next year.

Just got back home,went to the"party" on the 3rd.Night did not get off to great start DS9's costume(bought especially for the event) was deemed too scary for him to enter park! So scary(not!) that they wanted him to take it off & was only after I explained that it was all he had on That we even got to go in to buy some pants!
I checked all our paperwork when we returned to our hotel & the only relevant rule I found was "inappropriate dress",all the kids on the Ferryboat across thought it was cool!By the way it was a Zombie outfit.We also seen plenty of adults dressed as Horror movie characters ie Freddy krueger but a 9 year old zombie is inappropriate? Go figure!
Has anyone else come across this?
SD:mad:

shooby doo, WOW! i'm glad you shared that with us. my 15 year old nephew was going to be there dressed as a zombie. i guess he'd better rethink that! thanks for the info!

Does anyone know where I can get just 1 ticket to MNSSHP for the 29th?? I have 3 but another person is joining us and by the time we knew she was coming they were sold out. :(

We just got back and went to the party on the 17th. We had a great time but did notice several things that were different from the past. First, yes there definitely were mosquitos out. I got eaten up. Take bug spray!! Second, the parade was shorter. We also noticed that in past years by 11:00 most of the little kids were gone but I think with the addition of Cindy's carriage and Snow White people were sticking around longer and getting pictures. We got there at 5:30 and headed straight to get something to eat at Pecos Bills. We were the last ones served before they closed their doors at 6:00. We had a quiet dinner - only 2 other tables had people sitting there and then around 6:30 headed out to Tomorrowland. Walked right on Buzz Lightyear twice. While DH and DS rode again I ran and got my MNSSHP pin at Star Traders (before 7:00) and passed on the shirt. Didn't think as cute as prior years. But did pick up a cute Mickey in a scarecrow outfit. The crowd did seem a little bigger but we never waited for anything. Walked right on Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Railroad. Any other questions, let me know.

Can't wait until next year!:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Josh's Mom
Second, the parade was shorter.

We went to the party on Oct 1 and we actually felt like the parade was longer than in previous years.

Originally posted by poohj80
We went to the party on Oct 1 and we actually felt like the parade was longer than in previous years.

I'll bet if we list all the floats we've seen in the parade this year and previous years, we could figure out if its the same or shorter. It is, IMHO, the shortest Disney parade so maybe it just seemed shorter??

I remember about 10 floats with dancers and characters walking in between.

I was going to list all the floats I could remember from 2002 but didn't want to spoil it for any newbies.

This was our fourth year going and the villian part was the same but the second part definitely was not. Several others around us also commented as well. Someone asked about the picture line and we zipped right through that. We went to Adventureland because they said it was at least a 20 minute wait in Tommorland.

Just wondering if you DON'T have any PS can you still get into MNSSHP at 4pm? I have looked for this answer on this thread but can't locate it....someone please help!

Thanks,
hookedondizney:flower1:

Originally posted by hookedondizney
Just wondering if you DON'T have any PS can you still get into MNSSHP at 4pm? I have looked for this answer on this thread but can't locate it....someone please help!

Yes, you can start getting into the MK with your MNSSHP tickets around 4 PM - PS not needed.

Originally posted by poohj80
Yes, you can start getting into the MK with your MNSSHP tickets around 4 PM - PS not needed.

What time can you pick up your "will call" tickets for MNNSHP? Will they hold them till 7 or can you get them earlier?

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

Some wonderful DISer's have donated money so that we can take the children from Hacienda Girl's Ranch (A group foster home) to MNSSHP this friday and I'm so excited. None of our girls have been to the Magic Kingdom before so not only are they going to MNSSHP which is exciting but it's their first WDW trip!
I do have some questions...

1.) There will be 16 of us any problems anyone forsees? Parade and/or fireworks viewing locations for such a big group?

2.) How strict are the costume rules, give me some ideas of the limits... they are teenagers...lol

3.) Is there enough time to trick or treat, see fireworks, parade and most of the rides?

4.) Any merchandise other than the tee's, stuffed mickeys/minnie's that are specific to MNSSHP?

Any other advice anyone care to share? We have four staff going so technically we could split up but I'd prefer to stay together. We are going to arrive around 6:30pm, and stay the whole time.

Only two more days... yahoo! The girls are super excited!

Originally posted by 2angelsinheaven
Some wonderful DISer's have donated money so that we can take the children from Hacienda Girl's Ranch (A group foster home) to MNSSHP this friday and I'm so excited. None of our girls have been to the Magic Kingdom before so not only are they going to MNSSHP which is exciting but it's their first WDW trip!
I do have some questions...

1.) There will be 16 of us any problems anyone forsees? Parade and/or fireworks viewing locations for such a big group?

2.) How strict are the costume rules, give me some ideas of the limits... they are teenagers...lol

3.) Is there enough time to trick or treat, see fireworks, parade and most of the rides?

4.) Any merchandise other than the tee's, stuffed mickeys/minnie's that are specific to MNSSHP?

Any other advice anyone care to share? We have four staff going so technically we could split up but I'd prefer to stay together. We are going to arrive around 6:30pm, and stay the whole time.

Only two more days... yahoo! The girls are super excited!

How neat! I wish the girls could spend the whole day there! Given it's their first trip, they will be pretty overwhelmed for a 5 1/2 stay, but they will have an absolute blast!

Costumes? See a previous post about a child who tried to enter with a costume they deemed "inappropriate". I'd let them know that they'll have to keep it simple or they can't get in possibly.

This just warms my heart! My dear father (may he rest in peace) believed that everyone in their life should get to go to WDW at least once!!! This is something he is smiling about right now!!!!!::yes::

Hi all!!!

Getting very excited! I am making my daughter's costume--and let's just say it will look like I did :hyper: . DD will love it anyway.

I'm very nervous about the 29th being sold out. I like controlled chaos, but get fearful if it is more mob like.

Do you find that it is "orderly" when you wait in the lines for candy?

Is the trick or treating just on Main Street, or is it in the other areas too.

DH won't be there early as he has his Master's exams on this day.

If we can get in at 4pm--are they handing out the trick or treat bags that early?

How do we get our wristbands? We have our tix and are staying at a DTD hotel.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Lisa loves Pooh
Hi all!!!

If we can get in at 4pm--are they handing out the trick or treat bags that early?

How do we get our wristbands? We have our tix and are staying at a DTD hotel.

I found the trick or treat lines to be very orderly and even though they seemed long, went fast.

There are trick or treating stations throughout the park and when you pick up a MNSSHP map you'll see where...Toontown, near HM, all over...

If you enter any time after 4:00p, you'll get your wristband and trick or treat bag at the gate upon entering.

Originally posted by Lisa loves Pooh

There are organized lines with exits and entrances so it's very orderly.

Actually, none on Main Street - they are scattered throughout the park. They are marked on the MNSSHP maps as well as by big pumpkin balloons that say Trick-or-Treat on them.

How do we get our wristbands?

You'll get both upon entering the park after 4 PM. If you are already in the park, you can get your wristband all along Main Street by showing your party tickets. If you miss the bags when you enter, they had them at all the trick-or-treat stations as well.

You can get your ticket at 7 or after. We didn't get ours until 7:30 I think. Also when we were there they were handing out candy on main street. It seemed to be everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter