• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickeys not so scary halloween party

While some may not feel rushed, others may. It is all about perception. If one wants to get the most out of their money then being asked to leave before you are ready would make one feel rushed, as would someone trying to remove one's plate before one is finished eating. It would seem that maybe the second seating would be better as one could make the rounds of the attractions before the soiree?

I personally, find it WAY over priced for a couple slices of salami and apple tarts. Getting my picture with the Villains, or any character for that matter, isn't worth an extra $100 per person, but that is just my opinion!

This event was thrown together at the last minute without adequate planning...IMHO!!

It was so much more than a couple slices of salami and apple tarts. We were actually quite full. The gourmet cheeses were amazing and the specialty desserts were delicious. I understand desserts and cheeses don't appeal to all, but diminishing what was actually offered is unfair. The show that Lady Tremaine and the other villains performed was worth the price alone. Now if they would release the recipe for Maleficent's mousse, is be very happy!

It was so much more than a couple slices of salami and apple tarts. We were actually quite full. The gourmet cheeses were amazing and the specialty desserts were delicious. I understand desserts and cheeses don't appeal to all, but diminishing what was actually offered is unfair. The show that Lady Tremaine and the other villains performed was worth the price alone. Now if they would release the recipe for Maleficent's mousse, is be very happy!

I will take your word on how it was you were there... the other poster was not...

While some may not feel rushed, others may. It is all about perception. If one wants to get the most out of their money then being asked to leave before you are ready would make one feel rushed, as would someone trying to remove one's plate before one is finished eating. It would seem that maybe the second seating would be better as one could make the rounds of the attractions before the soiree?

I personally, find it WAY over priced for a couple slices of salami and apple tarts. Getting my picture with the Villains, or any character for that matter, isn't worth an extra $100 per person, but that is just my opinion!

This event was thrown together at the last minute without adequate planning...IMHO!!

Funny that a person who actually attended has a different perception then you who did not.. I will take her word until I see for myself.. Is it expensive.. sure is but no one is forcing anyone to pony up the $.

1. I know Disney doesn't need the money
2. I know Disney doesn't need any more members in their sales department
3. They do a distasteful job of PR on their own without outside help
4. They have enough lawyers to defend themselves.
5. The "free market" excuse to price gouging isn't the end that justifies the means.

That's all I know...bye for now :)

1. I know Disney doesn't need the money 2. I know Disney doesn't need any more members in their sales department 3. They do a distasteful job of PR on their own without outside help 4. They have enough lawyers to defend themselves. 5. The "free market" excuse to price gouging isn't the end that justifies the means. That's all I know...bye for now :)

I agree it's also your choice to never go back and give then your $...

Did they have any desserts other than the ones shown?? I have only seen the Salami and gourmet cheese, etc plate plus the specialty desserts. I am such a picky eater and I won't eat any of these...I like very simple things so now I am considering cancelling our reservations.

I, too, would like to know if there were more desserts than the 4 specialty desserts. I will like Cruela de Vil's and possibly Dr. Facilier's.

Also- did you do the Mayhem at the Mansion app game? I am trying to figure out if we can access that right from 4pm (or earlier) or if we have to wait until 7pm for it to work.

I, too, would like to know if there were more desserts than the 4 specialty desserts. I will like Cruela de Vil's and possibly Dr. Facilier's. Also- did you do the Mayhem at the Mansion app game? I am trying to figure out if we can access that right from 4pm (or earlier) or if we have to wait until 7pm for it to work.

They said the app isn't working yet.

There will be villains throughout the park to meet, and even some to dance with. :thumbsup2

I am pretty bummed they pulled The Queen and Maleficent. I really wanted to see them paired with the princesses.

Going to the Soiree is still up in the air, here. :rolleyes1

I, too, would like to know if there were more desserts than the 4 specialty desserts. I will like Cruela de Vil's and possibly Dr. Facilier's.

Also- did you do the Mayhem at the Mansion app game? I am trying to figure out if we can access that right from 4pm (or earlier) or if we have to wait until 7pm for it to work.

Cruella's was delicious. Facillier's was a little too bitter for my taste. Maleficen'ts was my favorite! Evil Queen's was also delicious.

We didn't bother with the Mansion app.

Tim999ghosts said:
They need to add Scrooge Duck to the villain list it would be fitting with all the up charges!

It's not an upcharge if you choose not to pay it. It gives guests an additional option if they choose to though.

But I get it, here on the Doom & Gloom board, everything Disney does (or plans to do) is bad, will fail, & will cause them to get taken over by Universal. And they certainly shouldn't be trying to make money, thats just outrageous. And you can tell too, by how empty the events were, that they badly misjudged whether people wanted this or not. Oh wait, the event was full?

Carry on then with the regularly scheduled Disney bashing.

It's not an upcharge if you choose not to pay it. It gives guests an additional option if they choose to though.

But I get it, here on the Doom & Gloom board, everything Disney does (or plans to do) is bad, will fail, & will cause them to get taken over by Universal. And they certainly shouldn't be trying to make money, thats just outrageous. And you can tell too, by how empty the events were, that they badly misjudged whether people wanted this or not. Oh wait, the event was full?

Carry on then with the regularly scheduled Disney bashing.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you don't get it at all.

There's a difference between rooting for Disney to fail and seriously questioning the direction/business decisions they are making.

Blind faith is not a virtue.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you don't get it at all.

There's a difference between rooting for Disney to fail and seriously questioning the direction/business decisions they are making.

Blind faith is not a virtue.

It's a heckuva lot more than questioning the business decisions they are making.

And at any rate, the business decisions they are making are sound business decisions, and very successful as well. They are serving multiple customer groups/classes, from those that want to experience Disney on a budget to those who want the full spare no expense treatment.

Whether you believe it or not, staying on property, on the monorail line, meeting characters, attending special events, etc... these mean things to some (many) people. People want to go to Disney to experience everything that it has to offer. Disney is giving them that option to do so, and are still investing in the WDW complex, whether it is new attractions, new resort areas/DVC, new dining/shopping at Disney Springs, or simply new events.

But hey, one person thought things didn't go exactly right on the first night of the event, so it is all terrible. Though many people said it was a perfectly fine event. To be honest, if I was to attend this event, I wouldn't go on the first night. Just as I don't go to new restaurants until they've been open long enough to work out the kinks.

It's a heckuva lot more than questioning the business decisions they are making.

And at any rate, the business decisions they are making are sound business decisions, and very successful as well. They are serving multiple customer groups/classes, from those that want to experience Disney on a budget to those who want the full spare no expense treatment.

Whether you believe it or not, staying on property, on the monorail line, meeting characters, attending special events, etc... these mean things to some (many) people. People want to go to Disney to experience everything that it has to offer. Disney is giving them that option to do so, and are still investing in the WDW complex, whether it is new attractions, new resort areas/DVC, new dining/shopping at Disney Springs, or simply new events.

But hey, one person thought things didn't go exactly right on the first night of the event, so it is all terrible. Though many people said it was a perfectly fine event. To be honest, if I was to attend this event, I wouldn't go on the first night. Just as I don't go to new restaurants until they've been open long enough to work out the kinks.

I don't think this is a doom and gloom board, but I do think Disney is making a lot of short term decisions that will positively effect the pockets of the current leaders of the company. I think a lot of their decisions are bad ones for a long term look at the company, but what do they care, these managers will be long gone by then.

My problem with events like this, it does nothing to push Disney to be great again. We can sit here and say that Disney is adding attractions and new experiances, and they are to a certain extend. But one of the reasons why I love Disney is their parks are different than another park in the world. I live 2 miles from Carowinds, a theme park here in Charlotte, when something breaks, they don't fix it. The theming is bad and a lot of things are way out of date.

Disney didn't use to be like that, when something broke, they fixed it. When something was out dated, they fixed it. Now instead of fixing things, they just close them, make them seasonal, or take months to fix.

Disney also used to build things quickly, now it takes years to build something. Take Avatar for example, it was announced 3 years ago and is not scheduled to be completed for another 3 yeas, 6 years from announcement to completion is a problem.

Case in point, when we went in May, Garden Grill was not rotating, apparently it hadn't been rotating for a few months. Shame on us for not realizing that before we went, we would have rebooked to another restaurant.

The people that just hand money fist over fist to disney are doing nothing to push them. We can have great things at WDW again, and I think we will, but I think we need to push Disney to get things done.

mvk said:
"The business decisions they are making are sound business decisions, and very successful as well. They are serving multiple customer groups/classes, from those that want to experience Disney on a budget to those who want the full spare no expense treatment."

Agree! We went on a budget last time and this time we chose the full spare no expense treatment. I love that I can have a great vacation no matter what our finances are. MNSSHP, Villain Soirée, Frozen Premier Package, Cirque du Soleil, etc. We love that we were able to customize our trip this time for an extra magical experience. Our last 2 trips were absoltely amazing and full of memories.... and we only did the MNSSHP. No extras. There is plenty to do and special experiences wrapped up in the base tickets.... both park and party base tickets :)

My wife and I were talking about this yesterday, she responded that I hope they don't get ideas like this for the cruise line. I can just see a pirate dessert party with the upper deck roped off for those that pay for the premium package.

As far as the "doom and gloom" on this board, most people are here because they love Disney. Anyone that looks back on 2005-2014 and doesn't realize that its the most disappointing 10 years in Disney World's history, as far as new rides, innovation, etc, I really don't know what to say. And the thing is, we don't know of anything new coming in the next 2 years.

Disney has spent most of their money this past decade on expanding in Asia, cruise ships, and ignoring the mother ship. Which according to some people, is great, cause they'll give them their money no matter what.

My wife and I were talking about this yesterday, she responded that I hope they don't get ideas like this for the cruise line. I can just see a pirate dessert party with the upper deck roped off for those that pay for the premium package.

As far as the "doom and gloom" on this board, most people are here because they love Disney. Anyone that looks back on 2005-2014 and doesn't realize that its the most disappointing 10 years in Disney World's history, as far as new rides, innovation, etc, I really don't know what to say. And the thing is, we don't know of anything new coming in the next 2 years.

Disney has spent most of their money this past decade on expanding in Asia, cruise ships, and ignoring the mother ship. Which according to some people, is great, cause they'll give them their money no matter what.

This is the best post I've ever seen in my time here...no question.

It eloquently states the facts of the approach and realities at wdw after the Eisner boom ended, he lost his mind, and EVERYBODY wanted him gone. But it was in many ways a tipping point for the east coast stronghold.

The property is a recent "success story" that is gnawing away at the pilings longterm...

Ironic...in the land of sinkholes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter